Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammed by Tiger Direct

Angry Scammed by Tiger Direct

So few weeks ago i was building ideas for a cheap WCG cruncher for super week. it came down to an i7 2600k for 319$ or an e3-1235 for 249$. the i7 was unlocked and powerful, but the e3 was server grade, cheaper and more efficient. My main concerns were efficiency because i dont need another q6600 rig killing my electric bill each month; so i decided i wanted a mini itx solution.

The problem I had was that i could spend alot of money on the i7, or i could search and find a reasonable solution for the e3. few if any reviews existed for the e3 and even less motherboard options. Intel lists 3 supported motherboards. Asus has 1 and Supermicro and tyan have like 9 total ( expensive too ). Of those options only 1 is mini itx, the S1200KP. Newegg doesnt sell it, mwave didnt sell it. i did a google search and found the sites TigerDirect, CDW and J&R who had them in stock and were reputablee. Of those, I had only purchased from TD before.

When i went to TDs product page (down as of Nov 3rd thanks to my complaints), they listed the board for 171.99$. When i went to buy it, i noticed that in the description, it was noted as :
    Intel Server Board S1200KP - Motherboard - mini ITX - LGA1155 Socket - C206 - 2 x Gigabit Ethernet - onboard graphics (CPU required) (pack of 5 )

That seemed like an error too me. Its not uncommon that there is a typo? So i contacted TD and inquired about it:

Phone : ()-

Subject : Order Concerns

I am looking to buy an Intel s1200kp from your website. The product is http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1109405. It says that it is 171$ and in the description it says (pack of 5). Is that correct or is that a typo? If i buy it for 171 will i get 1 board or 5?
    (email dated Oct 19th)

To which i got the response:

Dear Valued Customer:
    Thank you for your email,

Upon checking the details on the item YYAP-115103, that is correct. You will get 5pcs.

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business. If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

If you have any question call us at 1-800-800-8300.
    (email dated Oct 19th)

So with that, i ordered the motherboard, UPS next day, 28$. When it arrived, there was only 1 small box. Inside was only 1 motherboard. thinking UPS may have misplaced the others, i looked at the shipping document: 1 item shipped @ 2.0lbs. TD listed it as being shipping weight 7.7lbs. Something isnt right there.

I contacted TD about this and told them:

I received my order --------, but i received only one item. The description for item YYAP-115103 says that the item is a pack of 5. When i asked for clarification within this email i was assured i would receive a 5 pack of motherboards yet upon delivery, I was only given one.

I specifically asked if i would receive 5 items within this order and i was assured i would but i received only 1.
    (email dated Oct 20th)

to which i was replied by the same representative:

Dear Valued Customer:
    Thank you for your email,

We do apologize for the confusion, however we need to verify this to the product manager.
    Give us about 24-48hrs to give you an update.
    (email dated Oct 20th)

2 days went by without any contact so i inquired again

I have yet to receive any update as to my purchase
    (email dated Oct 22nd)

To which a new representative replied to me that they needed 2 more business days to update the situation (email dated oct 22nd)

On October 25th I sent another email as i had not heard anything.
    I'm STILL waiting for an explanation of what happened with my order. I have 1 motherboard when my invoice shows i bought a pack of 5. Still no idea what is going on. Not Happy.

Caleb
    (email dated oct 25th)
    I was replied to by another new representative on the 27th
    The item may have been incorrectly listed in our website. We already submitted a request to confirm the correct description for this item. Also, we have requested for a return authorization from our third party. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Thank you for your time and patience.
    ( email dated Oct 27th )

Response
    I Specifically asked if this item was correct a week ago before i placed my order. I was told by Tiger Direct customer service that this item was not incorrectly listed and that I would get 5 motherboards. Intel's own website for this product lists the DBS1200KP being sold in packs of 5 ( For Your Reference: http://ark.intel.com/products/60637/...-Board-S1200KP ). This is beyond an inconvenience, its false advertising and failing to give me what i already paid for.
    (dated Oct 27th)

TD new Rep response
    We have forwarded your request to our upper management for further assistance regarding your concern. Please allow 24 to 72 hours for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your time and patience.
    (dated Oct 28th)

Response
    It has been near 2 weeks since I first inquired and placed my orde rand I have yet to receive my full purchase. What kind of business is this that I have to complain with representative for 2 weeks to receive items that I paid for in full? I want the product I paid for 2 weeks ago, how hard is it that you have to spend 2 weeks and 5 different representatives and however many hours, to disregard my purchase. This is unacceptable! I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and I am now looking into filing a claim with my Attorney General and potentially the FTC.
    (dated Nov 2nd)

TD response
    We reiterate our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience our oversight might have caused. We have verified this with our distributor and confirmed that this was an advertisement error. Only one motherboard is included per pack and not 5. Therefore, we have requested a return authorization number for you to be able to return the product. Once the rma has been received, an email will be sent to you. We understand that this may not be the best resolution on your end and it may not change the situation and inconvenience we have caused you, but we positively hope that this can be a step towards you being able to trust us again.
    (dated Nov 2nd)

Angry response:
    No. If this was an advertising error then why have you continued to advertise and sell the same product with the same information for the past TWO WEEKS. This is not an error THIS IS BAIT AND SWITCH. I PAID FOR 5 MOTHERBOARDS AND I GOT 1. As of 3pm November 2, 2011 This item is still for sale on your website in a PACK OF 5. I do no want a return, I want the 5 motherboards I paid for. THIS HAS GONE ON TOO LONG. I have photos of this item's page from your website, and am able to show that even though you tell me this is an error and I should only be getting 1 board, YOU KEPT IT LISTED ON YOUR PAGE AS 5. If this was an advertising error it would have been addressed WHEN I CONTACTED TIGER DIRECT CUSTOMER SERVICE TWO WEEKS AGO. Claiming this was an advertising error TWO WEEKS POST SALE is not an error and is NOT TOLERABLE. I will not take a RMA, not after 2 weeks of putting up with this sham. I am contacting my Attorney General.
    (dated Nov 2nd)

TD
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We have submitted this and it still does show that it comes in pack of 5. Kindly allow us time to get an appropriate resolution to this matter.
    (dated Nov 2nd)

Me
    Alright, I await the remainder of my pack of 5 then.
    ( dated Nov 2nd)

TD
    We reiterate our sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience our oversight might have caused. We have been advised that most computer parts come several pieces to a box, these come 5 per box because that is the way the manufacturer packs them. But they are priced on our feed as individual. This has been cleared as a description error and had shut down the said product. We have issued a return for you and a prepaid label to ship the product back for refund. We understand that this may not be the best resolution on your end and it may not change the situation and inconvenience we have caused you, but we positively hope that this can be a step towards you being able to trust us again.
    ( dated Nov 3rd)
    Me
    It is not an acceptable solution as the pieces being used with this motherboard have already passed their return period with the businesses they were purchased from. I am stuck with them with only this motherboard as a 1155 C206 Mini - ITX solution. I have filed a claim with the BBB and the Washington State Attorney General and await their responses to this situation.
    (dated Nov 3rd)

Sorry its long, but its unacceptable. I was sold a pack of 5 motherboards and never got 5 motherboards. They sold it as such (pack of 5 ) during the 2 weeks that they shafted me. I have posted on reseller ratings and filed a BBB complaint and a State Attorney General complaint against them.

They confirmed and sold me 5 motherboards and i got 1; thats bait and switch. They advertised pack of 5 motherboards for 15 days after the fact; thats false and misleading advertising and scamming. All the parts in the build are out of return as of 7 days from purchase and even then carry 15% restocking.

FYR intel lists this board as being sold in packs of 5 on its website http://ark.intel.com/products/60637/...-Board-S1200KP

Their parent company Systemax(?) has contacted me and says that i can purchase the remaining 4 motherboards at their price of 151.99$ Each
    I had already paid for 5, why am i going to pay for them again.

Can you see why I am alittle beyond upset? Tiger Direct scammed me and I put this here to bring this to light to a large demographic to one of TD's scheme.

I can reproduce all webpages, emails, packaging slips, and invoices
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

Xtreme Addict
    I can see where they made their flaw, but everyone is human, maybe the rep went along with the specs the manufacturer gave them, 5 pieces in the box, how many pieces were in the box anyways: cables, etc.
    I'm not sure why intel has it listed as 5 pack on their site, but clearly these aren't selling for 30$ a pop, and I know you understand that.
    You're just trying to get 4 free motherboards for the price of one, "Upon checking the details on the item YYAP-115103, that is correct. You will get 5pcs."
    Maybe it was a rookie rep, since they themselves very vaguely answered your question. They didn't specifically say, "Yes, you will get a bundle of 5 motherboards in this order.
    Sorry if I'm against you on this one, but I am. But it's not like they didn't try to resolve this, they're doing what they can to resolve this issue best they can.
    But it doesn't seem like this is one of those cases where if the customer yells loud enough, they'll get what they want.
    http://www.amazon.com/Intel-DBS1200K.../dp/B005GAJHUS
    This mobo appears to be sellign for 166$ on amazon, why would you think you were getting 5 for 170$? The phrase, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't" really hits home here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Xtreme Member
    I'm with you on this, if it sells as a pack of 5 then you should get a pack of 5. Its like buying a carton of drinks, "6 pack for $18" its not $18 for one, its $18 for the carton. Not open it up for the customer and hand them 1.
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

Xtreme Member
    Also says on the Intel site, recommended customer price $144-$150.
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry to say this but you wont win.

TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS
    In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, TigerDirect.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. TigerDirect.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, TigerDirect.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
    This basically means they can do what they want in regards to your order.

Tiger Direct will have cancelled your order and issue you an RMA for return of the individual motherboard you have received.

SLC
    Dude, it was very clearly a mistake on the site. 5 motherboards do not cost $171 and I am sure you know that. You tried to get 4 free motherboards out of a typo on their website and a stupid rep. It didn't work. Their offer to you is reasonable. Get over it. You are not being scammed by tiger direct.

Xtreme Member
    It's stuff like this that makes me face palm.... Be a good person and just accept that people make mistakes. I'm sure you've made some in your life too..
    CPU - Intel i7 2700K @ 5.2Ghz (1.38v)
    Cooling - Corsair H100i With 4 X 120MM OEM Corsair Fans
    System Board - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory - G.Skill RipJaws-Z 2X8GB DDR3 2133Mhz @ 9-10-10-28 1T
    SSD1 - 240Gb Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2 - 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD1 - 1TB WD Black
    HDD2 - 2TB WD Green
    DVD - Liteon 22X DVD R/RW
    GPU1 - EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    PSU - 750W XFX XXX Edition
    Case - Silverstone Raven-02 Case
    Monitors - 3X Asus VX238H's and HANNS-G 28"

PI in the face
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    Dude, it was very clearly a mistake on the site. 5 motherboards do not cost $171 and I am sure you know that. You tried to get 4 free motherboards out of a typo on their website and a stupid rep. It didn't work. Their offer to you is reasonable. Get over it. You are not being scammed by tiger direct.
    Truth +1
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Cruncher
    This is NOT a bait and switch. It was an error. Human's make error's and people like you taking advantage of such error's are what made me stop selling online.

Bottom line is you did not get ripped off. You have no use for 5 boards and were not shopping for such (as you start off in your post your objectives). You just saw an opportunity to rip off an online retailer and are crying that you did not get your way.

