Thread: No start after unplugging from wall socket -

No start after unplugging from wall socket -

I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone has a clue what's going on with my issue. I just completed a mini-ITX build in the Lian Li PC-Q09F baby case. I used the included 150W PSU and the GBH55N-USB3.0 mini-itx board with i3 540 CPU. Everything was great until I unplugged it from the work area to move it to the TV area. It will not power up when it is unplugged, then plugged back in later. (The computer is shut down before unplugging)

Have the same issue with multiple PSUs. Resetting CMOS will usually allow it to power up, although it may take multiple tries. Computer works fine when shut down, then re-started, as long as it is not ever unplugged.

Have done the following:

1) Taken the build out of the case to minimize possibility of a short
    2) Tried removing RAM sticks and changing RAM, unplugging all USB peripherlas - problem still occurs
    3) Have tried different BIOS settings - including options for recovery from power failure. Problem still occurs.
    4) Have replaced battery - problem still occurs

Now thinking it is probably a motherboard issue. Will try a different CPU just for kicks
    Last edited by shazza; 11-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.

I am Xtreme
    combination of mobo and psu. Does the power supply that comes with the lianli have a on/off switch?

Thanks for responding, Hondacity. No on/off switch on the PSU (which is a 150W flex FSP PSU). I first thought the PSU was the problem, but I've tried two others (a Corsair and an OCZ) and still get the same problem (unless, of course, I blew something up early on.

Probably just have to RMA (or more likely, scrap the whole thing and get a new board and CPU). It's a shame, cause it does exactly what I need it to do when it works.

¿
    BIOS update for board?

Yep - updated to the latest BIOS. Also checked BIOS settings with the same board that I have running in another setup. It's worked fine for months.

Technician
    I had a P4C800 deluxe that did (and still does) the exact same thing shazza. Ive never been able to figure out the cause. Its 100% stable, can be overclocked, everything. Like you I tried many PSU's, it was definitely the board causing it. Changing the mobo battery would make it work for a day or two, then same again. Not a very constructive reply, sorry!

Thanks, PiLsY. I've found a few other people who've had similar issues, with no fix other than RMA, which I'm trying to do now. In the meantime, I have purchased one of the ASRock Z68 mini-ITX boards. It seems to work great - although powering on is hit or miss with the FSP 150W PSU. So, it may well be a compatibility issue like Hondacity suggested. There should be enough power with the PSU, but something isn't working quite right.

If I can't resolve it, I'll just plug it in where I intend to use it, and keep clearing CMOS til it turns on

Fortunately, neither the PSU or motherboard are expensive - it's just annoying.