Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 96 of 96

Thread: Core parking on Windows Seven

  1. #76
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    That's interesting AZ, what version Win 7 are you running & how did you do the registry edit?
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and I did it through changing the ValueMax to 0. I wonder if the fact that I am running 5.1ghz has to do with anything....

  2. #77
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsniper911 View Post
    I wonder if the fact that I am running 5.1ghz has to do with anything....
    maybe?! Try upping your voltage a tad.
    Asrock Extreme 4 | 2600K | 16G G Skill | Powercolor LCS 7970 | PCP&C 910 Silencer | Crucial C300 + Intel X-25V + Raptors | D-Tek Fusion v2 | Swiftech MCR Drive 360 | HP LP2475

  3. #78
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    What info I've piece together so far, seems as if this could be compatible with all systems, minus the nvidia stuff and such.
    The location in the registry it's self leads me to believe that it should work on my next windows install with no hassle, not sure yet though.
    This only enables the stuff in the power management cpl, from where you can adjust it manually..

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Power Management
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; High performance
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4faab71a-92e5-4726-b531-224559672d19]
    
    ;Device idle policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Hard disk
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\80e3c60e-bb94-4ad8-bbe0-0d3195efc663]
    
    ;Hard disk burst ignore time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Sleep
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\25DFA149-5DD1-4736-B5AB-E8A37B5B8187]
    
    ;Allow Away Mode Policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0]
    
    ;System unattended sleep timeout
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\A4B195F5-8225-47D8-8012-9D41369786E2]
    
    ;Allow system required policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\d4c1d4c8-d5cc-43d3-b83e-fc51215cb04d]
    
    ;Allow sleep with remote opens
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Power buttons and lid
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347\833a6b62-dfa4-46d1-82f8-e09e34d029d6]
    
    ;Enable forced button/lid shutdown
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; GPU settings
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\528259f7-7bae-4f30-8321-8afa6e155c4c\332f614f-c023-47bd-a74d-324c7fe0ae2b]
    
    ;NVIDIA Hybrid sli Graphics
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\528259f7-7bae-4f30-8321-8afa6e155c4c\332f614f-c023-47bd-a74d-324c7fe0ae2c]
    
    ;Put the discrete GPUs to sleep after
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Processor power management
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\06cadf0e-64ed-448a-8927-ce7bf90eb35d]
    
    ;Processor performance increase threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking min cores
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\1299023c-bc28-4f0a-81ec-d3295a8d815d]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization history decrease factor
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\12a0ab44-fe28-4fa9-b3bd-4b64f44960a6]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\2ddd5a84-5a71-437e-912a-db0b8c788732]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\3b04d4fd-1cc7-4f23-ab1c-d1337819c4bb]
    
    ;Allow Throttle States
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\40fbefc7-2e9d-4d25-a185-0cfd8574bac6]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\447235c7-6a8d-4cc0-8e24-9eaf70b96e2b]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking parked performance state
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\45bcc044-d885-43e2-8605-ee0ec6e96b59]
    
    ;Processor performance boost policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\465e1f50-b610-473a-ab58-00d1077dc418]
    
    ;Processor performance increase policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\4b92d758-5a24-4851-a470-815d78aee119]
    
    ;Processor idle demote threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\4d2b0152-7d5c-498b-88e2-34345392a2c5]
    
    ;Processor performance time check interval
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\5b33697b-e89d-4d38-aa46-9e7dfb7cd2f9]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity history threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-2158492d58ad]
    
    ;Processor idle disable
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\68dd2f27-a4ce-4e11-8487-3794e4135dfa]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\6c2993b0-8f48-481f-bcc6-00dd2742aa06]
    
    ;Processor idle threshold scaling
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\71021b41-c749-4d21-be74-a00f335d582b]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\7b224883-b3cc-4d79-819f-8374152cbe7c]
    
    ;Processor idle promote threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\7d24baa7-0b84-480f-840c-1b0743c00f5f]
    
    ;Processor performance history count
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\8809c2d8-b155-42d4-bcda-0d345651b1db]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization weighting
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\8f7b45e3-c393-480a-878c-f67ac3d07082]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity history decrease factor
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\943c8cb6-6f93-4227-ad87-e9a3feec08d1]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking overutilization threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\984cf492-3bed-4488-a8f9-4286c97bf5aa]
    
    ;Processor performance increase time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\9ac18e92-aa3c-4e27-b307-01ae37307129]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization history threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\a55612aa-f624-42c6-a443-7397d064c04f]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking core override
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\c4581c31-89ab-4597-8e2b-9c9cab440e6b]
    
    ;Processor idle time check
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\c7be0679-2817-4d69-9d02-519a537ed0c6]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\d8edeb9b-95cf-4f95-a73c-b061973693c8]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\df142941-20f3-4edf-9a4a-9c83d3d717d1]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\dfd10d17-d5eb-45dd-877a-9a34ddd15c82]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\e70867f1-fa2f-4f4e-aea1-4d8a0ba23b20]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity weighting
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\ea062031-0e34-4ff1-9b6d-eb1059334028]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking max cores
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Display
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\82DBCF2D-CD67-40C5-BFDC-9F1A5CCD4663]
    
    ;User annoyance timeout
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\89cc76a4-f226-4d4b-a040-6e9a1da9b882]
    
    ;NVIDIA Display Power Saving technology
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\90959d22-d6a1-49b9-af93-bce885ad335b]
    
    ;Adaptive display
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\A9CEB8DA-CD46-44FB-A98B-02AF69DE4623]
    
    ;Allow display required policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\aded5e82-b909-4619-9949-f5d71dac0bcc]
    
    ;Adaptive backlight
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\EED904DF-B142-4183-B10B-5A1197A37864]
    
    ;Increase adaptive timeout by
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\FBD9AA66-9553-4097-BA44-ED6E9D65EAB8]
    
    ;Enable adaptive brightness
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

  4. #79
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Between Sky and Earth
    Posts
    2,035
    Nice find - but something is confusing, one article says:

    In fact, the 0% setting completely enables the core parking and 100% setting completely disables it. Intermediate values ​​are obviously possible.
    Wile the other...

    Default value is 100% and it represents number of percent of visible processor threads that the system can park. In other words: Core Parking is fully enabled. Changing the value to zero in essence turns the Core Parking feature OFF as it tells the OS not to park any cores.
    I set mine to 0 - did i enable it or completely disable it (as i wanted)??!!

  5. #80
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post
    Nice find - but something is confusing, one article says:



    Wile the other...



    I set mine to 0 - did i enable it or completely disable it (as i wanted)??!!
    If all you did was change the attribute value under Control Set, then what you enabled was the core parking setting in the power control applet.

    Your first quote is correct. Setting the value to 100% effectively turns off core parking. A setting of 0% fully enables core parking.

    The article regarding Winrar performance acknowledges that there was an error in their caption and restates the above. See my earlier post with my screen shot showing the open applet with the resource monitor on. 100% turns core parking off.
    Asrock Extreme 4 | 2600K | 16G G Skill | Powercolor LCS 7970 | PCP&C 910 Silencer | Crucial C300 + Intel X-25V + Raptors | D-Tek Fusion v2 | Swiftech MCR Drive 360 | HP LP2475

  6. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks for that NEOAethyr. I've got all the new options in my advanced power settings, any chance you can tell me the settings for best performance?

  7. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    √╥?
    Posts
    40
    yes this is how you need to set it, but it didnt made suuuch a diff. here, only in audio apps. That bench is kinda useless xD





    some more info here
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1861804
    intel i7 4770K @ 4.7Ghz (1.275V) - H90 pp fans | Asus Z87-Deluxe (bios v2004)| Crucial Balistix Elite @ 2400MHz CL10 1T 4x4Gb (1.65v) | ZOTAC GTX780 OC custom Amp!fan @ 1215mhz| X-FI Titanium HD @ Altec MX5021 | Chieftec NiTRO88+ 650W [52A] | Windows 8.1 Pro x64 WMC

  8. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43
    I got all these options now, and for some reason I can't change the processor performance core parking min cores to 100%, it won't let me change it from 0%.


  9. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    √╥?
    Posts
    40
    ^
    you unlocked too much ^^
    intel i7 4770K @ 4.7Ghz (1.275V) - H90 pp fans | Asus Z87-Deluxe (bios v2004)| Crucial Balistix Elite @ 2400MHz CL10 1T 4x4Gb (1.65v) | ZOTAC GTX780 OC custom Amp!fan @ 1215mhz| X-FI Titanium HD @ Altec MX5021 | Chieftec NiTRO88+ 650W [52A] | Windows 8.1 Pro x64 WMC

  10. #85
    World Champion - IRONMODS
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Japan
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    I got all these options now, and for some reason I can't change the processor performance core parking min cores to 100%, it won't let me change it from 0%.

    I hope you started by making a reg backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

    MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

  11. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43
    Yea lol.

  12. #87
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US, MI
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    Thanks for that NEOAethyr. I've got all the new options in my advanced power settings, any chance you can tell me the settings for best performance?
    Not 100% sure, just know that when you apply it it seems to take effect right away, everything in that cpl "seems" to.
    Just pay attention to what it says when you hover over the setting with your mouse.
    There's a min and max core's parked setting, if for ex you have it 100% parked sorta thing the performance blows, I couldn't even play sr3 without it being herky jerky when I did that.

    I'm not sure if I'm gonna be of much more help though so you guys might have to bench it on your own.
    i'm just depressed and thinking about taking these 3400mg of seroquel that i have in front of me so I might not be around, not sure, the only reason i'm thinking about it is because i don't wanna end up waking up after a coma again like a few months ago.

    Good luck to you all, either I'm gone or I won't be around for a few months lol ^^.

  13. #88
    Administrator andressergio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montevideo - Uruguay
    Posts
    5,442
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    This is not recommended for gaming, got BSOD on several games, turned it back to default and everything is fine now.
    Yeah I had to up vcore a bit as now it's using full Power
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

  14. #89
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    I got all these options now, and for some reason I can't change the processor performance core parking min cores to 100%, it won't let me change it from 0%.

    You dont happen to have a .reg tweak file with those, do you? I'd love that, and ofc a one to revert everything back to default. I bet all of XS will appreciate it too


    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Not 100% sure, just know that when you apply it it seems to take effect right away, everything in that cpl "seems" to.
    Just pay attention to what it says when you hover over the setting with your mouse.
    There's a min and max core's parked setting, if for ex you have it 100% parked sorta thing the performance blows, I couldn't even play sr3 without it being herky jerky when I did that.

    I'm not sure if I'm gonna be of much more help though so you guys might have to bench it on your own.
    i'm just depressed and thinking about taking these 3400mg of seroquel that i have in front of me so I might not be around, not sure, the only reason i'm thinking about it is because i don't wanna end up waking up after a coma again like a few months ago.

    Good luck to you all, either I'm gone or I won't be around for a few months lol ^^.
    And don't go. We'd miss you!
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,


    Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

  15. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43
    Neo posted it right here bud. And thanks Neo, hope everything turns out ok.


    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    What info I've piece together so far, seems as if this could be compatible with all systems, minus the nvidia stuff and such.
    The location in the registry it's self leads me to believe that it should work on my next windows install with no hassle, not sure yet though.
    This only enables the stuff in the power management cpl, from where you can adjust it manually..

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Power Management
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; High performance
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4faab71a-92e5-4726-b531-224559672d19]
    
    ;Device idle policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Hard disk
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\80e3c60e-bb94-4ad8-bbe0-0d3195efc663]
    
    ;Hard disk burst ignore time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Sleep
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\25DFA149-5DD1-4736-B5AB-E8A37B5B8187]
    
    ;Allow Away Mode Policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0]
    
    ;System unattended sleep timeout
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\A4B195F5-8225-47D8-8012-9D41369786E2]
    
    ;Allow system required policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\d4c1d4c8-d5cc-43d3-b83e-fc51215cb04d]
    
    ;Allow sleep with remote opens
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Power buttons and lid
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347\833a6b62-dfa4-46d1-82f8-e09e34d029d6]
    
    ;Enable forced button/lid shutdown
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; GPU settings
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\528259f7-7bae-4f30-8321-8afa6e155c4c\332f614f-c023-47bd-a74d-324c7fe0ae2b]
    
    ;NVIDIA Hybrid sli Graphics
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\528259f7-7bae-4f30-8321-8afa6e155c4c\332f614f-c023-47bd-a74d-324c7fe0ae2c]
    
    ;Put the discrete GPUs to sleep after
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Processor power management
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\06cadf0e-64ed-448a-8927-ce7bf90eb35d]
    
    ;Processor performance increase threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking min cores
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\1299023c-bc28-4f0a-81ec-d3295a8d815d]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization history decrease factor
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\12a0ab44-fe28-4fa9-b3bd-4b64f44960a6]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\2ddd5a84-5a71-437e-912a-db0b8c788732]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\3b04d4fd-1cc7-4f23-ab1c-d1337819c4bb]
    
    ;Allow Throttle States
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\40fbefc7-2e9d-4d25-a185-0cfd8574bac6]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\447235c7-6a8d-4cc0-8e24-9eaf70b96e2b]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking parked performance state
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\45bcc044-d885-43e2-8605-ee0ec6e96b59]
    
    ;Processor performance boost policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\465e1f50-b610-473a-ab58-00d1077dc418]
    
    ;Processor performance increase policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\4b92d758-5a24-4851-a470-815d78aee119]
    
    ;Processor idle demote threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\4d2b0152-7d5c-498b-88e2-34345392a2c5]
    
    ;Processor performance time check interval
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\5b33697b-e89d-4d38-aa46-9e7dfb7cd2f9]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity history threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\5d76a2ca-e8c0-402f-a133-2158492d58ad]
    
    ;Processor idle disable
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\68dd2f27-a4ce-4e11-8487-3794e4135dfa]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\6c2993b0-8f48-481f-bcc6-00dd2742aa06]
    
    ;Processor idle threshold scaling
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\71021b41-c749-4d21-be74-a00f335d582b]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\7b224883-b3cc-4d79-819f-8374152cbe7c]
    
    ;Processor idle promote threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\7d24baa7-0b84-480f-840c-1b0743c00f5f]
    
    ;Processor performance history count
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\8809c2d8-b155-42d4-bcda-0d345651b1db]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization weighting
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\8f7b45e3-c393-480a-878c-f67ac3d07082]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity history decrease factor
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\943c8cb6-6f93-4227-ad87-e9a3feec08d1]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking overutilization threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\984cf492-3bed-4488-a8f9-4286c97bf5aa]
    
    ;Processor performance increase time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\9ac18e92-aa3c-4e27-b307-01ae37307129]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking over utilization history threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\a55612aa-f624-42c6-a443-7397d064c04f]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking core override
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\c4581c31-89ab-4597-8e2b-9c9cab440e6b]
    
    ;Processor idle time check
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\c7be0679-2817-4d69-9d02-519a537ed0c6]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\d8edeb9b-95cf-4f95-a73c-b061973693c8]
    
    ;Processor performance decrease time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\df142941-20f3-4edf-9a4a-9c83d3d717d1]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking increase threshold
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\dfd10d17-d5eb-45dd-877a-9a34ddd15c82]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking decrease time
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\e70867f1-fa2f-4f4e-aea1-4d8a0ba23b20]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking affinity weighting
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\ea062031-0e34-4ff1-9b6d-eb1059334028]
    
    ;Processor performance core parking max cores
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Display
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\82DBCF2D-CD67-40C5-BFDC-9F1A5CCD4663]
    
    ;User annoyance timeout
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\89cc76a4-f226-4d4b-a040-6e9a1da9b882]
    
    ;NVIDIA Display Power Saving technology
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\90959d22-d6a1-49b9-af93-bce885ad335b]
    
    ;Adaptive display
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\A9CEB8DA-CD46-44FB-A98B-02AF69DE4623]
    
    ;Allow display required policy
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\aded5e82-b909-4619-9949-f5d71dac0bcc]
    
    ;Adaptive backlight
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\EED904DF-B142-4183-B10B-5A1197A37864]
    
    ;Increase adaptive timeout by
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\FBD9AA66-9553-4097-BA44-ED6E9D65EAB8]
    
    ;Enable adaptive brightness
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000	;Enabled
    ;"Attributes"=dword:00000001	;Disabled
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Last edited by Pokerface; 12-07-2011 at 12:47 AM.

  16. #91
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    608
    lol not i cant get core parking back on its always at 100% maximum frequency
    -changed ValueMax from 0 to 64 no go
    -went to advance power settings and changed processor performance core parking to 0% and 100% no go

    ????

  17. #92
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    246
    new test



    updated first post
    http://www.xtremehardware.com/

    The Best Scene of Hardware In Italy

    Follow Us And Add Me http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003658778509

  18. #93
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,650
    restore the backup you made of your registry

  19. #94
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    836
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is only beneficial for those with HT or could all multicore systems see a potential gain? Is there anything to lose by adding the update?

    Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

  20. #95
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is only beneficial for those with HT or could all multicore systems see a potential gain? Is there anything to lose by adding the update?
    For non HT and AMD processors ( apart from BD ) there is little to no gain, just keep it at stock. Although you are still free to play with whatever you need.
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,


    Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

  21. #96
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,477
    performance went down for the i3 2100 lol wut?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •