Thread: Problem with benchmarking results [before & now]

Xtreme Recruit

Problem with benchmarking results [before & now]

My problem is that before I used to get roughly 170,000 in Aquamark 3 score (yea yea i'm old fashioned, unlike my age ), but now, i'm getting only like 120,000 or so.

The cpu score is roughly where it should be (it's slightly lower than before), but the gpu score went from 35,300 to 19,500 .... it doens't make any sense. And this is after changing back to the drivers I had when I got the 170k score.

Another thing I noticed is that I get exactly the same score with graphics drivers installed as I get WITHOUT graphics drivers installed. That's something that would never have happened before this problem came along.

I THINK the problem arose after I installed new motherboard drivers (and yes i'm 100% sure that they're compatible with my motherboard). When I got a crappy score I immidiately changed back to my old drivers, but I still got the same ty score!!! It doens't make sense !!!

Two things I've noticed that are different now compared to then:

1. In the Device Manager, when I click on my graphics driver, next to the model (NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX/GTX+) it says "Microsoft Corporation WDDM v1.1", and this is with my graphics card drivers NOT installed. If I install graphics card drivers, it goes away, and it ONLY says the name of my graphics card. Could that have any meaning ? Because as far as I remember, it used to says WDDM v1.1 before even though I had graphics card drivers installed.

2. in Aquamark 3, if I click on "SubmitResults" in the specific run that I've made, in the "Operating System - "Type" section, it says "Professional" in my good run (170k), and it's blank in my bad run (120k). What could that mean ? Have I disabled something ? It says "Professional" in my good run because I do have Windows 7 Professional 64bit. But then why has it disappeared in my bad run now? What could it mean ?

I have an onboard NVIDIA 9400, which I can enable together with my external GPU to get a "performance boost" (which worked perfectly before this incident btw). But now, wheather I disable the onboard GPU or not in the BIOS, I STILL get the exact same low GPU Score in Aquamark3.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated !!! I wish I would have never installed new motherboard drivers =/

Here are two screenshot of each run, i'll start with the the good result (the bad result will be right under):

Here's the bad result:

Notice the difference in the "Operating System "Type" area between the two (not to mention the huge difference in FPS/Score)
    Last edited by Martinx; 12-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.