Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech's new products for 2012

Xtreme Mentor
    Cmon Stephen, quit teasing. We know you have the products right next to you, just break out the camera and take some individual pics of them not installed, front and back, top and bottom, etc.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Really loving the fans, can't wait to get ahold of them! just hope that they'll be available for the EU within a reasonable time after release.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Cmon Stephen, quit teasing. We know you have the products right next to you, just break out the camera and take some individual pics of them not installed, front and back, top and bottom, etc.
    Ahah technically, I only have a few fans and the Maelstrom bay res (which is installed in my workstation), everything else has not come back from CES yet oh and the production of MCP35X2 which is waiting on the official release next week :winkwink:

Xtreme Addict
    Do pumps mount directly onto the maelstrom bayres?
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Any ETA on the fans..

Xtreme Member
    Depends what you call "pumps" (motor only or motor + top)
    Practically you don't just install the motor but the whole pump + top assembly. MCP35X (or MCP35X2) installs directly at the bottom of the Maelstrom.
    It has the advantage of being compatible with one or two pumps without having to "plug" the unused pump.
    It also has the advantage of being more cost effective than competitive pump/bay res combo (provided you already own a MCP35X or MCP35X2 and want to upgrade to a bay res - then you won't be paying for a bunch of stuff you already own).
    It can work "alone" without pump - for example if you're running an Apogee Drive II and don't need a second pump.
    Lastly it is virtually compatible with tops from the competition

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Any ETA on the fans..
    Early February.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I have 2 DDC's at the moment and that's why I was wondering if we mounted the pump without top to the bayres.

But if we don't, I don't see how my stock topped DDCs will mount.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Member
    Well it will be sold with different packages:
    * Alone (no top no pump - for those who own a MCP35X or MCP35X2 or virtually any DDC with aftermarket top and compatibility is not guarantied for now)
    * Reservoir + MCP35X2 top (no pump - for those who like you have a pair of DDC's with Laing top)
    * Reservoir + MCP35X2 pumps (with 2 MCP35X's - for those who want the complete package)
    we are likely to also offer reservoir + MCP35X top (no pump) and reservoir + MCP35X (1 pump)...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Are 35X tops compatible with the older DDC's? Getting the res and using it with my 18W DDC would make my loop simpler if I didn't need tubing from res to pump...

If I understand correctly, the res doesn't have the top built-in like other manufacturers'?

Can the LED be removed from the ApogeeDrive 2? If not, no big deal... LEDs just aren't my thing and none of the cases I'm looking to buy have windows so...

Xtreme Member
    Hey stephen another question, what bundles will be available for the dual ddc top? I dont own any pump so was expecting a bundle including 2 DDC and the dual top....

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    Are 35X tops compatible with the older DDC's? Getting the res and using it with my 18W DDC would make my loop simpler if I didn't need tubing from res to pump...

If I understand correctly, the res doesn't have the top built-in like other manufacturers'?

Can the LED be removed from the ApogeeDrive 2? If not, no big deal... LEDs just aren't my thing and none of the cases I'm looking to buy have windows so...
    All current model DDC tops are compatible with all DDC pumps. The only forward incompatibily is some reservoir tops require cutting the feet off the sides. Also some older DDC 1 or DDC 2 tops had an inlet port that hung down below the ceiling that is incompatible with the newer DDC 3 series pumps.

The only real physical change over the years is the impeller inlet hole got smaller with DDC3. Everything else regarding top compatibility remains much the same.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoMBrA View Post
    Hey stephen another question, what bundles will be available for the dual ddc top? I dont own any pump so was expecting a bundle including 2 DDC and the dual top....
    yes MCP35X2 will sold with and without pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Any chance of universal mosfet blocks or ones for Z68 boards?
    Seconded Would love to get my hands on some mosfet/vrm only blocks for graphics cards.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Btw will the MCP dual top be sold separately ?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    Btw will the MCP dual top be sold separately ?
    Check a few posts up.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

What are the dimensions for an Apogee Drive II block? I guess the pump makes it a pretty tall block?

Xtreme Member
    Not enough loving for the thermal paste haha, is it going to be diamond and / or silver based? Any more technical details you can spare on this?

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Addict
    Really digging the Apogee Drive II
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Crunching for Poppabear
    Too bad the compression fittings are not offered in 7/16 id. I would be all over those.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Too bad the compression fittings are not offered in 7/16 id. I would be all over those.
    Well, seeing the ApogeeDriveII comes with G1/4" fittings, no reason why you cannot fit at least 1/2" barbs, which will take 7/16" tubing. I use 7/16" tubing, and this will work really well on my setup. Cannot wait to get my hands on at least 2 of these for now
    Last edited by MrBean; 04-26-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Addict
    I'm looking forward to the fans coming out to, especially given that the Gentle Typhoons constantly stay out of stock. Very good idea. I'll also like to see Bitspower get some real competition.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm interested in the TIM as well. I've got a new experimental I'd like to put it against here in the lab. I've a feeling this new one would be a real showstopper if it weren't for price (bulk pyrolytic graphite, nuff said.) I'd love to see what you guys have come up with.

It's always good to see people trying to make an existing product better. And, as above BitsPower needed some competition.

Apogee Drive II looks good, Maelstrom looks good.

Radiators - at least for me, potentially epic failure. Two reasons. Firstly, whilst it is nice to have 140mm radiators, many of the newer cases have 180 or even 200 mm fans - currently there are exactly 2 radiators that can cope with 180mm or 200mm fans. Consider that a 200mm radiator has 40,000mm2 surface area whereas a 2x140mm radiator has 39,200 mm2. Secondly (and to be fair this is not clear on the pictures) there appears to be only 2 G1/4 sockets (maybe 3 if you produce a QP-res version) personally I think this is poor design and there should be 4 sockets (both sides for thin radiators or top and side if space) and for thick radiators 6 (both sides and top) to allow for flexible mounting options and in some cases an optional reservoir attachment

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast