Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ng0d4n View Post
    Are the Red ones a more true red than the pic on PPCS? Seems to show fairly pink-ish?
    They are not as deep red as I was trying for, but not as pinkish as the super white background and bright lights make them seem.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Might pick up some whites to contrast nicely with some red tube. Are matching rotary 45/90s coming?

Xtreme Mentor
    Got my first set today. I will get some decent PICS up in just a bit. They are nice, easy to install, look good and come very well packed. One note, neither o-rings are installed since they come with both black and the color ones, so make sure you do install the o-ring before installing them for use. These are friggin awesome.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Got my first set today. I will get some decent PICS up in just a bit. They are nice, easy to install, look good and come very well packed. One note, neither o-rings are installed since they come with both black and the color ones, so make sure you do install the o-ring before installing them for use. These are friggin awesome.
    Holy CRAP! It totally never occurred to me that I should include some kind of little note in the packaging reminding people that they DO need to pick and O ring color and install them. Will add it for sure on the next batch. The only reason we don't install one of the two colors is that if the customer ends up wanting the other color there is the risk of damaging the O rings when they remove them if they use a needle or other pointed object.

How do you like those nice FAT 2.4mm thick high quality O rings Buddy? If you can't get a seal with those fatties you need to throw away whatever your trying to install them on =)

Did you notice the knurling on the bottom of the barb to improve installed grip?

Also, I noticed on a few packages I checked that there was a faint line/smudge on the side of the compression rings where the rubber cement used to bond the layers of the foam packing tray together had not fully cured before the fittings were packaged. I just wiped them off easily with a little alcohol (the rubbing kind not the drinking stuff). Not a big deal and it was only a few packages, just wanted to mention it in case you see a faint little line of goo when you get yours. Another thing I will correct in the next batch.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stren View Post
    Might pick up some whites to contrast nicely with some red tube. Are matching rotary 45/90s coming?
    Yes, cranking on them as fast as my little fingers can =)

Prolly be 4-6 weeks by the the time all the testing etc. is done though.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Holy CRAP! It totally never occurred to me that I should include some kind of little note in the packaging reminding people that they DO need to pick and O ring color and install them. Will add it for sure on the next batch. The only reason we don't install one of the two colors is that if the customer ends up wanting the other color there is the risk of damaging the O rings when they remove them if they use a needle or other pointed object.

How do you like those nice FAT 2.4mm thick high quality O rings Buddy? If you can't get a seal with those fatties you need to throw away whatever your trying to install them on =)

Did you notice the knurling on the bottom of the barb to improve installed grip?

Also, I noticed on a few packages I checked that there was a faint line/smudge on the side of the compression rings where the rubber cement used to bond the layers of the foam packing tray together had not fully cured before the fittings were packaged. I just wiped them off easily with a little alcohol (the rubbing kind not the drinking stuff). Not a big deal and it was only a few packages, just wanted to mention it in case you see a faint little line of goo when you get yours. Another thing I will correct in the next batch.
    Totally get the o-ring, just most people are not use to having a choice of o-rings. They are definitely easy on the fingers for installing, unlike some other fittings I have. I didn't notice the smudge, but I will check for it, thanks for the tip. And yes, those are real o-rings, nice and fat as you said, although they do compress quite well.

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice - now where are the 7/16" ones?

Great job, luv them, but need the intermediate size...
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
    Very nice - now where are the 7/16" ones?

Great job, luv them, but need the intermediate size...
    Working on the next 2 sizes now.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great news, thanx Will grab 12-18 once you have them out!
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Great Innovation!

Now lets ensure they are not made out of some cheap ass material that will rust in 6 months time.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    Great Innovation!

Now lets ensure they are not made out of some cheap ass material that will rust in 6 months time.....
    The barb and compression rings are both machined from solid brass. No aluminum compression rings or plain steel short cuts. The wrenches ARE however stamped form steel but are chrome plated (like most stamped tools).

Shown below are how they look before they are plated.

Last edited by BoxGods; 01-21-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added pictures

Xtreme Member
    I wonder if the 90 ° fittings slows down the flow?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by M_T_M View Post
    I wonder if the 90 ° fittings slows down the flow?
    Not sure which 90 your referring to as we have not released one yet =)

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Addict
    I wouldn't comment on another companies specific product (this is a Monsoon thread) but in general yes, hard 90's will impact performance to some degree.

I am Xtreme
    Tests have shown moderate use of 90s has a minimal impact on performance. Just as in life in general, moderation is key. The max you will get with water-cooling in a normal environment with ambient. . . if you want better temps than that you have to go to other methods like phase change, DI, peltiers, etc. A couple 90s degree fittings properly placed are a reasonable exchange in performance and aesthetics.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    The barb and compression rings are both machined from solid brass. No aluminum compression rings or plain steel short cuts. The wrenches ARE however stamped form steel but are chrome plated (like most stamped tools).

Shown below are how they look before they are plated.
    Outstanding.

I am Xtreme
    I am a little confused about the Moonsoon brand name. Why is it not sold under Danger Den?

Xtreme Addict
    Danger Den is the distributor for the Monsoon D5 but is not distributing these. It is kind of the same reason I don't have a web store--no real interest in distribution whenever possible as I prefer to focus on design and manufacturing--but for the fittings I wanted to get prices as low as possible for end users so I am distributing to North American customers and will have regional/continental distributors like KOI in Australia to beat the shipping costs down by shipping in bulk. If you look at the extra machining processes that go into cutting the side windows compared to a regular knurled compression ring these are a good bit more expensive to manufacture but we still managed to get the per fitting price into the $6.50 range (in the six pack) even with the free wrench.

Short answer, Monsoon is a little tiny company so we work with trusted partner companies (like Danger Den) that have good distribution channels already in place whenever possible, or expedient.

Looks like a great product. I just ordered 2 x 6 packs of Chrome 3/8 5/8. Should be here end of week. I just saw these on the EVGA forum, and thanks to a post from a member, was pointed in this direction.
    i7 2600k @ 4.75
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3 x EVGA 580 3GB @ 921 core
    16GB Gskill Ripjaw 1600
    Crucial M4 256
    WD green 1 TB
    Corsair AX1200
    Mountain Mods U2UFO + Pedestal
    3 x Trip 120mm Rads
    1 x Double 120 Rad
    Apogee xt waterblock
    3 x DD 580 blocks
    2 x CPX-Pro Pumps

Currently working on: Project Acrylicruncher

Looks great! Will have to grab a couple of kits.

Xtreme Mentor
    Here are some pics of the blue ones I am using in my rebuild:

While the black ones probably would have fit better with the black BP fittings, I like the blue with white tubing. I didn't wipe them off before taking the pics, so the smudges that you see and what looks like defects are just where I didn't wipe off the glue from the packaging they were in. The tool comes in handy and actually works quite well for tightening the compression once you have hand tightened it. Anyway, thought some might be interested to see them installed in an actual build.

Desk Build

W/C System

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I think they did them assembly line style so one person was using rubber cement to bond the layers of the foam tray the six packs are packaged in and another person was then packaging the fittings into the assembled trays before the rubber cement had fully cured. Fortunately not a lot of them are like that and it is very easy to wipe the residue off with plain old rubbing alcohol as it is just your garden variety grade school type rubber cement. I have already addressed it and future runs should not have the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures--I know how hard it is to take good pictures of little fittings!
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Would you like some Pie?
    those look amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on some.
    Xeon W3520 @ 4.0Ghz ~ 3x 7970 ~ 12GB DDR3 ~ Dell U2711

Xtreme Member
    They sure look like regular barbs without the outer shell.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast