Thread: World AIDS Day Dec 1st email

Xtreme Addict

World AIDS Day Dec 1st email

Just in case anyone missed it... These communications give me inspiration to always strive to contribute more to WCG, both physically and emotionally.

Dear vinas1,

World AIDS Day was created over 20 years ago to help raise awareness about HIV/AIDS, and the millions of people suffering with this deadly disease.

On this World AIDS Day, December 1, 2011, you're invited to participate in a live webcast to hear an overview and update on World Community Grid's FightAIDS@Home project. The event will be hosted by Dr. Alex Perryman from The Scripps Research Institute.

Since 2005, World Community Grid has had the great opportunity to support the pioneering research underway at The Scripps Research Institute to advance the discovery of drugs which have the potential to inhibit HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

This is the "FightAIDS@Home" project that many of you run every day on your laptops and PCs for World Community Grid, helping us make progress with the search for drugs that can disable a key step in HIV's life cycle.

The webcast will take place on December 1, 2011, starting promptly at 3:00PM Eastern Time (USA), which is 20:00 Coordinated Universal Time. Please join a few minutes early so that you're sure not to miss anything.

Participants can listen to Dr. Perryman while viewing an on-screen presentation. Time permitting, you will be able to ask questions via a text chat interface and Dr. Perryman will try to answer them.

Access to the webcast is via this link: https://apps.lotuslive.com/meetings/join?id=0327108

You can check if your computer is ready for the webcast at this link: https://www.conferenceservers.com/br...LLENGAGE_EN-US

And whether or not you can join the webcast, make sure your laptop, PC or Mac is running World Community Grid, and let your friends know this easy way to participate in helping humanity!

Thank you,

The World Community Grid Team
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Thanks
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Xtreme Cruncher
    haha, I was going to switch over to run all FAAH today, but after reducing the number of cores I'm running on this machine, I had such a backlog that it didn't download any new units all day. I adjusted my buffer and got some focused work in now.

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !