Thread: Mach One like.

Threaded View

I am Xtreme

Mach One like.

Well first of all, happy 2012 and hope everyone is OK!?

The latest speaker Project is a set of speakers that started out as Realistic/Radio Shake Mach One parts. The parts included the Tweeter Horn X 2, the Mid Range Horns x 2 and 2 Crossovers. Planning to port them so I passed on Getting the same woofers. Took me about 3 months but I got the parts and tested them on the table top. I chose some cheap 15" woofers a couple of others had sworn by, they stunk, more on that later. Instead of the Radio Shack version, I used the rheostats from my old Pioneers.

I could swear that everything worked. Woofers seemed weak, ok, no biggie only paid 50 buck for them.

So I started cutting the wood.

The Mid-Range horn was the only thing difficult to mount. The Teeter horn's Lens and Driver separated so it was easy as well.

The boards were pre-cut on a friend's much-better-than-mine Table Saw. No math was done on the enclosure but two of US just guessed and I took advice on what Port to use. PE had the Port tube on sale just, my luck. We just thought what the Mach One would be liked if they were ported instead.

I like this Krieg Tool thing for Pocket cuts.

[IMG]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr245/Donnie27_photos/Speaker%20Building%20and%20repair/Mach%20One%20Like
    /DSCN1693.jpg[/IMG]

The horn and port tube on one of the speakers. The Top part is 45 degrees and the bottom sides are straight down. The back is screwed on since I access to the MR Horn if needed.

Last edited by Donnie27; 01-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!