Thread: Project conceptmod

Xtreme Member

Project conceptmod

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time reader but this is my second project posted here. My old project was dreampc and I didn't like it at all for some personal reasons and now I'm here, working in a new project but in the same case, corsair obsidian 800D. In this forum there are a lot of real artists so hope you like my project

Sponsors:

I would like to give a big thanks to Ricardo from Coldzero (www.coldzero.eu):

Coldzero will cut with laser all my designs and to ProfesionalReview (http://profesionalreview.com):

A spanish review web and who will give to me some surprise items

Hardware:

-Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2 GHz

-Asus Rampage III Extreme

-2 way SLI: Point Of View GTX 480 + EVGA GTX 480

-Corsair Dominator Airflow II 6Gb (3x2048) PC3-15000(1866Mhz) - CL9

-Corsair HX850

-Seagate Barracuda 500GB

It's not really new hardware but I'm poor and can't purchase new gen. hardware and still saving money for the SSD .

Watercooling stuff:

-Ek supreme HF Full nickel + Easy Mount system (black)

-Aquacomputer Aquagrafx gtx 480 nickel:

-Ek-FB RE3 - Acetal+Nickel

-Black Ice SR1 480

-Black Ice SR1 240

-Swiftech mcp 655 (x2) + Ek D5 dual top (single loop) White Acetal

-Fatboy fittings of 13 mm OD

-TFC Connector Fill/Drain Port

-Scythe gentle typhoon AP-15 (1850 rpm) (x4)

-Scythe gentle typhoon 3000rpm (x2)

-Ek RAM Dominator EN nickel + acrylic.

-4x120mm Fan Radiator Shroud, Black

Purpose:
    I decided to start a new project instead of ending my old one because some one told to me that with "my knock-off build I was openly stealing the work from murdermod" so I decided to start a new project with my own ideas and making a reset.

Design:
    As like the old project, I work with CAD software, mainly Autocad and a solidworks and about this last one, I know just a little bit of how to use it, but I know the enough for doing what I need .

This time, the design is going to be simple, combining the matte-black color (mainly) plus the blue color and a little of white in some little details!

An example of design type about what i'm going to do:

The main pieces are:
    Motherboard Tray Plate:
    This plate is a plate that covers the free zone near the motherboard and this is the design:

And I want to highlight this little plates:

Why alot of holes? because in each hole I will pass one sleeved cable so the final result of all the cables passed is like a spider structure (very aesthetic in my mind, hope I will get a good result!). In every hole there are a little "ring" wich will be illuminated so the contrast with the black cable will be awesome! This plates correspond to the 24 pins plate and the GPU power cable plates.

Custom backplate:
    Nowadays there are a lot of mod with Waterblocks + backplate combination build but I wanted to try to be different to other people so decided to design my own backplate:

It's simple, full matte-black plate + the gpu model letters. In real it's a double backplate, one black and one blue. All the blue parts, like the mb tray plate will be illuminated with SMD leds directly connected to the GPU fan connector !

Last week I found a really good offer of a gtx 480 for 200€, so I decided to buy one and this is it:

wich will be configured to SLI with my old POV GTX 480 with aquacomputer waterblock:

So there will be 2 custom backplates for each GPU and the two backplates illuminated too.

By now, that's all the pieces that I have already done! for the next days I will post the custom midplate and probably the full faceplate.

All this pieces are designed by my own but will be made with laser cutting tech.
    Last edited by ying; 04-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Xtreme Member
    The render for that backplate looks pretty sweet. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Project Turambar: Corsair Obsidian 800D Liquid Cooled Dual Loop System

Corsair 800D ~ EVGA X58 Classified W/C EK-FB EVGA X58 Full Board Block ~ Intel i7 Core 970 @ 4.2Ghz W/C Swiftech APOGEE-XT Extreme
    12GB Corsair Dominator @ 1600MHz ~ Corsiar HX1000 ~ EVGA GTX 580 Hydro Copper (x2) SLI ~ EVGA 9800GT (PhysX)
    SSD(OS) Intel X-25m 160GB ~ HDD(User Files) Segate 500GB ~ HDD(Game Installs) Samsung Spinpoint F4 1TB ~ HDD(Storage) Seagate 2TB
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ~ Dell Ultrasharp [ 20"][ 24"][ 20" ]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Armageddon View Post
    The render for that backplate looks pretty sweet. Looking forward to seeing more.
    yeah! Hope the final result will be similar to the renders

This project it's a challange because it's the first time I make something like this and with leds ...

Now i'm working in a midplate !

Xtreme Member
    Those renders are made by Patuga from coldzero not yourself everyone in Portugal knows his work, and your still doing a similar modd to the older one, this aint gona get you more people watching

If you want people attention think outside the box, not the same things we seen already several times specialy in Portugal, he´s done a lot of work in the 800d´s.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Those renders are made by Patuga from coldzero not yourself everyone in Portugal knows his work, and your still doing a similar modd to the older one,
    LoL do you really think that? if you doesn't believe me just contact with him! This renders are made by me! can't believe what i'm seeing... I designed every pieces by myself in aesthetics terms, I wasted a lot of hours designing all this pieces in the autocad and then, rendered in the Solidworks with photoview 360, after that, I send the items to coldzero and they cut every pieces in laser. It's true that in some of the things I had got the help of Coldzero, but this doesn't means that it's rendered by him and designed by him...

still doing a similar modd to the older one, this aint gona get you more people watching
    I don't know if you know why I started a new project, I didn't end the old project for some reason similar to your comment, I don't search more people watching, I just share my project with other users and still doing like that because I enjoy designing my PC by PC, with CAD software.

If you want people attention think outside the box, not the same things we seen already several times specialy in Portugal, he´s done a lot of work in the 800d´s.
    I recognize his work, he is an artist and thanks for the advice, but this is how I do the things. I'm not an expert modder, but I think that a MOD is for enjoying doing it and using it, not for being something for showing to other people.

Thanks for commenting! next time probably will be different but by now, I will follow designing and rendering everything by myself .
    Last edited by ying; 04-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi! I have been very busy this days and had not time to start modding the case but I have got a lot of new cad designs. Today I have made a video showing the process for design my pieces, in this case a fan grill:

Recommend to see the video in 1080P

Xtreme Member

Pictures of the first cutted pieces: the two backplates for my two gtx 480 in SLI config. The backplates are made specially for the aquacomputer gtx 480 waterblock:

The backplates:

Xtreme Member
    The backplate in action:

SMD leds:

A backplate specially made for the Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard:

And my next step:

ROG logo with blue leds !

Xtreme Member

Custom valve system:

When not using it:

When I need it:

Animation:

Pump Station:

In the past I used to mount the Dual D5 Top in horizontal with the EK reservoir combo but the space that this occupies was extremly large so I decided to mount the pumps with silentblock and screw them directly to the case. This system makes the pump quieter and occupies much less space:

But one of the problem when mounting the EK dual top with the pumps in vertical is that there aren't space for the reservoir combo from EK so I decided to use a fillport:

Custom Midplate:

Render:

Real life midplate

And now, let's show the PC with all the watercooling stuff working!: