Thread: Asus G73 fan speed and TDP

Xtreme Addict

Asus G73 fan speed and TDP

I'm wondering if there is any way to regulate fan speeds on my shiny new laptop? Speedfan isn't cutting it..

Also, is there any way to increase TDP limits of an 2630QM while in Windows?! 45 watts isn't quite enough, the cooling system of this lappy could take more.

Help is much appreciated.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

For TDP - checkout ThrottleStop, here is a little guide to it: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hard...top-guide.html - you can easily raise the TDP with it, I'm fairly confident it works with your CPU. As far as fan control...let me know when you find something that does

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for your reply! I forgot to mention that ThrottleStop does not work with my 2630QM (disabling TDP limit doesn't), but at least I can see that the processor isn't throttling, it stays in C0 100% of the time, tries to stay within the 45w TDP nonetheless. Short spikes go up to ~50w the it goes one multi down to stay within spec. I know it's BIOS related, but is there no way to circumvent this?

The GTX460m in there goes up to 830c/1550m though..

Update: I fired up HWInfo, which tells me that short and long duration TDP limit isn't locked. So how to change it?!
    Last edited by p2501; 01-06-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!