Thread: Need a NEW soundcard for my computer please ?

Need a NEW soundcard for my computer please ?

Hey guys currently i am running the Xonar Essence STX and the problem i have with it is the loud popping sound that it likes to do. I am on win7 64bit drivers all up to date, i have everything working fine and nothing it touching anything . i had this problem when i first got the card , and now since im really into music and built up a small little audio studio i cant stand the popping noise when listening to mixes or conducting beats.

Is there another card out there i can use within a normal price range ? What can you guys recommend.
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Member
    Well, never heard of such problem with STX sound card. Think you should try to RMA it, looks like something's not working properly there. But if you insist on getting a new one, check TerraTec, M-Audio (more pro oriented spund cards), Auzentech (more consumer oreinted) websites and their prices. Asus gives best bang for the buck with their range of sound cards as far as I know...

Well basically if I am playing a video on YouTube right, press pause and then hit play again I get a loud pop sound come thru my speakers . It does this with anything sound related and I don't want to ruin my speakers as they are not cheap at all . Lots of threads came up about this issue if you google it , might be a problem with the drivers and asus has not done anything about it unfort.. :/
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz