Page 16 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Kepler Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
    Not one of you has given a good reason why. Why should the successor to a 300$ card be priced considerably higher? Why is +60% on a new node completely unrealistic? If you follow this logic, chips will become faster but more expensive. So in 5 years we have +200% performance and +200% price? That is completely unrealistic.
    I don't get why you deny that perf/$ will increase considerably - as it did with every new generation eventually...in every market segment.
    In the past it has been the highend which launches first and then the midrange follows.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    The gtx 570 and 6970 has been around 330 dollars since the middle of the 2011, maybe even earlier. The gtx 560 448 at $289 hit around the gtx 570 performance as well, heck even the gigabyte gtx 560 SOC hit gtx 570 performance at around $269 and this was 10 months ago. Unless GK104 is well well under 300mm2 while using a new process, it should hit gtx 580 performance (which is at this point, looks like 10% with the 7950) level atleast if the memory controller is fixed.
    Aim small, miss small.

Lot's of BS swirling around out there right now.
    Depending on what is actually true, it sounds like Nvidia has taken a slightly different design approach this time.

R600 ... G200b
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Are you implying gk106, has now become gk104? That would make some sense, with performance coming in between gtx 570 and gtx 580.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Are you implying gk106, has now become gk104? That would make some sense, with performance coming in between gtx 570 and gtx 580.
    That thought did cross my mind
    PhenomII X6 1055T | Crosshair IV Formula | 4x2Gb G-SKILL 1600 Ripjaws | 2x460GTX 2GB | Highpoint 2720, 2xAgilty 3 Raid 0/ Corsair Force 60 / 5xWD 1.5TB | Antec Earthwatts 750W | WIN7 64 Bit | Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Antec NINE HUNDRED TWO | 3x23" Viewsonic

Xtreme Member
    NVIDIA - "We expected more from Radeon HD 7900" [Exclusive]
    http://www.nordichardware.com/news/7...exclusive.html

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Handrox View Post
    NVIDIA - "We expected more from Radeon HD 7900" [Exclusive]
    http://www.nordichardware.com/news/7...exclusive.html

Awesome quotes with no information about who said it other than "a spokesperson"

sweet source
    Iron Lung 3.0 | Intel Core i7 6800k @ 4ghz | 32gb G.SKILL RIPJAW V DDR4-3200 @16-16-16-36 | ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING + ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB + Samsung 840 EVO + 4TB HDD | 55" Samsung KS8000 + 30" Dell u3011 via Displayport - @ 6400x2160

Xtreme Enthusiast
    source - http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/19/n...-clear-winner/

For the doubters, both of the current cards we saw have two DVI plugs on the bottom, one HDMI, and one DP with a half slot cooling grate on one of the two slot end plates.
    If this is true, and 3 ports can be used at the same time then they already sold one to me. I currently use 2 nvidia cards to drive 3 monitors (not in SLI) and would happily move down to just 1 card.

-150c Club Member
    Not only is creating an absolute out of a relative a no-no in statistics (they created a "Baseline" and called it "1") but all that can be assumed if its real is...

A) Our new product is better then our old product.

B) Our old product was crappy as compared to our new product.

C) We aren't very good at making graphs

D) If you liked our old products, specifically ones that still don't need to be upgraded from, you might like paying more for our new products. But we don't plan on comparing it to any competitor as that would ruin our sales pitch.

or, last but not least.

E) We like the color green.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Member
    [chiphell] Keep it classy nvidia, viral marketing discovered at chiphell, Kepler rumors debunked

Several media are a variety of domestic Kepler low prices, HD7900 will follow the diving like the article, take a look at the foreign media, who did not even reported, along with some media editors forum explosive in the major so-called "material "It is clear that a variety of moves NV's marketing activities in the water behind the army to suppress the HD7900 as well as leading the sales momentum, CHH to see these posts I will lock posts, I hope the members can self-load.

rough chinese translation. ALL of the posts related to kepler being 299$ from chiphell, and speculated performance, were from marketing shills (proven by the owners of the forum) and have been banned.

Charlie from SA was bamboozled as well. Keep it classy Nvidia.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1205407/c...umors-debunked
    Last edited by jam2k; 01-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    lol, give me a break, viral marketing from nvidia. The translation is so ridiculously bad it could literally mean anything. The bit about the viral marketing is purely made up. Anything to give nVidia a bad name ey.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Addict
    Surprised if true. Charlie of all people would be most skeptical.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Member
    Surprised if true. Charlie of all people would be most skeptical.
    i hate to see the nv articles on s/a if true

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    lol, give me a break, viral marketing from nvidia. The translation is so ridiculously bad it could literally mean anything. The bit about the viral marketing is purely made up. Anything to give nVidia a bad name ey.
    Since when did anyone need to make stuff up in order to give Nvidia a bad name?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    What I see is people hyping their expectations up to a point where nothing short of mind blowing performance for less than $400 will satisfy them.

To me, that's completely unrealistic.
    I just wanted to add that not only are you 100% right, but that this has happened since I can remember when any new GPU or CPU comes out... people hype it up and lower the price and are disappointed. the one launch that I can remember that was not seen as a let down was the G80 one (and a few before it's time as well). considering we have NO IDEA how fast it would be and there was close to no information on it until it came out and destroyed all of the DX9 cards. everything since then has been hyped beyond reason.

