Thread: Cosmos II (Liquid Edition)

Xtreme Addict

Cosmos II (Liquid Edition)

Well the clock ticked and its January 3rd which means only one thing..........the release of Cosmos II

I know everyone just wants to see pictures of the Cosmos II but if i could just add a few words - I was lucky enough to get one of the first here in the UK from Coolermaster to have a play with and although i could go through a whole list of features i’ve decided to leave that to the review guys who will do a far better job than i could and no doubt there will be a whole rake of them flooding the interweb before long so thought i’d just show a few pictures of the build.

Oh, one thing i will say though, this thing is huge, here is mine parked next to a previous Cosmos S mod for comparison though given its size i think a few will be a tad disappointed that according to the manual, it can only accommodate two 240 radiators (one in the base and one in the roof) which simply isn’t enough in my opinion for a case this size which is why mine now has two 240’s in the base and a 480 in the roof.

I had hoped the first of the dual LGA2011 CPU boards might have coincided with the Cosmos II release but they are still a little way off yet so decided to use the SR-2 system from a previous mod for the time being as i tried an X79 ATX board in there and it honestly looked like a little micro board and wouldn’t of done the case justice to be honest.

Anyway, here’s my little addition to the Cosmos II release.

System Spec:
    Cosmos II (Liquid Edition)
    EVGA SR-2 Motherboard
    Intel X5650 CPU’s
    EVGA Hydro Copper GTX 480 GPU’s
    Memory – can’t mention that yet
    Kingston 64GB V+ SSD’s Raid 0
    Coolermaster 1200w Real Power Pro PSU
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Blocks
    XSPC EX 480 and 2x EX 240 Radiators
    Phobya Nano-G Fans
    MIPs Motherboard Block
    Koolance RP-450x2
    Laing D5 Pumps x2
    Bitspower Black Fittings

Not wanting to bore anyone to death but just to mention a couple of things - to get a 480 radiator in the roof i had to do a little surgery to the chassis and also added vents to the sliding top thingy which hides the buttons and houses the fan controller PCB to let the air in to the radiator.

The fan controller PCB connects to the buttons via a 6 centimetre ribbon cable so i had a hunt around and found some 22 centimetre ones in a US store so i could mount the PCB out of view on the back side of the 5.25 drive cage.

I also added a matching curved plexi window to the sliding thing at the front which was meant to show the bay res shining through the red liquid but i think i used too dark window film LMAO, so i need to find some lighter or take it off all together but i like the way the black matches the case for the time being.

Its also worth mentioning that due to the motherboard locating so close to the ceiling of the chassis, you can also only use a slim radiator like the XSPC EX series as anything thicker will hit the motherboard and those hoping to run push/pull, forget it.

I am Xtreme
    Looks pretty damn snazzy.

Are you using the stock motherboard tray for the SR-2?

Xtreme Member
    Hell, I was to busy looking at the case and details to notice theres a SR-2 in there. Probably should of read the description at the top too.
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

the fact that you can't fit thick rads in a case with this size and price is..... simply absurd.

BIG fail for CM....
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I find it amazing that you can take a case, modify the heck out of it, and keep the design changes so perfectly in-line with the original design it still looks stock, as if it was originally designed like that. That's skill right there
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
    I find it amazing that you can take a case, modify the heck out of it, and keep the design changes so perfectly in-line with the original design it still looks stock, as if it was originally designed like that. That's skill right there
    WOW, what an awesome thing to say as that is the very thing i've been trying to do for years.........cheers defect, that means a hell of a lot for sure

Xtreme Member
    nice rig the coolmiester... as always should i say!
    could you give us more picture of the inside please?

doctor pepper's desk
    EVGA P55 FTW | i5 650 @ 4GHz | 4Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 XMS3 | XFX 4870 1Gb | Corsair X32 | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 320Go | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | Samsung P2450H | Microsoft Laser Desktop 7000 | JBL Spyro Black
    AirCooling: Prolimatech Mega Shadow | Xigmatek Bifrost | Fractal Design SATA Cluster Box | Fractal Design 2x120mm, 2x140mm and 1x92mm

Cosmos-S
    Foxconn BloodRage Rev1.1 Bios P07 | i7 920 D0 @ 4,629GHz max & 4,3GHz stable | 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 | XFX 5870 | Sonar X-Fi | Intel X25-M 80 Go PostVille | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 1To | Corsair HX620W | CoolerMaster Cosmos S | Samsung T240 | Logitech MX-5500 & Z-2300
    Watercooling: Laing DDC + plexi top and tank | CPU - HK 1366 rev 3.0 LT | GPU - EK Water Blocks EK FC5870 V2 - Acétal Nickel | MB - Foxconn's original | HDD - HK SilentStar HD-Single rev 2.0 | radiator - 3x120mm | tubing - High Flex 10/16mm | red PrimoChill ICE coolant

NooB MOD
    If that's modded you did one hell of a job. It looks stock to me
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Addict
    Oh so that's where you've been hiding your head in! :P

Which reminds me, I may need your helpw ith something at some point...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Oh so that's where you've been hiding your head in! :P

Which reminds me, I may need your helpw ith something at some point...
    Sure Bex, soon as i get back from CES, i'm all ears - if i remember correct you were going to run something by me at one of the i series though i might need a refresher but i'll help the best i can, if i can

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good job, Coolmiester, very well executed Just luv the combo of the red vs black, I was pretty jealous of your previous setup with this SR-2 hardware.

If you wanted to, you could always fabricate a new top-plate, and offset a thicker rad to the one side of the case, I guess it should fit well....anyway, a decent 480mm quad, combined with a 240 at the bottom, would sufficiently cool your system, even overclocked, so more raddage would be a total waste.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Amazing work, coolmiester. You've really been on a roll lately, and I agree your SR-2 Stacker was super nice too.

Xtreme Addict
    Well i’m back from CES slightly worse for wear but still in one piece......just

Kingston announced their new HyperX Limited Edition Red DDR3 memory which they had shipped over early especially for this mod so a massive thanks to them and i guess its safe to show a few side view pictures now

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Another beautiful build! Great work CM.