Page 63 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3567

Thread: Kepler Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Link to ATi's 3d Surround?
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...rsion1112.aspx

about 2/3 of the way down on release notes. You have to have a card with 3 mdp and 3 capable dp monitors like the samsung s27a950d

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmy View Post
    Between here and Hardocp he is gettin very annoying.....
    Ok, bye to you too.... be mad at nvidia, I haven't done anything!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    Buy more monitors?
    Try 3d?

There are ways! Although I suspect you'll be crippled by vram.
    Nvidia Surround on triple monitors is enough for me.

Also, as far as 3D goes, I've tried the anaglyph 3D (red/cyan colors) with the cheap cardboard movie glasses, and it looks pretty cool. It got me thinking if the actual Nvidia 3D Vision is any better and how many games have an excellent rating with it.

And on the VRAM topic, yes, 1.5GB of VRAM shared across all three cards is not exactly idea. That is why I am somewhat disappointed in the GTX 680 reference cards being only 2GB. I'll be grabbing three GTX 780s (the ones coming later on) with 4GB+ of VRAM. Oh hallelujah!
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
    NVIDIA's New AA Algo is TXAA, Adaptive V-Sync and New 3DVision Surround Detailed

The new 3D Vision Surround is said to work in conjunction with Adaptive V-Sync to ensure the center display has higher frame-rate (since it's at the focus of your central vision), at the expense of the frame-rates of the two side displays (since they're mostly at your peripheral vision). This ensures there's a balanced, high-performance experience with multi-monitor gaming setups.
    I'm no GPU expert, but something doesn't seem right about that part of TPU's report. TPU cites this as their source, and when I ran that page through Google Translate, I got the following:

New Adaptive VSync technology

NVIDIA, on the other hand, made for the actual operation of fluency of the game is optimized and to promote the new Adaptive VSync VSync setting are gamers, open the main purpose is to reduce the graphics card output image is generated in different fps too fast or too slow situations, and the output frame rate is locked in with the mainstream display screen 60fps. However, the image of the actual output of the graphics card will still be due to different scenes within the game for differences between the actual output fps lower than 60fps fps, will be directly reduced to 30 below 30fps is reduced to 20fps.

In fact, such cases are quite common, and convert 60fps to 30fps of the screen will significantly slow the beating, which greatly affect the fluency of the game, the new Adaptive VSync just solve the problem, when the Adaptive VSync enabled, the system automatically detection of the actual operation fps than 60 VSync will open a locked 60fps output frames, such as less than 60 will be automatically VSync turn off and running to the actual output frames to reduce all of a sudden dropped to 30fps from 60fps is the emergence of slow beat, can be very useful.

NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround support single-card three-screen output

For the practical application of the full range of the GeForce GTX, 500 series or the previous product, the core of integrated video signals, limiting the single a graphics card can only output up to a maximum of two screens, three-screen output to be run in SLI mode. flexibility weaker than rival AMD Eyefinity, but in order to combat AMD Eyefinity technology, NVIDIA is also a lack of existing products to enhance the flexibility of the multi-screen applications.

GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards support single card with two DVI and one HDMI output of the three-screen and 3D Vision's way to reach the NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround restrictions without the use of DisplayPort, flexibility even more than the AMD is better The DisplayPort interface, of course, users can also connect an additional display to the graphics card, four-screen output to the "3 +1" program, a single card.
    Frankly, I don't see how TPU concluded that Adaptive V-Sync favors FPS on the center monitor at the expense of FPS on the side displays based on Google's translation above. Maybe they've got a better translation (preferably from a human) or another source they're not citing. Anyone here able to confirm what that page really says?
    Last edited by SMTB1963; 03-16-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Is there any word on whether or not this card will have bitstreaming capabilities?
    Hardware: CaseLabs T10 | REIV | 3930k @ 4.8 | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 | 3x GTX680+ 4GB Tri-SLI | 2x 240GB Cherryville raid0 | 2x 3TB Barracuda | CEntrance DACmini CX | HiFiMan HE-500 | 30" Ultrasharp U3011
    Watercooling: EK-Supreme HF | 3x EK-FC680 GTX | EK-FB Kit RE4 | MCP35X2 | 2x Alphacool UT60 | XSPC RS360 | EK-Multioption RES X2 250 Advanced

Xtreme Mentor

Xtreme Member
    If last rumors and numbers are true, seems that AMD leadership time is shorter every generation, and this time they lose in their perf/mm2 ground.
    Maybe is the time to rethink their strategy with Tahiti and focus on Pitcairn kind of GPU.

