Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noctua Announces The NF-F12 "Focused Flow" Fan

Xtreme Member

Noctua Announces The NF-F12 "Focused Flow" Fan

Teaming up eleven stator guide vanes with a specially conceived seven blade impeller, the NF-F12’s Focused Flow™ system creates outstanding static pressure and focuses the airflow for superior performance on heatsinks and radiators. At the same time, a wide range of advanced aerodynamic design measures, second generation SSO-Bearings and Noctua’s new, custom designed PWM IC for fully automatic control guarantee astounding quietness of operation. The NF-F12 comes with modular cabling, integrated anti-vibration pads and two speed settings for full flexibility. Its commanding performance, exhaustive set of features and Noctua’s trusted premium quality make it an elite choice for use on air coolers, radiators and other pressure demanding applications.
    http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...s_id=42&lng=en

cant wait for a review of these. Wink, wink martin

Xtreme Addict
    that is the most intense fan ever. it looks like a terminator. I hope it doesn't kill me. I trust noctua.

Xtreme Addict
    Why do they stick to that stupid color scheme?
    I just hate it.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    I just hate it.
    Tha's classy. You see it and you know is Noctua, just like the red of a Ferrari lol
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

c[_]
    ... I think they've been reading my posts and mind. Awesome

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    it seem to have everything in it. 24.99$ ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just hate it.
    So true. Their fans are amid the ugliest out there.

Xtreme Addict
    I quite like the colours.... It's strange because really they're ugly... but it's branding like ferrari! And with the right setup, they blend in nicely
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Champion
    Ugly and beautifull is a thing of taste. I personally like Noctua fans, and I think this new one looks great. That does not make it beautifull, I just like it. More important, I think it has a specific target which they were lacking in the previous offerings.
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Addict
    I like them too, and love both my P12's and S12's, it wouldn't mind getting two of these ;D

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    Ugly and beautifull is a thing of taste. I personally like Noctua fans, and I think this new one looks great. That does not make it beautifull, I just like it. More important, I think it has a specific target which they were lacking in the previous offerings.
    This ^
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

c[_]
    Just paint them if you dont like the color.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Just paint them if you dont like the color.
    And mess with the "Inner Surface Microstructures"??! I THINK NOT!

Yeah actually I'm wary of whether that's science or marketing on the product page. I suspect its overhyped science. And I wonder how many reviewers would have the balls to say "its not much quieter than it used to be, at the same cfm/static pressure/whatnot"
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Today: "MPAA threatens to disconnect Google from the Internet"
    Tomorrow: "Google removes MPAA term from its search engine"
    Day after tomorrow: "No one remembers who or what MPAA is , nor cares anymore"

Noctua fans are great. They are kinda out of world.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just hate it.
    It already looks crudded in dirt, if the performance is good who cares though? Not like it has LEDs

Xtreme Member
    I just hate it.
    Color Scheme Looks well on her
    DJ Falcone 2x Technics SL1200 MK5, Behringer DJX750 Mixer, Alienware m17 laptop.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    And mess with the "Inner Surface Microstructures"??! I THINK NOT!

Yeah actually I'm wary of whether that's science or marketing on the product page. I suspect its overhyped science. And I wonder how many reviewers would have the balls to say "its not much quieter than it used to be, at the same cfm/static pressure/whatnot"
    Well if your so concerned about color, why would you care about laminar flow at the fan blade tips (hint: most of the noise happens there)?

Xtreme Member
    So wait, their doing what Delta has been doing for over a decade...and somehow its NEW??? ooooookay
    - Autobot -
    Intel Q9400 (3.6Ghz) / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    MSI R6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB SATA2 / Lite-On DVD/RW Litescribe SATA
    XFX XXX-Edition modular 650W PSU
    Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance

Xtreme Addict
    Technically it looks good, however I fear that the colours will not quite match my Lian-Li A70B with ASUS ROG motherboard and MSI Lightning XE Graphics Card. Xigmatek's HSF looks the part along with my Scythe Typhoon fans.
    however One cannot deny Noctua's branding is spot on, as soon as you see a fan or a HSF with that distinguishable colour scheme you know it is there's. Yet I think Xigmatek et al are all much of the same and you cannot really distinguish one from another unless you look really closely.
    (Perhaps Zalman still have a bit of branding, but I think even they have moved on from their copper flower designs to a HDT tower design).
    John

BTW anyone know why there is a pretty red head lady on the product page? does she come with the fan?
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    I suspect its overhyped science. And I wonder how many reviewers would have the balls to say "its not much quieter than it used to be, at the same cfm/static pressure/whatnot"
    I think you get Noctua all wrong....Yes, their products come with a healthy price tag, but if you pay premium, you get premium.

The fans may not be quiteter then others at the same rpm, but they come with a 5 year warranty. That means that if you start to hear any noise after 4 years, let's say, you can simply change it at the store you purchased it. Now, I am really not aware what other manufacturer gives you that... Anyway, my oldest NF-P12 has been in use since the launch, in 2007 if I am not wrong, and still perfoms. That is why I like them, not for marketing slogans...

Another thing, you buy an expensive NH-D14 and you pay a price. Yes, but each time a new socket is launched, you just have to ask for a new retention system, and you get it for free...Again, I am not aware of any other manufacturer that gives you this. So bottom line, a Bentley is not faster then a Nissan GTR, but it is a Bentley
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions

Xtreme Mentor
    wait for review
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
    So wait, their doing what Delta has been doing for over a decade...and somehow its NEW??? ooooookay
    They did it better than Delta, but sure.

Xtreme Member
    Quite interesting, I am looking forward to some results. With that color scheme I would only use it where I can't see it, so it should be much better than the gentle typhoons to choose the noctua over them, typhoons actually look quite good to me, not as brutal as sanyo denki but still.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    BTW anyone know why there is a pretty red head lady on the product page? does she come with the fan?
    Maybe she is the inspiration for the choice of color. i think the color looks nice but you would be hard pressed to color theme your case with them.

Xtreme Guru
    I bet these fans will be lovely from a performance/noise ratio for giant heatsinks, too bad Noctuas fans cost the same as midrange coolers. xD
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 11-10-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast