Thread: sata 3 pcie XP install ?

Xtreme Member

sata 3 pcie XP install ?

hi : )

I have 2 partitions of XP on my main wd hdd. (both are set up and work very well)
    I have just ordered a vertex 3 SSD and am looking to clone the two xp partitions to it.

I will be using a PCie sata card ( ASRock sata3 card) on my old gigabyte x38, i have this card working fine at the moment to test it with an additional Western digital sata3 HD, it works great.

So i wonder, if i wish to use the SSD with the pcie card at boot up, will I need to do a clean XP reinstall? Because I remember there is an option to hit f6 to install additional sata drivers during xp setup, the asrock has sata drivers on its download page ( I do not need raid or ahci i just need IDE as there are reports that the vertex 3 works better in IDE mode with XP.

http://asrock.com/mb/spec/card.fr.as...d&cat=Download

would i need to hit f6 and use "Marvell SATA3.0 Floppy Image ver:1.2.0.1014" at the xp install or could i just clone the OS's (which are already set as IDE) over to a newly partitioned SSD using norton ghost on XP? maybe I could just install the drivers into xp before i clone :?

Thanks for your help. : )
    Last edited by freqy; 01-06-2012 at 08:14 PM.