Thread: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series vs Antec vs Corsair units

Xtreme Member

Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series vs Antec vs Corsair units

A quick question on behalf of some of my friends, although I am fairly sure I know the answer. What product is the superior one and why? The H2O-X20 Edge HD Series by Swiftech or those other units by Antec and Corsair?

I believe the Swiftech unit is still a self contained unit that has the advantage of larger piping, more powerful pumps, higher flow rate, superior CPU blocks and has the ability to later on upgrade cooling to other components if so desired.

Don't know much about water cooling myself, and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Guru
    But of course edge will outperform by far asetec (& it's clones like corsair's). You even mentioned most factors by which it's better, to which you can add better performing rad (and from copper/brass unlike aluminium rads of those kits, so you can use more efficient distilled instead of anticorrosive premixes), and upon that rad can be even of more sections/area. It depends on who is comparing/naming them though, as at some forums i've seen edge like kits from vendor preselected normal LC components distinguished from those integrated kits.
    In general, integrated kits like from corsair/asetec are somewhat less performing then top air coolers like thermalright archon and alikes, so imho those should be used only for cases when you don't have enough allowance upon CPU socket for full size top air cooler. If you wish quieter or better cooling, then self picked or these vendor preassembled kits from better components are way to go.
    Those will cost more though and you shouldn't expect miracles if you decide to skimp on rad area. LC wins over air by ease of rad addition/extending with using which you can get better or quieter cooling (as air coolers are severly limited by max dimensions/size and weight). But if you limit rads to something like 1x120, which are smaller then fins part of top air coolers of these days, them miracle won't happen as physics cannot be fooled - with smaller rad just because it's LC it won't cool better, even if components used are better then in those budget asetek/corsair kits.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks guys :-)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Do the Swiftech units come with Coolant? Or must one buy that separately? If so, is there any specific coolant for these one would recommend?

[Edit]
    Nvm, just found the included parts list :-)
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 11-16-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Addict
    Just plain distilled water is all you really need. You can add your own dye or antibacterial / corrosive concentrates in if you like, but I don't and don't have any issues.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What Cedric said. If you stay away from UV lights bling, have an all copper loop (which the Edge is) plain distilled is just fine.
    Asrock Extreme 4 | 2600K | 16G G Skill | Powercolor LCS 7970 | PCP&C 910 Silencer | Crucial C300 + Intel X-25V + Raptors | D-Tek Fusion v2 | Swiftech MCR Drive 360 | HP LP2475

Xtreme Member
    Awesome.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Antec & Corsair Stuff = VW
    Swiftech Set = BMW or Mercedes
    ... custom set= maybach or RR )
    i think to, swiftech is better choice. more power, less noise.

Xtreme Member
    is the swiftech a "some assembly required" kit type product? or is it an all-in-one preassembled? i thought it was the kit type - and as such may influence the decision? (note: i could be wrong)

edit: NM - i was wrong. it is an all-in-one. but as everyone else has already said - it is definately the better/best choice for this type of W/C'ing
    Last edited by bds71; 11-17-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    i7 3930@4.5GHz (EK Supreme HF), GTX690@1.2GHz (Koolance NX-690), 128G 4M + 2x128G 4M raid 0, Silverstone TJ07, Custom Enclosure w/MoRa, 18x GT AP-31, 401X2 dual PMP-400