Thread: Corsair Force Series 3

Xtreme Member

Post Corsair Force Series 3

Just once advice for who are looking to buy the Force 3 series from Corsair, Abort!

These drive are incapable to deliver.
    The Sandforce is pretty much there to remove the 00s out of the equation, thus leaving an real I/O @ something like 130MB/s in READ and an awful 50MB/s on WRITE.

Full story short: just bought one Corsair Force Series 3 60 GB, chipset is X58 if u ask. By the way it's minimum transfert rate ( READ ) out of the box was exactly 130 MB/s. A little disappointed, I've downloaded the firmware update 1.3.3, updated the thing and made an usb stick for erase the SSD. Got back 235MB/s.
    I tought well, nice.. I don't need to go out and replace the drive. Moved back few game directory, Crysis, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 and Metro 2033 and this is what I've found....
    READ MORE
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 01-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:
    FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage Rev.1.1 Bios P11

I get over 550M/s read and 510M/s write with ATTO
    CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz GPU: GTX 560ti 2G SLI RAM: 16G Corsair Vengeance MOBO: P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 BOX: Cosmos S Cooling: Corsair H100 SSD: Corsair 120G ForceGT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pross View Post
    I get over 550M/s read and 510M/s write with ATTO
    ATTO writes zeros.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @pross
    same

@johnw
    ATTO is the industry standard.

@xXlAinXx
    Are you using SATA III capable motherboard? Because if you're using the FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage that is in your signature, that motherboard only supports SATA II. The speeds listed on the box are for SATA III only.

Perhaps you should follow this guide before expressing your "nubcake-like" hatred. You may have better results.

Both my OCZ Vertex 3 and Corsair Force 3 GT benchmark exactly the same. You have other issues that need to be dealt with instead of blaming Corsair.
    Last edited by 3lfk1ng; 01-18-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    lol where did you get that from? It’s a benchmark that shows SF drives in the best possible light by writing nothing but zeros that can be easily compressed. I guess you could say it is the standard that the marketing companies use to sell their SF based SSD’s, but that does not make it an industry standard. The only industry standard for performance testing can be found on SNIA’s web site.

Non compressible (real world) data on a small capacity SF drive = performance that sucks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
    I guess you could say it is the standard that the marketing companies use
    Yes. Industry wide, the speed of SSD's are tested using ATTO and those are the specifications you will find on each box.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2

Xtreme Mentor
    Yes. Industry wide, the speed of SSD's are tested using ATTO and those are the specifications you will find on each box.
    Nah, they just use whatever gives the best result

OCZ mix and match benchmarks to squeeze out the best possible performance combination.

For the Octane

• Maximum sequential [Read] speeds are determined using ATTO,
    • Maximum [sequential] Write Speeds are determined using Crystal Disk Mark
    • Small file I/O performance is measured using Crystal Disk Mark, QD32

For the Vertex 3 OCZ also use two different benchmarks for compressible data and AS-SSD for non-compressible data:

• Maximum Sequential Speeds are determined using ATTO
    • Small file I/O performance is measured using Iometer2008, Queue Depth 32, 4KB Aligned; Logical Block Address (LBA) range: 85% of total drive capacity
    • Small file I/O performance is measured using Iometer2008, Queue Depth 32, 4KB Aligned; Logical Block Address (LBA) range: 8GB
    • Incompressible data performance is measured using AS-SSD; 64 thread for 4K specs

ATTO was great for the Core drives as it hid poor random write performance and highlighted sequential performance. It went out of fashion when the Vertex 1 came out and then it came back into fashion with the Vertex 3 due the fact that it writes zeros.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Learn something new everyday.

Xtreme Member

@xXlAinXx

Perhaps you should follow this guide before expressing your "nubcake-like" hatred. You may have better results.

Both my OCZ Vertex 3 and Corsair Force 3 GT benchmark exactly the same. You have other issues that need to be dealt with instead of blaming Corsair.
    I don't own that crapforce device anymore.. and to be honest, I was as much polite as possible.
    By the way, from an SSD with at least 15% free space and trought 2.4 Gbit/s port; I'm expecting this:

EMPTY drive non OS

IN USE 75% (incompressible data) drive non OS ( if you can't see )

EOF
    Last edited by xXlAinXx; 01-19-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: whops!
    Know Your Enemy

Working on:
    FOXCONN Quantum Force Blood Rage Rev.1.1 Bios P11

Xtreme Guru
    ATTO is like any bench, best used in tandem with many OTHER benches

ATTO for SF is definitely going to show its better side. Run ASU with incompressible data to see the other side, or AS SSD
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!