I'm looking at buying a new XPS 15 in the coming month due to my beast desktop dying and moving away from home so I want something more decent than my cheap Dell ATG D620 that I use for work. I'm going through the options and I get a discount through member services with my gym (no much at all, but better than nothing) so here's my situation. I've been out of the game for years and getting back into it is hard. Depending on how much of my old computer stuff I can sell my budget is around $1,200 shipped.
1. I'm moving to Arizona in December so I will be away from my family which is why im leaning towards the skype certified webcam.
2. BD Drive: Would the $100 Blu-Ray drive be worth it? This question links to the screen concern
3. Display: I would like the 1920x1200 screen (i love high res) for gaming and movies , but is that a good option with the blu-ray?
4. Graphics: I'd like to play MW2, Battlefield 3, any new game out pretty much. Is the 525M gonna be able to handle them or go for the 540M?
5. Memory: I surf around a lot, multitask way too much, is 6GB gonna cut it or jump to 8GB?
6. Warranty: Worth upgrading over the standard 1 year? I'm not going to abuse it but I plan to have it for a few years and stuff can happen
Other options i'm sure of include the backlit keyboard, JBL sound option, Intel i5 2430M or i5 2520M depending on which configuration I go with, and the 9-cell battery. Thats all I can think of for now. Any current owners with pros/cons, regrets, etc will be welcomed