Quote Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
    Not one of you has given a good reason why. Why should the successor to a 300$ card be priced considerably higher? Why is +60% on a new node completely unrealistic? If you follow this logic, chips will become faster but more expensive. So in 5 years we have +200% performance and +200% price? That is completely unrealistic.
    I don't get why you deny that perf/$ will increase considerably - as it did with every new generation eventually...in every market segment.
    I think you totally missed the point on this. not to mention totally missed the last 5 years of GPU pricing history. high end GPU's since the 8800GTX have always cost any-ware from $500-$700 and have out performed the last architecture by 50% or more... the price stays the same and the performance increases in the respective price bracket.

honestly i don't see why people think Nvidia are going to change the formula. since the dawn of GPU time we have seen:

-high end (best performance but poor price to performance ratio) For example: GTX 580
    -mid range (good performance and best price to performance ratio) For example: GTX 560/GTX 560 Ti
    -low end (poor performance and poor price to performance ratio) For example: GT 520

on a side note. TinyTomLogan over at OC3D did mention in one of his videos that he has been testing some new graphics card and that they will be released on Tuesday (the 31st of Jan). what they are I have no idea. 7950's I would guess but I guess you never know.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jam2k View Post
    [chiphell] Keep it classy nvidia, viral marketing discovered at chiphell, Kepler rumors debunked

http://www.overclock.net/t/1205407/c...umors-debunked
    Show us the proof please.

I have done up and down Chiphell since seeing this post and read more piss-poor translations than I care to admit but not once did I see any proof of this.

It is also ironic that one of the primary sites for misleading info about ANY GPU release suddenly had a blast of consciousness all of a sudden.
    Last edited by SKYMTL; 01-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Show us the proof please.

I have done up and down Chiphell since seeing this post and read more piss-poor translations than I care to admit but not once did I see any proof of this.

It is also ironic that one of the primary sites for misleading info about ANY GPU release suddenly had a blast of consciousness all of a sudden.
    The only thing i know is a wide marketing rush have been initiate and we have all seen and feel it., since the official 7970 launch in shop, ( the 9jan ) there's not one day without a " leak ", " an info ", a "price ", a " release date " about Kepler.. i will quote Charlie who is preparing an article ( dont ask you why thoses 2 article was so short, see them as an introduction ) about Nvidia marketing : - " Wall Street will look as Gandhi this year compared to Nvidia "

And the most funny, with all the " infos " who have been rolling: We still have absolutely not any idea of what is Kepler, nor to what it look like..

Conclusion: - I will not take the words of Chipphell as true, not more as i take the other we have seen yet.... i think we are flying high so far to accord too much credit to what we read ( good or bad ) .. This make 4 days we are debating about the performance of Kepler based on a price..
    Last edited by Lanek; 01-26-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Mentor
    So Charlie is no more Edelman or Bite and he's new nVidia's ho ? Weird world ...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    So Charlie is no more Edelman or Bite and he's new nVidia's ho ? Weird world ...
    lol...
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    Interesting find I just came across.

/runs for cover

edit: http://rigmods.com/wp/blog/leaked-nv...110-chip-info/
    Last edited by Andrew LB; 01-26-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added link to source of images

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Interesting find I just came across.

/runs for cover

edit: http://rigmods.com/wp/blog/leaked-nv...110-chip-info/
    Already proven fake. Different fonts. Different sizes.
    Made 28th week of 2012???
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Maybe they're going by fiscal year? We're currently in the 31st week of fiscal year 2012.

/not serious

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Already proven fake. Different fonts. Different sizes.
    /runs for cover
    For some reason, I think he knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    For some reason, I think he knew that.
    At least someone around here is perceptive.

It's always humorous when the usual suspects are so in a rush to go after the message and messenger that they completely miss the point.

What I don't get though is the endless rooting for a company to fail. While neither side is without fault... there just seems to be an extra dose of animus with the anti-nVidia/intel crowd. While I currently own intel/nvidia, I really wanted AMD to succeed with Bulldozer. I just wasn't going allow myself to ignore the fact the chip was a bust. I'm also glad the initial hd7xxx cards are fast. The better AMD does, the more pressure there is on Intel and nVidia to build killer products and actually compete for consumers money. At least at the end of the day I get to have a laugh when the same person who is always part of the very negative crowd didn't find his complaining about the HD7970's price to be any bit ironic.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    At least someone around here is perceptive.

It's always humorous when the usual suspects are so in a rush to go after the message and messenger that they completely miss the point.
    Then why post it if you know it is wrong?
    How is that helpful? What is your motive?
    You clearly knew it has been posted here before....

Xtreme Member
    Early next week Nvidia starts manufacturers in Asia to present graphic cards based on Kepler, when full production will start in two/three weeks from now.

It's time to say something new. The first news (if true)is breakthrough new feature for PhysX and CUDA through its processing. If this thing really confirmed, it will be a big bomb. Further information concerning the power consumption to be thanks to the final respin very low. Respin also helped NVIDIA achieve high operating GPU frequency. As for performance, still true that middle-class Kepler card easily beats Radeon 7970 ...

You've probably noticed that the ChipHell banned some users, trolls who allegedly worked for Nvidia. This is bull, why would Nvidia Trolls worked there and not just for famous US/EU forums ... it's all only comedy. PS. Banned by a "nApoleon" biggest TROLL there ...

http://www.obr-hardware.com/2012/01/...-chiphell.html

Page 16 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast