Page 87 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3567

Thread: Kepler Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoferr View Post
    Well, end of discussion from me. I made my point clear and we just have different opinions here. What matters to me, doesnt matter to you.

Overall im happy about 500$ price tag. That should make the card i want cheaper too perhaps. Thats 7870, what im hoping to get soon.
    You're welcome to your opinion, I just feel that it's based on faulty logic, . Regardless, I of course wish you the most enjoyment out of whatever you choose to buy. Clearly as you said there's a difference of opinion that isn't going to be swayed, so ending it here works for me.

Thats wrong again. Min fps above 35 is what makes my gaming experience acceptable. Everything above it is not important since human eye can not tell the difference while using IPS screens like i do. Average fps is completely useless stat for me.
    Minimum FPS IS important (most important aspect to me there is)--but, you can't merely go by the number alone. There's been several games where there's split second skips when entering new areas, and that ends up the minimum number; without seeing the performance over time minimum is just another digit on the board. Especially since, yes, sometimes that dip is a different number from one vendor to another (but neither one actually effects the game).
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    So a card that dips to 20 fps once but is above 40 otherwise is worse than a card that dips to 35 often? You need to do some sort of "average time spent below x fps" analysis to get the true minimum.
    Wait for Techreport's review. It'll show 99th percentile frame times, that should paint a fairly accurate picture.
    Last edited by zalbard; 03-22-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Im not even going to make counter argument to this . You are just so wrong and i think you know it.
    Actually I'm not. Let me show you.

Here is a short run through BF3 with my system, the min fps is 10, average is 35 and max is 74.

Y axis is render time in ms and x axis is render time. The largest spike is around 96ms which is an instantaneous fps of about 10. Now there are very few times when the fps is this low and while it is annoying it doesn't really constitute a tangible degrading of an experience because these small small fps are such a small percentage of the overall experience.

Now let's look at a boxplot with a 1.5 IQR whisker length:

Now this is painting an interesting picture of what is going on. We can already see we have an enormous amount of outliers in the data (roughly 10% of all frames are outliers by this definition) but we can see that near the top where our min fps is, there is a very, very low concentration of frames there, so small that it's insignificant compared the clumpings from 35-50ms. If we look at the percentiles of this data, we find the 99th percentile is 59ms, that means only 1% of frames are ever over 59ms. If we go further we find the 99.5th percentile is 64ms and the 99.9th percentile is 86ms. Have you noticed something yet? Less than 0.1% of the frames are anywhere near the maximum rendering time. To get the maximum rendering time you need to jump to the 99.99th percentile, 0.01% of the data is at the minimum fps. The minimum fps is just insignificant to the overall dataset because it is at the outer most extreme of it. To look at what really degrades performance you have to dig deeper into the data. So what happens if we through away all the data we considered and outliers before? We get this:

(This plot started from zero so we don't exaggerate the spikes to much)

Now this is really worrisome, we've thrown away all our outliers and the rendering time is still all over the place. This is a textbook example of microshuttering, and if you simply looked at min, average and maximum fps you would have absolutely no idea that the gameplay was this abysmal. Even looking at percentiles we do not see the full extent of just the level degraded gameplay this setup yields. Now I've done some further analysis on the this data set just to give you an idea of what is going on. What I've done is counted the number of frame spikes and the number of areas of sustain low fps (excerpt from the code comments so you can see the methodology)

Code:
    	%% Frame render time difference of 10 ms between frames
        % This is to find frame spikes, large difference in rendering time
        % between consecutive frames is an indicator of stuttering type
        % gameplay.
    Code:
    	%% Find how many frames constitute a lowering of fps.
        % A lowering of FPS is taken as a frame time difference of atleast 8
        % milliseconds, and for the rendering time to be atleast 33.5 ms. A
        % steady rate of 33.5 ms isn't considering a lowering of fps.
    Using this we can find that for 20% of the frames, the very next frame has a difference in rendering time of 10ms, and 2.6% of time there is a sustained period of low fps. This is exactly what we saw from the graphs, and that was while the bulk of the time the fps wasn't low, it was all over the place which is what really degrades the experience and not just the minimum fps.

TLDR: Using the average,min,max doesn't give you an indication of how the game is actually playing, it simply gives you the upper and lower bounds and a smoothed result.
    Last edited by Cold Fussion; 03-22-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/462...iew/index.html

EDIT: Note they are using 300.83 drivers, not the newer 300.99 ones, for the GTX 680, looks fantastic though regardless.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 03-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    yes min fps is very important to me too but not as a number with in a fps/time graph. also about the min fps with the gpu boost it shows the total gpu bottlenecks but when cpu or the other part which makes the bottleneck gpuboost increases the fps. if i am not wrong this is the case. of course there are cases like no one is bottlenecking but software doesnt push gpu to much also gpu boost can happen but i am talking about the extreme cases. now lets say while cpu is bottlenecking then overclokinn gpu should not increase fps too much. but in metro 1080p we can see a huge max fps diff from 7970 but min is lower then it. so this doesnt make sense unless it is about a premature driver.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    6,739 words later... I'm done.

You guys can read my review soon. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post

You guys can read my reivew soon. :P
    Wow, that's a lot of words.... . Looking forward to it!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of words.... . Looking forward to it!
    Damnit you caught my typo my ninjaedit was unsuccessful!
    I am magical.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by russian View Post
    damnit you caught my typo my ninjaedit was unsuccessful!
    rofl .

Xtreme Member

You guys can read my review soon. :P
    TweakTown already published :P
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

Xtreme Addict
    Tweaktown had no NDA :p

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mAJORD View Post
    Tweaktown had no NDA :p
    They should've pushed weeks ago, would've made this thread so much easier to argue

Anyone notice the power consumption? 680 comes neck and neck with an overclocked 7970, nice efficiency (no GPGPU even) Nvidia, lmao.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jesus View Post
    They should've pushed weeks ago, would've made this thread so much easier to argue

Anyone notice the power consumption? 680 comes neck and neck with an overclocked 7970, nice efficiency (no GPGPU even) Nvidia, lmao.
    Uh... power consumption yeah. You'll have to wait.

Tweaktown went with their review with no help from NVIDIA, so not everything will be right.
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member

Tweaktown went with their review with no help from NVIDIA, so not everything will be right.
    Nvidia is going to help every person who buys a 680 personally set it up to achieve desired results? I'm just pulling your leg. But it really shouldn't be more complicated than, plug it in, measure with same base at same point in time.

Xtreme Addict
    Well, end of discussion from me. I made my point clear and we just have different opinions here. What matters to me, doesnt matter to you.

trinibwoy, I choose my card and game settings based on one thing only. In no point of time, FPS can not fall below 35 when i play. Simple as that.

Overall im happy about 500$ price tag. That should make the card i want cheaper too perhaps. Thats 7870, what im hoping to get soon.
    It's your money

Xtreme Member
    Everything as expected, execpt power consumption tests, which have huge difference from what we are seen so far.

Xtreme Enthusiast

I would expect no help from AMD nor nVidia when doing fair review.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fussion View Post
    TLDR: Using the average,min,max doesn't give you an indication of how the game is actually playing, it simply gives you the upper and lower bounds and a smoothed result.
    The answer is that all of the factors matter, but you need a frame of reference (a time trend) for it to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical Man View Post
    Hahaha! So true

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Handrox View Post
    GeForce GTX 690 (Mai)
    vermutlich 3072 (1D) Shader-Einheiten, 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs, 2x 256 Bit DDR Interface, Spieleverbrauch vermutlich ~330 Watt, Performance geschätzt 500-530%

GK110 (August)
    vermutlich ~2500 (1D) Shader-Einheiten, 512 Bit DDR Interface, Spieleverbrauch vermutlich 250-300 Watt, Performance geschätzt ~495%

This monster ... GK110 will be 5% less than a dual of the same generation? OMG!

http://www.3dcenter.org/news/vermutl...90-aufgetaucht
    GK110 comes out much after august IMO, depending on AMD release
    The performance is what makes me think whether should i get a 590 or wait longer... I think i need a bigger main monitor first, but no 120hz 30 inches anywhere around :/

SB Rig:
    | CPU: 2600K (L040B313T) | Cooling: H100 with 2x AP29 | Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
    | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | Video: MSI gtx570 TF III
    | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB fw009 | HDDs: 2x GP 2TB, 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    | Audio: Cantatis Overture & Denon D7000 headphones | Case: Lian-Li T60 bench table
    | PSU: Seasonic X650 | Display: Samsung 2693HM 25,5"
    | OS: Windows7 Ultimate x64 SP1

+Fanless Music Rig: | E5200 @0.9V

+General surfing PC on sale | E8400 @4Ghz

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical Man View Post
    If you're only concerned with benchmark graphs yes but Tweaktown wasn't complaining about help with benchmarking. Check the first page of the review.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTelstar View Post
    GK110 comes out much after august IMO, depending on AMD release
    The performance is what makes me think whether should i get a 590 or wait longer... I think i need a bigger main monitor first, but no 120hz 30 inches anywhere around :/
    We're working on that monitor (27" but w/e): http://www.overclock.net/t/1232084/y...#post_16766759

However, we run into the issue of not being able to do 120Hz at 2560x1440(1600) due to some limitation (I just emailed AMD about it) either from pixel clock rate or RAMDAC or something.

Xtreme Addict
    Everything as expected, execpt power consumption tests, which have huge difference from what we are seen so far.
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/462...w/index17.html These numbers look good?
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Mentor
    No support for Tweaktown from Nvidia is really a bad thing to do. I mean when you have enough sample and can retail the product why not give a sample to tweaktown?? Nvidia is not only cutting off a thumb here but also inviting others to do the same action as tweaktown did. If it was Intel they would have gotten a replay as to why they cant access the product or any other polite comeback. Our PR department is very polite when dealing with reviewers some are special other not so much but each reviewer is taken care of by the elite.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    No support for Tweaktown from Nvidia is really a bad thing to do. I mean when you have enough sample and can retail the product why not give a sample to tweaktown?? Nvidia is not only cutting off a thumb here but also inviting others to do the same action as tweaktown did. If it was Intel they would have gotten a replay as to why they cant access the product or any other polite comeback. Our PR department is very polite when dealing with reviewers some are special other not so much but each reviewer is taken care of by the elite.
    I agree, assuming this side of the story is true.

Page 87 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097137 ... LastLast