Thread: Why does my 2600k's Turbo go up to 3.8ghz when ALL cores are being loaded @ DEFAULT?

Why does my 2600k's Turbo go up to 3.8ghz when ALL cores are being loaded @ DEFAULT?

Everything is at stock speeds and settings right now in the BIOS. Yet, instead of only clocking up to 3.5ghz, which is the default turbo speed when all cores are under load, it goes to 3.8ghz when ALL cores are loaded.

That isn't right, am I correct? Both my previous 2600k didn't do this, yet, I don't know what to do because everything is left at STOCK settings in the BIOS.

The normal Turbo speed for the 2600k when the 4 cores and 8 threads are under load is 3.5ghz. 3.8ghz is the Turbo speed for single threaded load, correct? Then something is wrong with mine.

What gives?
    Last edited by PanicProne; 11-17-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Banned
    Your blowing up a lot of hardware, are you by any chance using a QTEC PSU lol!

3.8GHZ is correct because Asus Bios by default sets to "ALL CORES"!

I did not know 3.5GHZ was even in the equation and cant be bothered to go and look it up just now.

I think you should just let it run and forget it or you will end up with more dead hardware!

A 2600K is 3.4GHZ and 3.8GHZ Turbo, nothing else is mentioned in reviews!
    Last edited by humeyboy; 11-16-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by humeyboy View Post
    Your blowing up a lot of hardware, are you by any chance using a QTEC PSU lol!

3.8GHZ is correct because Asus Bios by default sets to "ALL CORES"!

I did not know 3.5GHZ was even in the equation and cant be bothered to go and look it up just now.

I think you should just let it run and forget it or you will end up with more dead hardware!

A 2600K is 3.4GHZ and 3.8GHZ Turbo, nothing else is mentioned in rwevoews!
    Thanks mate, but I'm not the one blowing up the hardware.

Anyway, you prolly didn't read it all, I'm using a Corsair TX650 since March. So, it's not the PSU.
    Last edited by PanicProne; 11-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Banned
    I did read your thread completely but seen no mention of PSU and added a joke about QTEC PSU's (in case you do not know are a joke)!

Any PSU even a good branded brand new one can be bad,so needs to be checked out.

If you really did read it, then you know I had a different PSU each time my hardware died. In fact, I got my Corsair in March just to rule out a previous bad PSU.
    Last edited by PanicProne; 11-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    Bit late and eyes are tired at 2:22am GMT mate and DID NOT see the hyperlink as I normally do not mouse over text to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by humeyboy View Post
    Bit late and eyes are tired at 2:22am GMT mate!
    I get ya
    Last edited by PanicProne; 11-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    There is also a lot of DOA Z68 ROG's like I had 1st time around!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
    My new 2600k has arrived, along with my new P8P67 Evo, who had both died about one month ago for the second time, with no apparent reason. (More on that later, and all ASUS P67 users should beware as I will explain in a new thread).

Everything is at stock speeds and settings right now in the BIOS. Yet, instead of only clocking up to 3.5ghz, which is the default turbo speed when all cores are under load, it goes to 3.8ghz when ALL cores are loaded.

That isn't right, am I correct? Both my previous 2600k didn't do this, yet, I don't know what to do because everything is left at STOCK settings in the BIOS.

The normal Turbo speed for the 2600k when the 4 cores and 8 threads are under load is 3.5ghz. 3.8ghz is the Turbo speed for single threaded load, correct? Then something is wrong with mine.

What gives?
    Did you change the memory speed from 1066/1333 to 1600 or higher? Also, please PM me with your RMA case numbers and current serial numbers on the EVO board and 2600K.
    Why do people claim to know something they do not and then write about it.