Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

Xtreme Addict

Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

New Monsoon compression fitting.

Machined from solid brass. Available in 10 colors/finishes--though not all resellers will carry all the colors--Chrome, Black Chrome, Matte Black, Matte White, Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, and Orange. Includes a black and a color matched UV O ring. 1/2" x 3/4" and 3/8" x 5/8" sizes to start. Sold in singles and in a value six pack with free wrench. Available soon at Performance, Frozen, and DD. Trying to get them into Australia via KOI Tech. Soon hopefully.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-19-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added colors

Xtreme Member
    These my friend, are sick. What will they retail for?
    [3960X 4.8GHz 1.35v] [32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133] [EVGA GTX 680 SLI] [ASUS RIVE] [Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB R0]
    [EK Supreme HF] [EK RIVE Full Board Kit] [Coolgate 120.3 + 120.1] [4 x Scythe GT D1225C12B5AP-15] [BitsPower Compression] [MCP655]
    [3 x Acer S231HL LED 5760 x 1080 2d Surround]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMagoo View Post
    These my friend, are sick. What will they retail for?
    Thanks!

Resellers will have their prices up shortly but they should be pretty reasonable, especially in the value six pack which includes the wrench free and extra O rings.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-18-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: grammar

d1ng0d4n
    I'll be jumping on these once they're available in AU. Have 2 friends who are doing the same. Love the look on these!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ng0d4n View Post
    I'll be jumping on these once they're available in AU. Have 2 friends who are doing the same. Love the look on these!
    Glad to hear that as I have been working very hard to try to get these to you guys on or near launch day. Just waiting to hear from KOI so we can ship.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Awesome work! Never liked eating up my fingers with knurled compressions.

d1ng0d4n
    Just send them straight to me I'll share them around *cough*

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Awesome work! Never liked eating up my fingers with knurled compressions.
    Yeah, then you feel kinda wussie if you mention it lol. After about 10 fittings it really is a PITA...or pain in the fingers I guess.

It was all I could do not to send you all the sizes and colors for pictures Martin, your pictures are so awesome. I even drafted the email lol.

d1ng0d4n
    Just having a close look at them now the awe has worn off, they don't look like they bite into the tube a lot like a Bitspower (albeit, mine spat a tube out on me last weekend). What's the compression like with the tube? Am I just not seeing it right and they do bite in some how?

Still love 'em regardless. Just scared of another tube coming loose. These have been in with the tube for nearly a year now and it's my first ever leak lol.

EDIT: By "bite in to the tube" I mean on the outside, not the barb on the inside.
    Last edited by d1ng0d4n; 01-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Awesome!! Been waiting for these. What's the ETA to retailers?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ng0d4n View Post
    Just having a close look at them now the awe has worn off, they don't look like they bite into the tube a lot like a Bitspower (albeit, mine spat a tube out on me last weekend). What's the compression like with the tube? Am I just not seeing it right and they do bite in some how?

Still love 'em regardless. Just scared of another tube coming loose. These have been in with the tube for nearly a year now and it's my first ever leak lol.

EDIT: By "bite in to the tube" I mean on the outside, not the barb on the inside.
    They clearly mark the tube (on the outside). You CAN reach in and wiggle the tube and pull them off if you pull hard enough...of course you can pull somebodies arm off if you pull hard enough (thinking of a recent episode of Grimm. Yank...whoops, my bad...sorry). We tested for 500 hours (and counting) at 4-5 times operating pressure with zero slip. We also used the most out of spec undersized tubing we could find for the testing just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Awesome!! Been waiting for these. What's the ETA to retailers?
    The resellers have them now. Just taking pictures and adding them to their sites I would guess.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-18-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling

d1ng0d4n
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    They clearly mark the tube (on the outside). You CAN reach in and wiggle the tube and pull them off if you pull hard enough...of course you can pull somebodies arm off if you pull hard enough (thinking of a recent episode of Grimm. Yank...whoops, my bad...sorry). We tested for 500 hours (and counting) at 4-5 times operating pressure with zero slip. We also used the most out of spec undersized tubing we could find for the testing just to be sure.
    Great! Cheers for the info