Xtreme Member
    *double

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dami3n View Post
    If last rumors and numbers are true, seems that AMD leadership time is shorter every generation, and this time they lose in their perf/mm2 ground.
    Maybe is the time to rethink their strategy with Tahiti and focus on Pitcairn kind of GPU.
    From all the sources I have talked to, availability of Pitcairn will be severely limited at release.

Xtreme Member
    When I was talking about Pitcairn kind of GPU, I meant a more efficient GPU with less GPGPU stuff and more muscle only for gaming. When you see comparisons between Tahiti and Pitcairn, is obvious that efficiency for gaming drops a lot in the big dog.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dami3n View Post
    When I was talking about Pitcairn kind of GPU, I meant a more efficient GPU with less GPGPU stuff and more muscle only for gaming. When you see comparisons between Tahiti and Pitcairn, is obvious that efficiency for gaming drops a lot in the big dog.
    GPGPU is the future for both nvidia and amd. You will not see a gaming only gpu in the future.

Xtreme Addict
    No one here cares about AMD, kids. Take the AMD [s]chatter[/s] whining elsewhere.
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth View Post
    No one here cares about AMD, kids. Take the AMD [s]chatter[/s] whining elsewhere.
    Everyone here cares about AMD... That's why all of the comparisons are against their cards. If the 680s outperform or are cheaper than 7970, then people will buy them. Otherwise, it'll be tough for Nvidia outside the folding realm.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    fudzilla

We must note that these tests are a bit unfair due to Nvidia's GPU Boost feature. You can't actually claim that the card is clocked at 1006MHz due to the boost, so we are hoping that reviewers will include overclocked Radeon HD 7970 cards in their official reviews. This should level the playing field.
    LOL

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    That is NOT "cherry picking", that's more like "we have limited time, lets put up the numbers that matter to the largest portion of the community as possible".
    Limited time?? It's a WHOLE WEEK till NDA lifts and you say not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Also judging by the "official" nVidia graph, I can't picture they'd claim 40%+ faster in BF3 when it's not even remotely like that in actuality.
    That graph is just a graphical representation of the number posted by pcinlife or some other chinese site late January/early February. Obvious fake is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by cold2010 View Post
    Haha, Fuad is adorable when he tries to play the concerned reviewer.

It has to be said though, that the preview mentions this boost producing inconsistent results with a 5% spread.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthShader View Post

That graph is just a graphical representation of the number posted by pcinlife or some other chinese site late January/early February. Obvious fake is obvious.

It has to be said though, that the preview mentions this boost producing inconsistent results with a 5% spread.
    Not everyone has a week, let alone has the card until release day. Could be a loaner card, could be a "oh, a pc on the side of a road" test... who knows what.

Anyways, only fanboys flail around at numbers before release day so its not like it really matters.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict

I agree or not, but if Fuad is not jumping around saying: " Nvidia is a killer, Nvidia kill all, Nvidia make me a child " .... this dont look good lol .
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

So does anybody know when does the NDA lift? I thought it was earlier this week but so far we haven;t seen any official reviews.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    So does anybody know when does the NDA lift? I thought it was earlier this week but so far we haven;t seen any official reviews.
    Not this week, rumors said 22th...
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It wasn't written by him.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Link to ATi's 3d Surround?
    http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74..._pf&ID=1642152
    Next Generation AMD Eyefinity technology: AMD Eyefinity 2.0 features all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation, brand new display configurations and an expanded and more immersive field of view.
    Keep up with times.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do they mention 3 monitor 3D in there somewhere? I'm not sure they do.

Also, comparing a support for open standard vs. in-house developed technology with support is a little bit different. The last time I saw a review of both of these 3D technologies, AMD wasn't exactly on par.

I am Xtreme
    They're not on par, but the technology is there.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    Why is this thread still named GTX 780?
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme Member
    sounds better and more efficiently

Page 63 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113 ... LastLast