Thread: IPS Panels E-IPS vs AH-IPS

IPS Panels E-IPS vs AH-IPS

Does anybody know which IPS panel is the better of these 2; E-ips and AH-IPS . I have 2 monitors sitting here and I can't make up my mind which one to keep. The Dell S2740l [AH-IPS] has 1920 x1080 and looks awesome in all respects with no ghosting or backlight bleed or pixel issues in games or multimedia but has a glossy finish that will make your eyes burn and has 7ms g2g response time. The Dell U2412m [E-IPS]also looks great all around, with no ghosting but with a slight bit of backlight bleed and no pixel issues with a matte finish and 1920 x 1200 resolution, also an 8ms g2g response time. I've been trying all types of apps and games with both of these and can't make up my mind which one to keep. Both retail around $300.00 but I can only keep one. I figured I would keep the one with the best panel but I can't find any info on which one is better. .I'm open to any suggestions or opinions. Which one is better? Or should I get something completely different? I've kind of avoided Asus because of their pixel return policy and either one of the two I have can be returned no questions asked [Costco & BestBuy]. Any input here would be appreciated.
    Current Rig
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3
    Intel Core I7 2600k @4.2ghz
    16G G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    His Radeon HD6870
    OCZ Agility 3 128gb SSD
    WD 1TB Sata3
    NZXT Tempest Case
    Corsair 800w PS
    Windows 8 Pro x64

they are both made by LG, the AH is the newest one base on super ips, the e-ips is the older one that uses twisted square pixels so there is less bleed and better diagonal viewing angles.

|

asus uses the same LG panels as every one else, they also have the 5 pixel or group rule for returns, but not all stores have that policy and they are all tested before they go out so unless you buy an OEM the asus should be perfect with no dead or stuck pixels.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 01-24-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi