Thread: Rotary Oil changing

Xtreme Addict

Rotary Oil changing

Alright, I received my compressor after its trek from Canada to here. It seems to have been right side up, upside down, or on its side through various parts of its journey so I am concerned that the oil may have drained into the accumulator which might make for problems starting it up later when I finally do.

So that said, how do you change the oil on one of these? Do you just drain it into the accumulator (assuming the suction line is accessible to the oil chamber) and then pour it out from there involving some tipping and rotating, etc? I was considering contacting Tecumseh to ask them where in the casing I might drill a hole to drain such oil and install a drain port.

Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Xtreme Addict
    I saw something like that, I was hoping that there was an alternative, hehe.

I think what I'm going to do is contact Tecumseh to find out just where I can drill a hole to have direct oil chamber access. Much of that will be empty space, but there are some small lines back there that I could hit with a drill bit if I'm not careful.

This way I won't really have to remove the compressor from the unit to drain the oil.... I hope that's possible.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Addict
    There, emailed Tecumseh, hopefully something good comes out of that.
    Regards, Stew.....

Please post back and let us know the alternative method . I for one would me VERY interested . Thank You

Xtreme Addict
    I will. If I get what I need from them I'd be happy to post a little "guide" when I get a chance to make the modification.
    Regards, Stew.....

Xtreme Addict
    Well, I got what I wanted. Now its just to decide... to modify, or not to modify....
    Regards, Stew.....