Thread: Help me choose a USB audio interface for my small studio setup

Help me choose a USB audio interface for my small studio setup

Hey guys i love music and sometimes i mess around and record some beats ( i try ) lol . Problem is that i have that stupid problem with my Xonar Essence STX soundcard that i can not fix . So i am looking to try out a nice real audio interface from my setup . I am current running 2 monitors and 1 sub . I know of some brands such a Presonus , Mackie , Behringer , M-audio , and Focusrite offer some decent interfaces but i have never used one before and have no experience with one . So i need something that will work with my setup and provide clean sounds and easy to setup/use . Anything you guys can recommend ?

I am running this setup on Win7 64bit.
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Addict
    Behringer is a good home solution, but has always been laughed at where I have done sound. Not for professionals but good for home
    Presonus isnt very high end either, but you cant beat their ACP88 when you need a ton of compressor channels with all options for as cheap as possible. They would be more classified as home stuff too and not serious studio.
    M-Audio is also home studio but I have seen a couple artists bring something in from them since they like using their stuff even though its worse than what the studio owns
    Focusrite is probably the best of those listed but still not in the really high end stuff.
    Mackie is terrible crap that no one should use and is living off their good name from many years ago and large bank account. They are like the EA of the audio world.

So pretty much any of those but Mackie is what Id recommend for you. Probably M-Audio as many people who like to mess around at home go that route and it works out well.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Thanks Enigma ! Ya im not pro by any means , this will be purely for my own pleasure . I am going to pick up the M -Audio C400 , looks like a nice piece and has gotten some great reviews.
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz