I keep seeing in threads people referencing/talking about how some EK nickel plated blocks are flaking. I searched for "flake" in this forum and didn't come up with much concerning that, so pardon my I-haven't-been-to-XS-in-a-year noobness.

I've got the older style EK Supreme HF (the one that bolts together from the top), nickel/acetal and after tearing my loop apart for the first time in a year, I decided to take my block apart. It's the first time I've taken everything apart since I put the loop together a year ago. The block was purchased new a year ago from P-PCs I believe. I'm going to dig up my receipts or see if I can get an order history or something... anyway...

I took the block apart because I noticed some yellowish gunk in one of my Bistpower compression fittings. There was nothing in my reservoir, and only the outlet fitting from the CPU block has this gunk in it. It looks like the ID of the fitting is nicked/dinged and there's a yellowish buildup there. I'm not going to call it corrosion (even with a question mark after it) because I don't want to start any hysteria.

I took the block apart, and was somewhat disappointed. On the sides supporting the jet plate, there appears to be some purple-ish discoloration and in the middle, there's an orange streak. Pardon my cell phone picture... it's all I've got. Keep in mind this is a nickel block, run with Bitspower compression fittings, a HW Labs Black Ice GTX 240, Swifty microres, 355 with XSPC top, and white Primoflex LRT tubing. I used pure, straight-from-the-jug distilled water, no additives, no biocide, no silver coils. Distilled only.

Can someone tell me what this is and what I should do? I read on EK's site that they warrant products for 2 years to the original purchaser with proof of purchase, but I don't know if this is a warranty claim.

I'd post the image with tags, but for some reason when I try to resize it on photobucket, the full size picture shows up here. Sorry guys.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...c/IMAG0584.jpg

Thanks guys.