Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 SP on november 29th

Xtreme Addict
    SKYMTL:
    I really appreciate all the info you bring to this forum. So thanks a lot for that. Could you clarify what you mean by "no ref 560 448's?" The EVGA posted by BababooeyHTJ looks like a reference 560...that seems...lame?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    SKYMTL:
    I really appreciate all the info you bring to this forum. So thanks a lot for that. Could you clarify what you mean by "no ref 560 448's?" The EVGA posted by BababooeyHTJ looks like a reference 560...that seems...lame?
    I can't really add much to this other than the fact that unlike the GTX 580, 570, 560 Ti, GTX 550, etc, the board partners were not given a "reference" PCB or cooling solution to base their designs upon this time around . Think back to the GTX 560 (non-Ti) launch; the AiBs went into ye olde parts bin and came out with their own unique spin instead of everyone using a cookie cutter design.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    SKYMTL:
    It looks like a GTX570 HD pcb and cooler to me. You know the one with the display port connector. I was hoping for a better picture but I guess that we'll know more tomorrow. I'm thinking about ordering one just to flash with a GTX570 bios.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Actually, I just got a closer look at some additional cards.

Looks like MOST are using a 6+1 phase design which SHOULD be enough for unlocking if that option becomes a possibility. On the other hand, I have seen three that only have a 4+1 or 5+1 design.
    Had a feeling that would probably be the case.

If a certain brand turns out to be unlockable (preferably one with double the ram), then I think I know what may replace my GTX 460 that my buddy keeps on trying to buy off me. Not that I need a new card (everything I play this card handles without issue), but I could definitely use the extra tax deductions before the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Had a feeling that would probably be the case.

If a certain brand turns out to be unlockable (preferably one with double the ram), then I think I know what may replace my GTX 460 that my buddy keeps on trying to buy off me. Not that I need a new card (everything I play this card handles without issue), but I could definitely use the extra tax deductions before the end of the year.
    Maybe there will be one with double the memory but I doubt it. Doubling the memory on a base model GTX 560 Ti 448 card would in reality push its price above that of a GTX 570, rendering the card a dud in a competitive market.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Maybe there will be one with double the memory but I doubt it. Doubling the memory on a base model GTX 560 Ti 448 card would in reality push its price above that of a GTX 570, rendering the card a dud in a competitive market.
    A guy can hope. Only reason I'm so keen on double the ram is because I see myself playing skyrim for quite some time, and we all know that once you start piling in the texture/graphical mods you go above 1 gb of video ram used in no time flat.
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Mentor
    Are they phasing out GTX570? I noticed that Evga doesn't have a single one in stock. There are very few at newegg and prices across the board are through the roof compared to a couple of months back.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Are they phasing out GTX570? I noticed that Evga doesn't have a single one in stock. There are very few at newegg and prices across the board are through the roof compared to a couple of months back.
    maybe there will be GTX 570 Ti 384bit 480CC who knows..

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    A guy can hope. Only reason I'm so keen on double the ram is because I see myself playing skyrim for quite some time, and we all know that once you start piling in the texture/graphical mods you go above 1 gb of video ram used in no time flat.
    GTX 560TI 448sp have 1280mb ram, not 1gb
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Quote Originally Posted by eXa View Post
    GTX 560TI 448sp have 1280mb ram, not 1gb
    I know, I was talking about my present GTX 460 only has 1gb of ram. 1.2 still isn't going to be enough for some texture updates more than likely.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Member
    They offered 2GB 560 ti's..And those sold pretty well.

I don't see why they wouldnt think to bring the new 448 560 ti to market with 2.4gb..

I know SKY mentioned that the 560 ti didn't really take advantage of it..but they released it anyway. And this is a more powerful card..which could likely take adv of the extra vram..They should make one..
    Iron Lung 3.0 | Intel Core i7 6800k @ 4ghz | 32gb G.SKILL RIPJAW V DDR4-3200 @16-16-16-36 | ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING + ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB + Samsung 840 EVO + 4TB HDD | 55" Samsung KS8000 + 30" Dell u3011 via Displayport - @ 6400x2160

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Nope. I have been hearing from my retailer contacts that the GTX 570 has been selling like gangbusters over the last month and stock are drying up ultra fast. Many predict new shipments landing throughout the next two weeks or so.

By the way guys: NDA lift is tomorrow morning. Get those credit cards ready.

Xtreme Addict

I think if AMD really launches some new cards in January.....

Nv might as well refresh the whole line or make a gtx 585/575.

Considering both cards overclock really well and well past the 10 percent range. I think an upgraded cooler/stronger parts on the PCB and 10% more clocks would at least make things less embarrassing for NV. MSI was able to overclock the gtx 580, 8 percent, while having it consume 5% less power. Gigabyte was able to do it with a better overclock and have similar power consumption. With such a long wait if NV parts come during summer, NV will need a card similar to the gtx 7800 512 card more than ever(custom cooler and higher clocks). This is of course is if AMD releases in January.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123