Thread: WU's

Xtreme Member

WU's

Is there a way to limit wu's to 1 instead of 2? Some of the long runs are taking me 15 hours so I miss out on the 24 hour bonus on the second one.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hi Moo ... the only way to do that is to turn your cache to be very small.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Snow Crash. I set it to .1 but it still picked up another WU, oh well.

Xtreme Member
    Well looks like everything sorted itself out, picks up the second wu when the first is about done. I have another question now. What gives the best improvement when overclocking on gpugrid. Core, memory or shaders or all three?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Shaders! And I actually downclock the cores on my GTX275s (I leave mem alone). Check Otis11's OC thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ng-Help-Thread

there's a really helpful table for OCing 200b chips. Post up in there once you settle on a stable OC for your card.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Xtreme Member
    Thank you for the link. I have been running 700/1513/1134 on both cards since they went up 4 days ago. So going by the link I am in the ballpark, tried kicking up the shader some and errored out. With 4 days of runtime I am guessing 80,000 to 90,000 average per card.

Happy Thanksgiving

Xtreme Cruncher
    What are you running Moo?

For the 2xx series, 1512 seemed to be the limit on shaders if you didn't have aftermarket cooling or voltage tweaks, so it sounds like you're good to me.

And if I can get more data on the newer cards I'll update that thread, but I don't currently have one and I can't seem to get the info.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Member
    I have 2 260's running long units and a 9800gx2 running standard units. Got these from goose last year.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    I have 2 260's running long units and a 9800gx2 running standard units. Got these from goose last year.
    Yeah, that sounds about right as far as clocks go... in order for me to get 1512 I had to put the cards in different machines, but if you got it you're good to go.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???