Thread: Which Boards to Keep for 2 builds

Which Boards to Keep for 2 builds

Hello Everyone,
    I am going to build two Intel z68 based systems, one for gaming and some video editing [I7 2600k], and one for htpc and gaming on large hdtv [I5 2500k]. The problem I'm having is that I have three boards and can't make up my mind which two to keep on a cost vs performance basis. I have an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3, an Asus P8Z68 V pro Gen 3, and an Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3. Is the Deluxe worth the extra $60.00? The only difference I can see is some ports and a heat sink with a heat pipe that the pro does not have and the extra front usb 3 box. Is the Asrock ok for the htpc build or is it to "low end", I have never had this brand before I have always used Asus. I have tried Gigabyte and MSI over the years and always wished I would have stuck with Asus. I will do some average overclocking with Hyper 212's but nothing crazy. Any help or advice would be appreciated. To me this forum has been the absolute best site for tech advice for years.

Thanks in Advance,
    Arax
    Current Rig
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3
    Intel Core I7 2600k @4.2ghz
    16G G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    His Radeon HD6870
    OCZ Agility 3 128gb SSD
    WD 1TB Sata3
    NZXT Tempest Case
    Corsair 800w PS
    Windows 8 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    No, don't think Deluxe is worth the extra 60, V Pro is the sweetspot, however Deluxe is deluxe. As far as Asrock goes, it's not "low end"... But anyway it's on you to decide. Not sure I helped you a lot.