Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G.SKILL RipJawsZ 19200 :D

Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    Any words in using 1T, will it work ?
    nothing change in performance using 1t and no 16gb memrories run much better with 2T.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    nothing change in performance using 1t and no 16gb memrories run much better with 2T.
    Nice to know! But I guess I'll be running 4x2Gb Gskill Pi's Cl6 2000 , I'll try to go for 2400 cl8. I know they do 2200 cl7 with 1.67v in P67.

Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    Nice to know! But I guess I'll be running 4x2Gb Gskill Pi's Cl6 2000 , I'll try to go for 2400 cl8. I know they do 2200 cl7 with 1.67v in P67.
    with that PSC ICs u have there you can get higher on X79, they OC better on X79, have fun with ur PSCs.

Ripjaw-Z 2400MHz run at CL9-11-10-28-1T

SuperPI 32M,

HyperPI 32M,

2424MHz, CL9-11-10-28-1T

2448MHz, CL9-11-10-28-1T

Xtreme Guru

scythe orochi and ramsinks dont mix. I need to take this off so I can get the hyperx kits off. I just wanted you guys to see what I got. As far as clocks go I need to get them installed first and to do that I need to dismount and remount the cpu cooler. Looks like the ic's are correct. No funny stuff on gskill's part. these are the hynixBFR ive never seen ics marked like this before with the slashes and circles. I feel better after seeing the ics that gskill didnt pull a kingston move. the ics are the same as the more expensive kits. looking at the markings circles and slash marks. are they binning the ics independently before they go on the pcb? Ive never seen marks on the individual ic's before. I always thought they picked ics with the same id and soldered them on and then binned each dimm. do they binn each ic and then solder them? If so then I can see why a kit cost 600 bux. that is a ton of work. anyone who wants to explain the whole process please tell me because I always thought it was soldering random ics on a pcb and then the dimms were binned and the ones that dont make the cut go in cheaper kits. but after seeing those marks on individual ics. it looks like they are binning each ic then gathering the best ones and soldering them on. that seems like a double edge sword. you get the best ics on and already know what group they go on instead of randomly picking ics and one doesnt meet the expectations and throw them in the cheap bin. you waste less binning each ic but then again it must be very time consuming.

you take a football team and take each player and see what they are capable of and then put them in the team or you take the same guys put them in a team and see if they win a game after you made the team. if they lose you toss the whole team and start over. it takes more time to see if each individual player can perform rather than just making new teams and hoping they can perform. I always thought binning was the later method.
    Last edited by trans am; 11-22-2011 at 07:40 PM.

XIP
    Imo, they bought the ram module (pcb and ics) in quantity then binned and SPDed based on how high each module can go with stock 1.65V

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    Imo, they bought the ram module (pcb and ics) in quantity then binned and SPDed based on how high each module can go with stock 1.65V
    so its like I always thought make the team and if they lose you start over and pick a new team? I just saw those ic markings and thought they found some way to bin ics before making a stick. thats the least of my worries. I have the super in my building telling me I brought bedbugs into our building and I havent been anywhere that could bring them in. the only thing I can think of is I buy used hardware and crap off ebay sometimes and maybe that brought them in. If anyone has ever experienced bedbugs before then you know they are a pain in the ass to annihilate. they are so hard to get rid that some have committed suicide or committed arson because they cannot get rid of them. its a huge problem in nyc. I want to see what these dimms are capable of but I have the exterminators coming over at 11am tomorrow and I need to disconnect my rig so I can move my desk off the wall so they can spray behind it. Dumo I wish you were here to help me man. I could really use your organizational skills and massive brain right now. This has become such a pain in my ass that I can't even think about seriously benching. Ive been wearing the same clothes for a month because everything I own is quarantined in heavy duty bags. I know we were supposed to bench our bulldozer rigs on ln2 but I cant even have anyone over because I dont want them to catch the bedbugs and go through what I am going through. I need to toss my nice leather couch, my bed, bedframe, etc, etc. to make matters worse I have all these hardware boxes and mobo boxes I keep and who knows. the average joe can just toss everything out or put in a bag but as a guy that benches you know all the crap you collect over time and mobo boxes and crap you cant toss. my dewar, they will prob think its something to cook meth in. the super in my bldg came in here once to unclog the drain and I was in the middle of redoing my w/c setup and he asked what it was. I told him it was a time machine and I was trying to get back to 1955. once I was rolling the 35l taylorwharton in on my skateboard and he asked what it was and I said it was a water purifier and it was smoking because I was using reverse osmosis purification. Its hard explaining this crap the the masses that dont get it. I know you guys understand. Once I was on the way back from the ln2 place on the west side hwy and the dewar in the back and this cop thought I was taliban. I cranked up the AC/DC and told him I was trying to set a wr on clarksdale and if he wanted to follow me I had some beers at home. That cop was rad because he just said "if you are listening to ac/dc and drinking beer then you are the last of my worries and he ended up pulling over this 60 yo woman in a lexus for speeding. My point is be glad you dont have to deal with this crap. watch what you buy used, throw the boxes out asap. dont get the bedbugs, listen to ac/dc preff bon scott.

I took the hyperx kits off and put these gskils in and couldnt post. I reset the bios and tried until I had to set it all at defaults. I need to get my raid card off this so I can focus. when I boot in and post the raid bios kicks in and it takes forever. Lemme get this bedbug crap out of the way and then I can focus. maybe dumo can come over and we can try these together after all this crap blows over. I'll pay for the ln2. lemme get my apt clear and then you can crash here over the weekend. maybe sell your bulldozer in the meantime and get one of these x79 rigs in the meantime. hey can anyone with x79 confirm cold bugs like sandybridge or are we clear now?
    Last edited by trans am; 11-22-2011 at 09:12 PM.

LOL trans AM u are really fast and cool like ur nickname is it a newsletter ?

Xtreme Guru
    LOL trans AM u are really fast and cool like ur nickname is it a newsletter ?
    lol i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or serious. either one is cool with me. I'm sorry I wrote so much crap. It might as well be a newsletter.

Thumbs up

Anyone have tested the 2133 CL9 16GB kit? I'm thinking getting one of those kit, but dont know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentaro View Post
    Anyone have tested the 2133 CL9 16GB kit? I'm thinking getting one of those kit, but dont know how it works.
    not very strong Hynix on 2133 kits but they are still ok for low price quad channel memories...CL11 is 134eu and CL9 costs 144eu in memoryC

hey guys, i also wanna share some results with three different G.SKILL RipjawsZ Kits:

G.Skill RipJawsZ DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-19200U CL11-11-11-31 (DDR3-2400) (F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD)

DDR3-2400 11-11-11-31 @ 1,50v

DDR3-2400 11-11-11-31 @ stunning 1,40v

DDR3-2400 9-11-10-28 @ 1,65v

DDR3-2540 9-11-10-28 @ 1,72v

DDR-2600 11-12-11-31 @ 1,70v

IMC limited, i guess.

G.Skill RipJawsZ DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-17066U CL9-11-10-28 (DDR3-2133) (F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH)

DDR3-2133 9-11-10-28 @ 1,55v

DDR3-2400 10-12-10-28 @ 1,65v

DDR3-2500 11-12-11-31 @ 1,70v

G.Skill RipJawsZ DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1600) (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL)

DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 @ 1,45v

DDR3-1866 10-10-10-28 @ 1,6v

DDR3-1960 10-11-10-28 @ 1,65v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok, so what's the trick to getting 2400 to run on this platform? I'm hitting a brick wall around 2370. I have sticks capable of well over 2400 (old Pi 2400 / 9-11-9-24) and simply can't get it to boot at 2400. I've tried increasing VCCSA upto 1.35v and both the 100 & 125 straps. I have to be missing something, or my memory controller just isn't up to the task, which I hope is not the case considering I'm seeing quite a few people getting 2400+.

What am I missing?

EDIT - This is on a RIVE w/ 3960X.

EDIT II - I see there is a guide with some extra tricks. I shall try that too.
    Last edited by hokiealumnus; 11-30-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Guru
    I put the bulldozer rig on ebay. I'm getting back in the cool kids club. I want what he's having.
    Dumo I dont know about you but ive had it with the amd bulldozer rig, ln2 or not It was a waste of money and its going on ebay tonight.
    I know I bought it for ln2 session but I never insulated it and just used it as my main rig for the last month and its crap. I cant run this gskill ram on it and my vid encoding is like twice as long. my gaming fps is half. i just want this thing out of my apt.
    Last edited by trans am; 11-30-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Admin
    Thank you to Mojo family for letting me share this thread.

not very strong Hynix on 2133 kits but they are still ok for low price quad channel memories...CL11 is 134eu and CL9 costs 144eu in memoryC
    This is a quick test to see if the 2133 CL9 kit can also do 2400. The answer is yes and I know they can do higher but I don't have screen shots now. I got this kit at Newegg for $179. I'm not sure if they are still in stock but I wanted to post this up just incase some of you were wondering about them.

Motherboard is Rampage IV Formula which is a dream. I've only had a short time to work with the board because I just got the ram and I'm a slow learner. As we all know the Corsiar 1200 PSU is a hog and takes care of the voltage needs.
    Thank you to Asus, Corsair, gSkills. All great people with great products.

I know my Spi score sucks, but that's not the point here. I'll keep at it.

UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

that's great man thx for tests..

yes the 2133C9 are performing quite well, also 11-12-11 DDR-2500 is possible

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicidePhoenix View Post
    yes the 2133C9 are performing quite well, also 11-12-11 DDR-2500 is possible
    I have that same 2133 c9 $179 kit I bought for bulldozer but had really bad luck. I sold the bulldozer setup and now back on my previous x58 rig. I have the 4 x4gb in eventhough this is tri channel. I'll do some tests on x58 for you guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123