Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMD HD7000 Series Launch Date Revealed

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    I'm not a professional gamer....if I was I would be gaming...not talking about it on forums. All I was saying is that I tryed it (maybe not up to your standards) and for me, I couldn't tell the difference. I can totally understand the theory about why some could and I would not doubt for a second that some even bennefit from it. I just doubt there are very many around here
    thankfully enough this is xtremesystems and not xtremegamers

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    It kills tearing (it IS present in a 120Hz screen too, just like in every non vsynced video display device) and offers unrivaled smoothness. Don't forget the constant 120fps, it's key here.
    I can think of one game where I saw noticeable tearing on my display (Crysis) and I never use vsync. Its just not a necessity with a 120hz display imo. Vsync adds input lag, I wouldn't call that unrivaled smoothness to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    thankfully enough this is xtremesystems and not xtremegamers

Yeah, since no one here games with their high end geforce or radeon cards.

Xtreme Addict
    Although vsync can and often does introduce input latency, the latency added when using a multigpu setup is more severe (see pre rendered frames) and given such a setup is often required to get the most out of a 120hz display (namely 1080) thats more of a problem. As tempted as I am to get a newer 120 display until a single gpu can handle 1080 fluently I will be waiting. I personally dont use vsync appear from some older fps games. Whenever possible ill limit the render speed in game before resorting to vsync.

We shall see if Amd is able to bring performance up enough to make this a reality.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfeed View Post
    Although vsync can and often does introduce input latency, the latency added when using a multigpu setup is more severe (see pre rendered frames) and given such a setup is often required to get the most out of a 120hz display (namely 1080) thats more of a problem. As tempted as I am to get a newer 120 display until a single gpu can handle 1080 fluently I will be waiting. I personally dont use vsync appear from some older fps games. Whenever possible ill limit the render speed in game before resorting to vsync.

We shall see if Amd is able to bring performance up enough to make this a reality.
    I agree with chickfeed, as an ex-sponsored gamer who was flown around to play. vsync offers no competitive edge, in fact if anything it's possibly a liability. Anybody who says different is just being a bigot.

As for the 'sexyness' of 120Hz, well that's a different story; but at the end of that day even that is some what subjective. *shrug*

Anyway, bring on more GCN details! Need to upgrade my now antique card =)
    Asus M4A87TD EVO (870X) + AMD Phenom II X6 1090TBE + G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (4x2GB) + Scythe Ninja 2 + Gigabyte HD5850 1GB + Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Vsync adds input lag, I wouldn't call that unrivaled smoothness to be honest.
    Input lag, sure, but I can't feel it at 120fps, and that's what counts. If others feel it, then don't use vsync, nobody is forcing you.

When I say smoothness I mean "video" smoothness, if you know what I mean. You can only achieve that in video, games or whatever when the frame rate is both high and costant. vsync+120 constant fps is not only about having no tearing and minimal input lag, is that you have 120 different frames per second, equally spaced in time (8.33 ms to be exact). And that my friend provides unrivaled video smoothness.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Input lag, sure, but I can't feel it at 120fps, and that's what counts. If others feel it, then don't use vsync, nobody is forcing you.

When I say smoothness I mean "video" smoothness, if you know what I mean. You can only achieve that in video, games or whatever when the frame rate is both high and costant. vsync+120 constant fps is not only about having no tearing and minimal input lag, is that you have 120 different frames per second, equally spaced in time (8.33 ms to be exact). And that my friend provides unrivaled video smoothness.
    Lots of people cant feel the latency of gaming on a TV without a decent game mode either, but that doesnt mean its not there and wont bother people who are used to responsive input. Just like why SLI/XFire stutter.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Lots of people cant feel the latency of gaming on a TV without a decent game mode either, but that doesnt mean its not there and wont bother people who are used to responsive input. Just like why SLI/XFire stutter.
    What are you implying? That 120hz is more fluid with vsync? You guys are the first people that I have ever heard claim that. So thats a new one to me.

Xtreme Member
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series “Tahiti” Pictured, Features 384-bit Memory Bus

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-hd-79...it-memory-bus/

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    What are you implying? That 120hz is more fluid with vsync? You guys are the first people that I have ever heard claim that. So thats a new one to me.
    Did I mention 120hz or vsync anywhere in what you quoted, or am I imagining things?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    ^^ This.

Xtreme Addict
    Way to go off topic guys

CPU: Core i7-2600K@4.8Ghz Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 Case: Corsair 700D w/ 800D window
    CPU Cooler:
    Corsair H70 w/ 2 GTs AP-15 GPU: 2xGigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC SLI
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws PSU: Corsair AX850W Sound card: Asus Xonar DX + Fiio E9
    HDD:
    Crucial M4 128GB + 4TB HDD Display: 3x30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Headphone: Sennheiser HD650

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123