Thread: Liquid Cooling Basics

Liquid Cooling Basics

I want to cover every option for a new build and i know zero about liquid cooling. Sadly i'm not even sure where the hell people put those three fan radiators. Since i've been roaming forums for however long. Please teach me and whoever else some liquid cooling basics.

I am Xtreme

Thanks lowfat

I have just one quick question not related directly to this topic, but i dont want to open a new one just for this. Can someone help identify this waterblock? Owner says that is Coolermaster written on it, but I fail to find which model it is, or Coolermaster WC system with which he originally came.

tnx

Xtreme Member
    vuuuu

Okay, the basics ideal of my computer's water loop is to move heat from the processor and video chip to a large radiator where it can be dissipated via two large quiet fans as apposed to the traditional cooling method of cooling the components within the limited space they occupy. This requires heat exchangers for the components (water blocks), one or more heat exchangers for the liquid (radiator\s), containment (tubing\fittings\gaskets\etc), flow mechanism (pump), and a means of filling and bleeding (t-line\resevior).

As for installing large radiators: Some ginormous cases natively support 2 or 3 fan radiators, while some people modify cases to support more\bigger rads, and most people install large radiators externally.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norfire007 View Post
    I want to cover every option for a new build and i know zero about liquid cooling. Sadly i'm not even sure where the hell people put those three fan radiators. Since i've been roaming forums for however long. Please teach me and whoever else some liquid cooling basics.
    -I put my 3 x 3 fan rads in the basement
    MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||CM932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
    3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] || VL4N||MR||2xfan controllers || 9 x S-Flex F -[rads]
    8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||2x120gb G2 R0 OS||2x150Vraptors R0-backup|| G15,G13||G9x
    PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub [very clean sound].+sens PC360

Xtreme Member
    Pupo, I would run away from that block while screaming if I were you. An copper bottom with exposed soldered on base fins and an unplatted alunimum top is nothing but a pink slip waiting to happen. If the owner is trying to sell it to you say "NO!", and if he is thinking about using it, grab it from him and throw it as far away as you can (think of it like a hand grenade as its just about as dangerous to the loop). That think will require a full anti-corrosion premix and regular cleaning to make sure nothing goes wrong. To much effort and pretty poor performance for a 3-4 year old block that was never able to compete with other blocks of the day.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.