Thread: Need some help on cooling loads

Need some help on cooling loads

guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows a rul of thumb on the wattage a radiator can cool. i found on 2 sites that a 360 could remove 100 to 300 watts of heat depending on fan speed. has anyone see anything else? that tells this??

if this is true then 1 120 single would be 33 to 100 and 240 rad would be 66 to 200. but would like to know if anyone knows anything different for sure???

guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows a rule of thumb on the wattage a radiator can cool. i found on 2 sites that a 360 could remove 100 to 300 watts of heat depending on fan speed. has anyone see anything else? that tells this??

if this is true then 1 120 single would be 33 to 100 and 240 rad would be 66 to 200. but would like to know if anyone knows anything different for sure???

Xtreme Member
    I suggest reading this by Conumdrum: http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/ and this by Skinnee: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...s-V2&p=4101259 for reference.

Try to understand the delta T between air and water. Then look carefully at the tables and graphs from Skinnee Labs including the tables with the C/W Values. 100 to 300 Watts on an "average" radiator can range from a comfortable fan volume to extremely loud or the difference between joy and pain. So although that rule of thumb has some merit, the huge Wattage spread underscores the dramatic difference that fan speed (radiator ventilation) and radiator choice can make. That's my opinion. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Corsair 850 tx psu; Dell 27" monitor
    XSPC rx rads; Apogee xt2; gtx680+Heatkiller fc; mcp655's in EK-D5 top
    distilled water + silver in MasterKleer 7/16" ID on 1/2" barbs & compressions