Xtreme Member
    why weren't these out 6 months ago when i spent $400 on all of my compression fittings? wth...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    When's the release date? I just bought 16 bitspower fittings today, but I need a bunch more, might be nice to feature something new on my build

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttcase21 View Post
    why weren't these out 6 months ago when i spent $400 on all of my compression fittings? wth...
    Right? I just spent $200 a few days ago... From one of the mentioned vendors even, fml.
    [3960X 4.8GHz 1.35v] [32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133] [EVGA GTX 680 SLI] [ASUS RIVE] [Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB R0]
    [EK Supreme HF] [EK RIVE Full Board Kit] [Coolgate 120.3 + 120.1] [4 x Scythe GT D1225C12B5AP-15] [BitsPower Compression] [MCP655]
    [3 x Acer S231HL LED 5760 x 1080 2d Surround]

Xtreme Addict
    Performance and Frozen have them now. DD should have them in a day or so.

Xtreme Guru
    First, hats off, i adore idea, realisation and resulting looks/ease of use.
    But secondly, i see big flaw in my eyes. Probably there are others like me, that would prefer for bling all the fittings used to be of same vendor & finish type. I wonder if these will ever have same big count of variants (miscellaneous rotaries, angle adapters, snakes, etc.) as BP / Koolance / Enzotech?
    P.S.
    What is fitting's own OD compared to comparable BP compression fitting (one can check for reference sidewinder's chart)? Am i right in guess that it's smaller, thus sometimes maybe easier to fit side by side at some blocks with tight placed inlets?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    First, hats off, i adore idea, realisation and resulting looks/ease of use.
    But secondly, i see big flaw in my eyes. Probably there are others like me, that would prefer for bling all the fittings used to be of same vendor & finish type. I wonder if these will ever have same big count of variants (miscellaneous rotaries, angle adapters, snakes, etc.) as BP / Koolance / Enzotech?
    P.S.
    What is fitting's own OD compared to comparable BP compression fitting (one can check for reference sidewinder's chart)? Am i right in guess that it's smaller, thus sometimes maybe easier to fit side by side at some blocks with tight placed inlets?
    I think they will match up well with most other fittings. That said we WILL be filling out the line with 90's, 45's etc. moving forward of course. Next up will be the two thin wall sizes. Then 2 other designs that also work with the patent pending free center wrenches. We are a small company so adding 20 fittings at a time (2 sizes each in 10 colors/finishes) is about the max right now. Especially with all the patent crap for the windows as that was a big expense and time suck. The line will be standardized with three different designs--one up market from the Free Center design and one down market so all three price points will be covered.

As for size, yes one of my driving goals with the design was to make these as small both physically and visually as possible. The 1/2" x 3/4" outside diameter is just 24.4mm (.96 inches) and total height is just 16mm (.63 inches) and the 3/8" x 5/8" outside diameter is just 22.1mm (.87 inches) and total height is also 16mm (.63 inches).

So short answer, yes we WILL be adding the other stuff but it will take several months, and yes these are about as small as you can reasonably get a compression fitting. Or at least as small as I could get them anyway.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-19-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: added dimensions

Technician
    These look stunning. The only questions I have are how well does the finish stand up to multiple uses of the wrench and who will be stocking these in the UK?

Awesome Fittings , is there a possibility to have them here in Italy ?

Xtreme Member
    Finally... a compression fitting that's so much easier to tighten.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Addict
    I like the concept and they look as though they'll look good but I agree with others, they appear after we've all forked out hundreds of piunds / dollars on other fittings...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Guru
    Bex: i see it as non issue, as you (& them) can simply use these in your (& their) future builds

Xtreme Member
    I'll be waiting for some 7/16" ID 5/8" OD if you sell them.

CplWolverine
    One question -- how do you deal with these compression fittings when you go to plug in the other end of the tube to another component? Doesn't this method for tightening cause the tube to spin/twist in place?

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast