Some of you guys might of heard of Touchbuddy.
I got it working on my iPad to use virtual pit touchscreen controls in IL2 CoD (and IL2 1946 too!) with Air Display.
It even works as an auxiliary extended monitor with nvidia surround or AMD Eyefinity running! Position it where ever you want around the edge of the main surround/eyefinity extended screen and it automatically changes orientation from landscape to portrait.
Touch screen use is limited to certain games as some dont allow mouse use outside the game window, but you can still display whatever you want on the 1024x768 ipad screen.
A nice guy called Buccaneer has already created a profile for a hurricane for CoD. Im going to try adapt it for the spit!
If your into flight Sims there are a number of profiles for different Sims already setup for touchbuddy and you can even have working gauges with some games like IL2 1946 using UDPSPEED and Devicelink.
There is a list of supported games over at touchbuddy! (not just flight sims!)
You can also use it to drag system monitoring windows/tools and the like while you benchmark or game.
I think im the first person to combine touchbuddy with Air Display for auxiliary game controls.
You can control the following with the profile for Cliffs of Dover. (room to add a lot more too!)
Touch Screen Controls for IL2 Cliffs of Dover
pressure head heat
Directional Giro Decrease
Directional Giro Increase
Course Setter Increase
Course Setter Decrease
Detailed Map of the Channel
What you will need if you want attempt this is;
1. iPad 1 or 2 (or iphone/ipod touch too - less resolution to play with obviously and you'll need to make your own screens)
2. Air Display for iPad by Avatron from the app store. (Its a bit expensive for an iPad App at $10 but it has so many more uses than just for gaming!
3. Air Display for PC from ipad.avatron.com
4. Wireless network at home
5. Touch buddy from > http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/lo...ks.php?catid=1
6. CoD Profile from touchbuddy forum > http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/lo...N&pp=10&page=2
7. Optional! Touchbuddy toolkit 1.3.4 > http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/lo...N&pp=10&page=2
A couple tips.
You'll have to map the CoD keys to match the CoD profile in the readme.
You'll also need to change mouseuse=2 to mouseuse=1 in the conf.ini in your 1C softclub directory for the touch screen to work while in the game!
Ill take a video in the next couple days of it in action.