Thread: NeverWet

Xtreme Member

NeverWet

Awesome technology watch the videos specially on the electronics.

At Ross Nanotechnology, we have developed a super hydrophobic coating that completely repels water and heavy oils. Any object coated with our NeverWet™ coating literally cannot be touched by liquid. Any liquid placed on this coating is repelled and simply rolls off without touching the underlying surface. Not only is this amazing to see, but it solves a myriad of problems.
    site link

World Champion - IRONMODS
    I'm surprized there hasn't been more discussion....this looks very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    Awesome technology watch the videos specially on the electronics.

site link
    unable to see it... any other videos? (still browsing the site)
    dual 360 rads on lianli A05NB worklog : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=259066

Xtreme Legend
    I have loads of uses for this, not just as conformal coating... Price? availability? those are my only real questions

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Member
    im just a little confused on how this applies to watercooling. wouldnt this product interfere with the thermal characteristics of a liquid?

Xtreme Member
    This would be great for coating mobos and circuitboards, so if you have a leak it wouldn't short anything.
    phenom 2 940 stock
    gskill 4gb 1066 ddr2
    2 1.5Tb seagate hds in raid 0
    30gb ocz core series hd for os
    8800gts 640
    xigamatek 850w ps
    water cooling cpu: dtek fuzion 2, swiftech 320, 3 ultra kazes, d5 with detroit top
    custom acrylic case in progress :P

Xtreme Member
    creating waterproof (or water-resistant) stuff from nearly anything with just spray can??? where to sign???
    *cut finger for blood*

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by jakefalcons View Post
    This would be great for coating mobos and circuitboards, so if you have a leak it wouldn't short anything.
    yeah its called vasoline.... we've used it for many years on phase and LN2.
    Guys like Gautam, have a system down to where cleanup is even easy for them when they cake on the vasoline.

sorry i had to say it...

This product is FAIL for us tho.... without any hydrophillic interaction with water you cant do heat transfers.
    And with water being naturally non conductive until you get it contaminated... well, dont contaminate your coolant instead of spending god knows how many dollars protecting your other EQ and possibly hindering heat transfer though the coating.

Meh... reminds me of tony and his journey with graphite..
    He learned very quickly how much hydrophobic material SUCKS in our hobby. :X
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't see how this is any different from the silicone gell and other grease we already slather onto the boards when doing LN2 cooling?
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    I don't see how this is any different from the silicone gell and other grease we already slather onto the boards when doing LN2 cooling?
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    yeah its called vasoline.... we've used it for many years on phase and LN2.
    Guys like Gautam, have a system down to where cleanup is even easy for them when they cake on the vasoline.

sorry i had to say it...

Yeah... thats why i scratched my head too.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

I am Xtreme
    How the hell is this product different from conformal coating(<link), a product which has been on the market for quite a while now?

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....formal+coating
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    This technology has been around for a long time. It is very cool and does have some great uses.

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370
    3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC's Watercooled--> Koolance VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, Liang D5 Vario
    Koolance RP-45X2 Reservoir
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
    16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
    1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Dell 3007 WFP-HC
    Z-5500's
    Windows 7 64bit

Xtreme Addict
    This stuff is different because it actively pushes the water off... their term "superhydrophobic". In other terms, vasoline would insulate a board, but the water would sit on top of the vasoline. If this stuff were applied (which would be very hard, considering you can't figure out where you've applied it), the water would more actively be repelled. This isn't a viable solution, however, because it doesn't search for the edges of the board, it would probably end up repelling the water underneath a PCI slot or something.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

PI in the face
    My thoughts where to put this on top of conformal coating and benching ln2 with the board slightly slanted bottom up?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Addict
    Would there be any advantages in coating the inside of tubing with this stuff?
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

I want it on my car
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Put it on the windshield and you've got RainX
    Put it on your clothes and you have... whatever product already does that.
    Put it on ice-blocks in Minecraft, and you have a track to throw stuff down :P
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're searching for goretex I believe.

This stuff is different because it actively pushes the water off... their term "superhydrophobic". In other terms, vasoline would insulate a board, but the water would sit on top of the vasoline. If this stuff were applied (which would be very hard, considering you can't figure out where you've applied it), the water would more actively be repelled. This isn't a viable solution, however, because it doesn't search for the edges of the board, it would probably end up repelling the water underneath a PCI slot or something.
    Silicone gell + angle the board does the same thing.

Would there be any advantages in coating the inside of tubing with this stuff?
    Nope
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +