Thread: Awesome Quotes from Dan Quayle.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Awesome Quotes from Dan Quayle.

I know it doesnt sound to funny to quote a vice president, but the guy was renowned for his ability to make a fool of himself, and after reading some of these myself, I was just bursting out laugh.
    take a look.

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
    For NASA, space is still a high priority.
    I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
    I deserve respect for the things I did not do.
    I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.
    I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
    I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
    If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure.
    It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.
    Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It's the other way around. They never vote for us.
    The future will be better tomorrow.
    (this is the one that just had me rolling)

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
    Tobacco exports should be expanded aggressively because Americans are smoking less.
    Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists.

I really didnt know dan quayle growing up, I was a little kid, and I knew he was considerd dumb, but till I looked him up on google, I never really knew just how far it went.
    this guy was a absolute gold mine for idiotic tendencies. the quote sites have hundreds of them from him, and its no surprise why he seems to have kinda vanished from history and no one talks about him.

I tried to look up george bush too, and while he said a incredible amount of purely dumb things, it just comes across as a real low IQ and lack of understanding of topics - much like sarah palin.
    hes easy to quote, but not much in the way of funny stuff.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

c[_]

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    oh my god, those were awesome.

that air head girl just had me grinning from ear to ear, theres so many things wrong in her speech I couldnt even find a place to begin breaking it down, I just laughing so hard.

"food is free, the land is free, why do we have to pay the farmers or rent the land? we should just sell it" - crazy.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

X. I. P.
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/quayle.asp

Quayle was not a particularly polished extemporaneous speaker, but (like many public figures) many of his "quotes" have taken on a life of their own and have become "real" without his ever uttering them.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    I know it doesnt sound to funny to quote a vice president, but the guy was renowned for his ability to make a fool of himself, and after reading some of these myself, I was just bursting out laugh.
    take a look.

(this is the one that had me rolling)
    I really didnt know dan quayle growing up, I was a little kid, and I knew he was considerd dumb, but till I looked him up on google, I never really knew just how far it went.
    this guy was a absolute gold mine for idiotic tendencies. the quote sites have hundreds of them from him, and its no surprise why he seems to have kinda vanished from history and no one talks about him.

I tried to look up george bush too, and while he said a incredible amount of purely dumb things, it just comes across as a real low IQ and lack of understanding of topics - much like sarah palin.
    hes easy to quote, but not much in the way of funny stuff.
    His handlers should've stuck an earpiece in him feeding him two words at a time and taught him read a teleprompter like our current buffoons in the white house.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    His handlers should've stuck an earpiece in him feeding him two words at a time and taught him read a teleprompter like our current buffoons in the white house.
    if so, he would have said the following...

"I have, point right index finger up in the air, far more experience, look at audience, than many others, put hands together..."
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    if so, he would have said the following...

"I have, point right index finger up in the air, far more experience, look at audience, than many others, put hands together..."
    Yeah, at failure.

I can't... I say... I can't hear ma handlers...

Xtreme Mentor