Be thankful that e-tailers even exist and give you the great prices that they do while putting up with ungrateful customers every day.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Yin|Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3|Swiftech XT -> GTX240 -> DDC+ w/ Petra's|2600K @ 5.0GHz @1.368V |4 x 4 GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600-8-8-8-24|Asus DirectCUII GTX670|120 GB Crucial M4|2 x 2 TB Seagate LP(Raid-0)|Plextor 755-SA|Auzentech Prelude 7.1|Seasonic M12-700|Lian-Li PC-6077B (Heavily Modded)

Squire|Shuttle SD36G5M| R.I.P.

and yet even though i pointed this error out to them on October 20th, they continued to sell this item as a pack of 5 on their website until November 3rd. Took them about 4 times of me pointing it out to them for them to actually do anything about it

Xtreme Addict
    It was an error not bait and switch. I can see how it can happen. You know better than to think you can get 5 new server class mobo's for $171.99, sorry to say but any losses you may have incurred was caused by you not using common sense.

However I can't help but feel like they should have given you the boards since the rep did confirm.
    Last edited by CrazyNutz; 11-04-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

when i told my friend this a few nights ago he was able to find 1 other product motherboards on their site listed as pack of 5 for next to nothing price. They have been removed as of Nov 3rd, but that still leads me to ask how long they been doing this and how many other products did they label as such
    Last edited by masterg; 11-04-2011 at 08:39 AM.

If anything, I would say the error comes from intels own site and TD are guilty of nothing more than copy/paste. Now go yell at intel for making the typo to begin with

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

XIP
    QFT+1

Imo, TD doesn't own warehouse(es) and their distribution rely on drop shipment from distributor/manucfaturer

XIP
    QFT+1

Imo, TD doesn't own warehouse(es) and their distribution rely on drop shipment from distributor/manucfaturer

Xtreme Addict
    Dont bother yelling at Intel, they made NO mistake at all. Intel sells thier boards to distributors in 5-packs. TD gets the board in 5-packs and singles them out. TD made a copy paste mistake and when you pruchase from TD you have to electronically agree to NOT hold them accountable for these types of mistakes. period.

Now that being said, the other hand is that just because a company desided to write a disclaimer expunging them of any sort of liability should they F-up doesnt necessarily mean that they are not able to be held liable. laws vary state to state and in some states, companies are NOT able to simply wipe away liability for false advertising with a convenient disclaimer that tries to superceed state law.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 11-04-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

The latter part of my post was sarcasm But intel could of made it clearer on their site they sell in packs of 5 and not the distys so copy/paste mistakes made are easier to notice.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Dont bother yelling at Intel, they made NO mistake at all. Intel sells thier boards to distributors in 5-packs. TD gets the board in 5-packs and singles them out. TD made a copy paste mistake and when you pruchase from TD you have to electronically agree to NOT hold them accountable for these types of mistakes. period.
    But I am allowed to dispute the issue in abitration and then small claims

AGREEMENT TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND AGREEMENT TO WAIVE A RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL AND TO PARTICIPATION IN CLASS ACTIONS

You and TigerDirect.com agree to resolve any controversy, dispute, or claim arising out of or relating to your purchase of any product or service from TigerDirect.com by binding Arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association, or in a small claims court, and judgment on the arbitration award rendered by the Arbitrator(s) may be entered in a court having competent jurisdiction. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted and covers all controversies, disputes, claims arising out or relating to your purchase including, but not limited to contract claims, tort claims and statutory claims, or any combination of claims. We agree that the arbitration or small claim proceeding will take place in Miami-Dade County, Florida.

We agree that the American Arbitration Association shall administer the arbitration, and that the American Arbitration Association's Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures and Consumer Related Disputes Supplementary Procedures, if applicable, shall apply. These Arbitration Rules may be found on the American Arbitration Association's web site at www.adr.org . You and TigerDirect.com agree that the Arbitration Award maybe taken to a Court of competent jurisdiction to become an enforceable judgment. You and TigerDirect.com agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis. Class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted.

If you wish to begin arbitration against TigerDirect.com you must file a case with the American Arbitration Association. You may visit the American Arbitration Association's web site at www.adr.org to obtain forms and guidance and to learn the procedure for filing a case under this Arbitration Agreement.

This Arbitration Agreement affects you legal rights. An arbitration is resolved by a neutral party and not a judge or jury. There is less discovery and less exchange of information between the parties to an arbitration than might occur in a court proceeding. An arbitration award is final and binding and will only be overturned or reversed by a court in very limited circumstances. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and TigerDirect.com are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
    Now that being said, the other hand is that just because a company desided to write a disclaimer expunging them of any sort of liability should they F-up doesnt necessarily mean that they are not able to be held liable. laws vary state to state and in some states, companies are NOT able to simply wipe away liability for false advertising with a convenient disclaimer that tries to superceed state law.
    This is why I am not backing down. Corporations ideas that it is easier to ask for forgiveness then permission is not acceptable.

Ket
    The latter part of my post was sarcasm But intel could of made it clearer on their site they sell in packs of 5 and not the distys so copy/paste mistakes made are easier to notice.
    I know, I don't have anything against Intel at this time. They list a 5 pack with code DBS1200KP and a 10 pack BBS1200KP. The barcode on my box is labeled DBS1200KP ( whether that means its a part of a 5 pack or came from a 5 pack is ~ )

The other versions of this motherboard, the uATX and ATX are listed being sold ( single, 5 pack dist, and 10 pack oem ) by comparison.
    Ordering and Spec Information
    Intel® Server Board S1200BTL, OEM, 10 Pack OnlySocket Step Step TDP Ordering Code Spec Code Low Halogen VT-x
    N/A BBS1200BTL No

Intel® Server Board S1200BTL, SingleSocket Step Step TDP Ordering Code Spec Code Low Halogen VT-x
    N/A S1200BTL No

Intel® Server Board S1200BTL, Disti 5 PackSocket Step Step TDP Ordering Code Spec Code Low Ha
    so the fact that this board, the S1200KP is NOT listed being sold as singles is intriguing to me.

ORDERING AND SPEC INFORMATION
    Ordering and Spec Information
    Intel® Server Board S1200KP, 5 PackSocket Step Step TDP Ordering Code Spec Code Low Halogen VT-x
    95 W DBS1200KP No

Intel® Server Board S1200KP, 10 Pack, OEM OnlySocket Step Step TDP Ordering Code Spec Code Low Halogen VT-x
    Last edited by masterg; 11-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.

As has been said, its a mistake and a fairly innocent naive one to have been made by TD. You haven't been scammed at all as you paid a price thats comparable to what a single board costs anyway so you haven't lost any money. I'd chalk it up to some poor underpaid, over-worked and over tired employee just doing what they were told to do.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

After watching resellerratings im not so sure. Other people are complaining of other comparable actions and over the course of the week and a half ive been on there, their rating has changed from an 8.15 to 8.05. thats .06 points away from being removed from "elite" status.
    Last edited by masterg; 11-04-2011 at 02:39 PM.

So somebody has made a bunch of copy/paste moves on TDs site, its laze and it'll get corrected but its nothing dodgy. You paid a good price comparable to other sites.

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    I think you should have recieved 5 boards. All the guys giving you for trying to get something for nothing when you took steps to verify the price and then had to spend weeks in limbo to find out otherwise. Its not right to have to jump through hoops and not be compensated. if they dont want to cough up 4 boards then they should refund your money and let you keep the one you have.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Did you really think you were going to get 5 for less-than-the-price-of-one? You paid a comparable price for that board that is listed on other retailers, and TD was more than generous enough to offer a refund without restocking costs. Yeah, I'd be a bit ticked off, but I'd definitely accept the refund offer and move on.

Time to man up, and accept that you're not going to get 4 free motherboards.

I don't get why people these days believe they are so entitled to free stuff?
    Last edited by [XC] Lead Head; 11-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    Time to man up, and accept that you're not going to get 4 free motherboards.

I don't get why people these days believe they are so entitled to free stuff?
    Because according to my request for confirmation in the first email they admited it was 5 pieces for the price of 171. At that point in time an error or typo wouldn't mean much but they did confirmed no errors at that time. Ii dont entitle myself to free stuff, but when my receipt says i paid for 5 and i have 1?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast