Thread: Project: DimasTech Mini

Xtreme Enthusiast

Project: DimasTech Mini

Hello Guys, some time ago a friend here at Xs suggested to make a new table starting from his little renders and ideas, that idea basicly was to take a normal Easy Table and make it littler, more efficent and removing the watercooling addons, that table in the end like suggested is not related to wc stuff but more related to offices/labs/reviewers and all people that does not need wc but a compact, easy to assemble and to use platform...

down here you can see the pics of the render done from Friend here at XS ( i promised him the first sample...and this will be done, once first arrive )

that was the earlier render to Suggest the way to go...and from this we go to another end...i will resume some specs and final pics will be ready very soon...

-supporting 2 x 5,25" drive 3 x 3,5" drive (optional one more) 1 ssd or 1 hd 3,5" in "On The Fly" use
    -motherboards up to 4 way sli
    -psu up to 220 mm long
    -rear cpu hole
    -light weight
    -6 custom powder coating color
    -no need the Use of Hand Tool...all parts and screws have knurl
    -25mm High Spacers for High Air circulation under Motherboards
    -1 FlexFan 120 V2.0 included
    -noise dumping antivibration mounting
    -EasyGo Fastener for the Motherboard ( check here for more specs: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...syGo-Fasteners)
    - and many other features that i'm sure first reviewers will discover...

more to come in next 1-2 weeks...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    first Prototype pics

ok, now we're showing the first prototype, it still need some modification to fit perfectly all what we wanted inside...but as you can see we're near to Final Version, i cannot say right now any period will be available, but soon,
    it can support 3 + 1 on the side 3,5"
    2 5,25" units
    1 ssd o the side

all supports are totali removable, dont' need any to rotate the table to unlock the Supports, psu is on directly on the Body of table...

new redefined design for the down tray, same shape of the body...(in this prototype need 3mm of adjusting) and dimensions...this is really really little 370 lenght x 320 Depth x 145 heigth ( still on defining, to house better supports)

vga handled same way as the easy and hard, but better mounting...back hole on the motherboard, as asked from many customers

on the side, it's possible to use " on the fly" 1 hd 3,5" or 1 ssd 2,5", will not show how it work, but i think most of all of us understands...

for any feedback...pls post, i've to say that re-design final version is almost done, but of course not yet in production, so any other tips that can take this product to higher level, is kind appreciated

I am Xtreme
    will the r4e and bigbang2 fit?

I still remember when this was suggested, it's great to see it come to reality.

What's the colour in post #2 called? It's awesome!
    Do you think the production version will be finished until the the middle of February?

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    I still remember when this was suggested, it's great to see it come to reality.

What's the colour in post #2 called? It's awesome!
    Do you think the production version will be finished until the the middle of February?
    it's RAL 1028, melon yellow, actually i'm waiting for the 2nd prototype with some of the modification i mention in first post, if i have to make a forecast, i'm more for the end of February

Quote Originally Posted by Dimas View Post
    it's RAL 1028, melon yellow, actually i'm waiting for the 2nd prototype with some of the modification i mention in first post, if i have to make a forecast, i'm more for the end of February
    I like that colour a lot, I searched for it and on some pictures it looked a lot more like orange, which I don't like, but here it's perfect. The supports look like matte black, right? Will there be an option for glossy black as well?

Take your time and make it perfect. The end of February is still good enough for my birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    I like that colour a lot, I searched for it and on some pictures it looked a lot more like orange, which I don't like, but here it's perfect. The supports look like matte black, right? Will there be an option for glossy black as well?

Take your time and make it perfect. The end of February is still good enough for my birthday...
    supports are matte black, actually glossy is out of our production but as usual, or request it's possible to make, will be waiting for the end of february

Xtreme Enthusiast
    after some late delivery of screws and new antivib parts we're ready to take pre-orders.

color in stock is gonna be white glossy/ matt black / metal grey / red glossy/ glossy yellow like demo one and Blue glossy

Xtreme Enthusiast

we're waiting for the first delivery of Mini Table...was too anxius so i give a try also with a little experiment in Aluminum...still need to joint the front and rear strengthening parts, and than anodizing, what color suggested for try the anodizing ?

Xtreme Member
    Black anodized alu is the best, IMO.

It looks really compact! Nice job!

Administrator
    My full sized table is black and I wish I had gotten a different color after all this time I have had it, dust really shows up on it and its a pain to clean. Not that a different color would help the dust problem here in the central valley of california, it would just mean I could go longer before I felt compelled to clean it LOL.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Really pleased this exists, nice and compact.

I recently rebuilt my bench table and it looks a bit similar to yours, but made of wood (but I only just saw this thread)

Great minds think alike
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.