Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: GIGABYTE's mobo X79-UD3 happens self-ignition and burning!

i have Fired 2 motherboards my self, quite sure both was due to OCP or OTP (90c ish) failed to operate the VRM like what happened on the UD3 mobo, blow out one of the VRMs, if not all x58 and higher motherboards have temp sensors to protect from this but it seems like it was not active (aka why the BIOS update will fix the issue so the OCP / OTP works)

admitiy one was an asrock supercomputer motherboard X58 (or the next one down from that) that was my fail as i had no active cooling on the VRM heatsink i had that board for 45 mins before destroying it lol (hay it was stable 3.9ghz overclock for 2 mins before an VRM melted that was an prime test that did it as well)

UD7 has more VRMs so load is lower and not as Likely to overheat and burn out , not checked but i guess they are all connected via heat pipes as well

what you have learnt here is that you should have active cooling on the VRMs when overclocking (More so on the x78 as they like to get bit tosty) or even if your not just make sure they are not getting to hot even at none overclocked speeds

Xtreme Legend
    There is no recall what are you talking about.

Here is what happens when you run 5.5GHz with 1.68v wPrime on X79-UD7

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?p=145651
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345