i was just browsing the web and saw something interesting. i was wondering if anyone here had ever played with this idea:

i was looking at specific heats of different fluids and saw that the only one comparible with water (at any temperature) - and even slightly better, is ammonia: 1 Btu/lb F//4.2 kJ/kg K (water) vs 1.1 Btu/lb F//4.6 kJ/kg K (ammonia at 32C). so that got me looking into water+ammonia (commonly known as aqua ammonia). other than being corrosive to copper and most of the metals we use in water cooling (silver and aluminum) its thermal properties actually look quite promising - and the corrosive properties can be negated with nickel coatings. at 33% (sweet spot for low temps) ammonia solution its freezing point is -100C, and its boiling point is 19C. i was looking specifically for a good sub-zero coolant that maintained water's high specific heat. this "looks" like it could be a promising candidate so i thought i would see if anyone here had ever played with it before - especially since it seems like it would be relatively easy to get (note: i don't know what percentage ammonia based cleaning products are actually at, but i do know they are basically "aqua ammonia")

thoughts/inputs ??!?!?!!