Thread: Help needed: Choosing Fluids & Additives

Red face Help needed: Choosing Fluids & Additives

Hello there.

I was always using Pure Distilled water in my Builds. Now I am Building New rig With White And Blue theme and wanted your help, Guys, in choosing fluid that is not conductive and safest for the WC Blocks and radiators.

Or may be I should stay with Pure Distilled water and just choose Appropriately colored tubing.

thanks in advance

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Mayhems. Check out the link in my sig.

Glad I could help

Xtreme Member
    Ice Dragon cooling fluid is another option. It is even naturally white in color. might work for your color theme

http://www.icedragoncooling.com/

Banned
    Don't be a noob. Buy colored tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
    Don't be a noob. Buy colored tubing.
    Hello Everyone.

Thanks for a speedy feedback - for now I'll go for Colored Tubing(thanks to "persuasive" Mr. zeropluszero).
    I just have spare 6 FT. tygoon clear tubing somewhere.

I will post my new build pics once it's ready and done.

Xtreme Addict
    ops edit

zeropluszero your a fool and you keep making your self look like more of a fool..
    Last edited by mlwood37; 12-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Distilled water, silver coils, and blue tubing.
    The Money Trap = Intel i7 3930K | Corsair H100 push/pull fans | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB (4 x 4GB) G.Skill DDR3 2133 9-11-10 CR1 | 2 x EVGA 680 SC+ Signature SLI | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD - OS, 256GB Crucial M4 SSD - Games - backup WD HDDs | Klipsch ProMedia | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Antec TPQ-1200w | Dell U2711 2560 x 1440 27" | Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit | APC RS1500

Banned
    Keep trying to sell me your product Mick.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
    Keep trying to sell me your product Mick.
    Lol, why the hate? It's not like they are going to gunk the hell out of his loop, worst thing they will color the tubing which is expendable merchandise anyway.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Addict
    zeropluszero why would i on earth sell you any thing. You wouldn't know what to do with it. We dont deal with trolls we deal with human beings.

Banned
    yeh, ima stick with distilled, because i dont know what to do with it.
    never watercooled a rig ever.

Copie
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    zeropluszero why would i on earth sell you any thing. You wouldn't know what to do with it. We dont deal with trolls we deal with human beings.

Thats your Aurora in Blue, less then a week in the loop IIRC.

Xtreme Addict
    That is why its is for show pcs only lol. and that why there is a wiki explaining what is should be used in.

RTFM http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com.

this is why it says this on the bottle =

So if the bottle was read and the instructions were followed then it wouldn't happen like that would it. How ever its not my fault if you dont or cannot read. Weve had it running past 6 months now with no problems what so ever.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 12-13-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm actually starting to lean more towards the colored tubing myself.

Also you can color it yourself with rit dye. It's super easy and the results come out very nice.
    Tip: fill the tubing with hot water and plug it on both ends before dipping it in the dye bath.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If I were to dye tubing, I'd probably want to only dye the inside so it looked like the liquid was dyed instead of the tubing.
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
    If I were to dye tubing, I'd probably want to only dye the inside so it looked like the liquid was dyed instead of the tubing.
    Yea, the only thing is the possibility that the dye may leach out and contaminate the coolant. I'm not sure if it would cause a problem. It may lower the Ph since the dye is acid based.
    Last edited by CrazyNutz; 12-13-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Battle of the Coolants! LoL Who will win!

Personally ive always done colour'ed tubing with dis.. I admit, i like the look of coolant, its sexy when you have plexi type blocks... But i think i'll wait untill my next rig before i experiment with coolant, at-least more facts / technology will have advanced somewhat in two years.

Xtreme Addict
    Nothing wrong with colour tubing as long as you get decent stuff. Fluids are all so fine if you would like colour though out.

You either love them or hate them (or troll them like some) or just mah over any thing. Distilled is one of the best coolants on the market. Pre-mixed is for those who would like colour and not mess around, dyes are good for those who would like to make there own colour.

Each company makes there own and claims all sorts of stuff how ever it up to the end user what to choose and which to use.

If using Dyes it best how ever to do extra maintenance on your system every 6 to 9 months. This should be done every 12 months with pure DI / Ultra Pure. Pre mixs should say how long they last how ever if you unsure ask the maker of the fluids.

If you look after you kit like you would your car or home you will be fine.

As for rit dye all that is, is dye and salt.

We personally are working on a new liquid that does not use dye how ever it will be a while before its out, and if we release it.

It wont go under test until the test PC is finished (for got to get a GPU pmsl)
    Last edited by mlwood37; 12-14-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Copie
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    That is why its is for show pcs only lol. and that why there is a wiki explaining what is should be used in.

RTFM http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com.

this is why it says this on the bottle =

So if the bottle was read and the instructions were followed then it wouldn't happen like that would it. How ever its not my fault if you dont or cannot read. Weve had it running past 6 months now with no problems what so ever.
    No need to get aggressive champ. That isnt my loop, and the guy builds and sells cases and custom water solutions, he does know what he is doing, not that its an overly difficult fluid to use.

But hey, the proof is in the pudding, his loop isnt overly complex, nor restrictive.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Copie View Post
    No need to get aggressive champ. That isnt my loop, and the guy builds and sells cases and custom water solutions, he does know what he is doing, not that its an overly difficult fluid to use.

But hey, the proof is in the pudding, his loop isnt overly complex, nor restrictive.
    I never delt with mayhems or do I use colored fluid, just DI water + anticorrosive stuff.

But I got to ask, didn't you get it or are you just playing dumb ? At least you should have read the wiki page...
    It states in verrrrrrrry large red letters that you shouldn't use Aurora for Home Cooling aka long term system. It's purpose is photo shootout's and modding contests aka short term use.
    So I'm dont see the point it the video.. neither in you un logic ( to say the least ) coments...

Copie
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    I never delt with mayhems or do I use colored fluid, just DI water + anticorrosive stuff.

But I got to ask, didn't you get it or are you just playing dumb ? At least you should have read the wiki page...
    It states in verrrrrrrry large red letters that you shouldn't use Aurora for Home Cooling aka long term system. It's purpose is photo shootout's and modding contests aka short term use.
    So I'm dont see the point it the video.. neither in you un logic ( to say the least ) coments...
    He was using it for less then a week, i would hardly call that long term, by any stretch of the imagination. Regardless, it wasnt as if it didnt meet any of the requirements beforehand.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, but one of the main points was that the giant red letters were added later on. Several people reported back to Mayhems with problems before that piece of text was added. Before that, it was on the product page (so not the Wiki), but not as clearly as these letters.

Anyway, I'd recommend staying away from the aurora liquid unless it's for a showcase, like stated on the site.

Btw Mick, the Pastel range is still safe for long term usage, right?
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Addict
    Yeh pastel perfect for upwards of 2 years plus. we have now been testing it over this period of time and never had 1 problem with it.

Aurora is what it is. The risk has all ways been known and let known from day one of making Aurora. We how ever are still working on aurora to make it better and last longer but the more restrictive blocks get the harder it is to make some thing for them.