Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** X79-UD7 Owners Club/Discussion/Info

Xtreme Member
    My X79-UD7 also has the 6A debug code and no picture on the screen. 3930K Cpu, 16GB G.skill 2133 Mem, Silverstone ST1200 psu, Tested with TRUE cooler. Tested with one and all mem sticks. Tested other ddr3 sticks. With and without hd\ keyboard&mouse. Two graphic cards. My board doesn't beep at all if there's no mem on it. Is this also a DOA board maybe. Only thing i have not tryed is a second cpu. don't have one
    CPU: Q9650 MOBO: Asus P5E64 WS EVOLUTION PSU: OCZ MOD X STREAM 900W
    GPU: HIS HD 4870x2 Coolance Water cooling RAM: 4x1gb OCZ DDR3 Platinum 1600 7-6-6-20
    CPU COOLER: Swiftech GTZ waterblock HD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA 3,5"
    OPTICAL: Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7203S CASE: Nexus NZXT

I am Xtreme
    Can you get into the BIOS? at all?

BTW for those of you with 6A, make sure the OC button on the back isn't pressed, it caused issues for me when i didn't know it was pressed.

Xtreme Member
    No i don't get a picture att all. Have seen lot's of people with doa boards and having them go up inn smoke. Looks like it's one with to many problems..
    The button is not pressed inn, it's sticking out. Tested with both bios options on the back... Guess i'll have to rma it..
    GPU: HIS HD 4870x2 Coolance Water cooling RAM: 4x1gb OCZ DDR3 Platinum 1600 7-6-6-20

I am Xtreme
    yea go for it, it sounds like it might be DOA. you should try to contact GB support and fill out a ticket, maybe they have some sort of suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by M40TURBO View Post
    My X79-UD7 also has the 6A debug code and no picture on the screen. 3930K Cpu, 16GB G.skill 2133 Mem, Silverstone ST1200 psu, Tested with TRUE cooler. Tested with one and all mem sticks. Tested other ddr3 sticks. With and without hd\ keyboard&mouse. Two graphic cards. My board doesn't beep at all if there's no mem on it. Is this also a DOA board maybe. Only thing i have not tryed is a second cpu. don't have one

This issuse with the 6A on the debug code, is present also on my MB. Try to hold the clear-Cmos button, and leave the MB to reset by itself (4-6 times) and after that you will be able to enter the Bios.. It`s somethink with the bios, that is not working .....

I am Xtreme
    yea then go in the BIOS if you can and disable ratio change in OS. I don't get this error like you guys are and I don't know why.

GBorrelli
    Glad to hear there might be a fix should I get another 6A board...

Has anyone managed to setup RAID 0 on Win 7 64 bit? My buddy recently got stuff in and Win 7 keeps ting on his RAID drivers.

Xtreme Member
    Well so far it hasn't worked for me. Cleared cmos with button on the back for 10sec. With power connected and without. It started up, but didn't reboot it self?? How long should you have to wait?
    Tested with taking out the battery for a few min, and doing the jumper option now. Even connected a speaker to check if i got any beeps. Nothing yet. Going to remove mem to see if it will make any noise..
    Guess it's going to bee rma'd

GBorrelli
    Sorry to hear it mang. Hopefully you don't get screwed on he RMA like I did. I've never had a problem with newegg before, but when I RMA'd the board... they didn't have anymore in stock so they gave me a refund. In the process the ninja'd the $55 bundle discount I had gotten for buying a 3930K with the board. They also made me pay to ship the board back... so basically they f!@ked me outta $75. Re-ordered from Tigerdirect. Let's see how this one turns out...

take me to the manbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramguy View Post
    This issuse with the 6A on the debug code, is present also on my MB. Try to hold the clear-Cmos button, and leave the MB to reset by itself (4-6 times) and after that you will be able to enter the Bios.. It`s somethink with the bios, that is not working .....
    this helped for me too.

but everytime i fail an OC, i have to wait about 10 times before i get back into bios. So until this error is fixed, this will be a very tough board to OC

I am Xtreme
    mine resets if the OC fails within 3-4 times, if i see nothing on the POST code display i clear the CMOS with the jumper( i dislike having the button on the backpanel, so i hook up a button the jumper and hold it), then i will get POST codes, it will cycle 1 or 2 times then go into the BIOS, but it will freeze and restart and then be fine, it is the cycle i go through. maybe using the jumper is better than the button?
    (

5alive
    i have the 6A code to. no bios bootup, no screen.

what i found out:
    when i remove the cpu cooler and then start my system, it boots on the first or second time. later on the runnig cpu, i hookt the cooler on. i was able to install win7. but everytime i start the pc with mounted cooler, it wont boot and show me the 6A.
    i updatet the bios to F4 and disabled "ratio change in OS". but this dident help!

i watercool my i7 3930k with the XSPC Raystorm. does anybody else use this block? maybe there ist some magnetic radiation going out of this pice and interferes with the mb?

Xtreme Member
    I am using XSPC RASA and what i have noticed is if you tigthen the screw too much , it will give you no post or that 6a. SO what i have done is just try to feel if the screws are tight enough to have a good contact on the processor and no problem after that

On my old 6A issue, i encountered that on a 3960x, after getting a 3930K, no 6A so far.

What I hated the most on my board is the @BIOS is not properly working while it is working pretty well on the ud3 that I also have. I am using the flashing utility in the BIOS to update my main BIOS.

@SIN ...do you think it will be ok if I have the same BIOS on main and backup? so that if in case something bad happen, the backup will update the main to the latest bios and I dont need to do reflash of the main BIOS

I am Xtreme
    bartman that is totally fine, I actually do that sometimes unless there is a previous BIOS that clocks something better. I think its no harm having them the same, maybe it is even better.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    i have the 6A code to. no bios bootup, no screen.

what i found out:
    when i remove the cpu cooler and then start my system, it boots on the first or second time. later on the runnig cpu, i hookt the cooler on. i was able to install win7. but everytime i start the pc with mounted cooler, it wont boot and show me the 6A.
    i updatet the bios to F4 and disabled "ratio change in OS". but this dident help!

i watercool my i7 3930k with the XSPC Raystorm. does anybody else use this block? maybe there ist some magnetic radiation going out of this pice and interferes with the mb?
    can you stable with defaults setting with the XSPC ?
    if can, whats your current setting?

HiCookie

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman1973 View Post
    I am using XSPC RASA and what i have noticed is if you tigthen the screw too much , it will give you no post or that 6a. SO what i have done is just try to feel if the screws are tight enough to have a good contact on the processor and no problem after that

On my old 6A issue, i encountered that on a 3960x, after getting a 3930K, no 6A so far.

What I hated the most on my board is the @BIOS is not properly working while it is working pretty well on the ud3 that I also have. I am using the flashing utility in the BIOS to update my main BIOS.

@SIN ...do you think it will be ok if I have the same BIOS on main and backup? so that if in case something bad happen, the backup will update the main to the latest bios and I dont need to do reflash of the main BIOS
    Certain BIOS don't like @BIOS while others do, make sure you're running the latest F4 BIOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    Yup am using f4 now on both my main and my backup bios. have seen in the thread that this is the best bios so far

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman1973 View Post
    Yup am using f4 now on both my main and my backup bios. have seen in the thread that this is the best bios so far
    Dear All,

F4 soon be update at official wesbite
    here is the updating logs of those official bios version

1.Improve C2 Stepping CPU micro code
    2.Fix voltages with gear ratio of 1.25x or higher
    3.Improve Memory above 2133MHz stability
    5.Improve Load line calibration
    6.Update Intel LAN PXE ROM version
    7.Fix OTP of X79UD5 in 3D Power
    8.Fix S3 resume compatiblity of X79UD7 with some Power Suplies
    9.Fix OTP of G1.Assassin2 DDR channel A/B/C/D
    10.Patch i73930 C1 stepping for stability

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hicookie View Post
    Dear All,

F4 soon be update at official wesbite
    here is the updating logs of those official bios version

1.Improve C2 Stepping CPU micro code
    2.Fix voltages with gear ratio of 1.25x or higher
    3.Improve Memory above 2133MHz stability
    5.Improve Load line calibration
    6.Update Intel LAN PXE ROM version
    7.Fix OTP of X79UD5 in 3D Power
    8.Fix S3 resume compatiblity of X79UD7 with some Power Suplies
    9.Fix OTP of G1.Assassin2 DDR channel A/B/C/D
    10.Patch i73930 C1 stepping for stability
    You can add another one from my own personal experience..

11. Fixes USB 3.0 controller hard lock issue
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    You can add another one from my own personal experience..

11. Fixes USB 3.0 controller hard lock issue
    Thanks!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vmanuelgm View Post
    Hello people.

Received today morning the board ud7. Made setup, entered to windows and then flashed to new bios f4 through qflash.

After flashing, the pc restarted and started to show a screen saying system unstable because of overclocking. I had all in auto without any overclocking, but memory timings and voltage to 1.655.

After three times saying the same, the system at last started to load windows, but suddenly the pc was in fire, with smoke coming from it.

Opened the case and saw 4 cpu phases burned out. I have just contacted my reseller to make a rma. Meanwhile I am using again the rampage iv. I have been lucky cos the other components are safe.

So, first impression of the board, VERY VERY BAD....

Regards from Spain.
    Do you have pictures of the burt board? and can you message where you RMA the board.
    and last, you did overclocking before flash the bios, and whats the settings?
    thank you for provide those informations

HiCookie

6A is a pure UD7 problem with some CPU :-/

Quote Originally Posted by JZ58 View Post
    6A is a pure UD7 problem with some CPU :-/
    I'm another user with 6A issue. Just got this motherboard for review and it just won't boot, looks like it also doesn't like ES chips .
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 3.8 GHz, 400x9.5, 1.34V
    MOBO: Asus P5W DH Deluxe Rev 1.04G, BIOS 2801
    RAM: 2x1GB Team Group Xtreem Dark DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-12 @ 1000 MHz, 2.1V
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 4770 512 MB CF @ 825/4200 MHz, 1.1V
    HDD: Seagate ST380012ACE, Seagate ST3160815A
    DVD-RAM: Samsung SH-S182D
    PSU: Pentagram Silent Force CAV-620-A12S

new bios comes with intel patch

UD7-T4c BIOS is OK

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
    I'm another user with 6A issue. Just got this motherboard for review and it just won't boot, looks like it also doesn't like ES chips .
    Its fine with my C0 ES. It seems to only be on a few boards, I don't seem to get the error.

BTW when OCing with the GB boards, if you want to OC the BLCK dividers, please set the BLCK+ dividers first and then goto your other settings.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast