Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 3: 16 Leaked Maps from MW3 Multiplayer

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    I gotta admit MW SP is better than BF SP, and has consistently been in terms of plot and gameplay, but that is IMHO
    BF isnt about SP at all though, just the console kiddies wanted it =)
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by yaddam205 View Post
    I'd buy if it had ranked and dedicated servers. It's pretty redundant to just have one of the two.
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. By not allowing ranked dedicated servers, they just screwed up they whole game for PC users again. I won't be going through that crappy p2p host lag fest again. It probably will also end up infested with cheaters who have no admin to fear. Not to mention hacked hosts that can potentially completely screw up your rank and the time you put into the game...man what a letdown.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardmech View Post
    How can anyone still care about CoD? It's yearly shovelware like the sports games and it has unbalanced unlockable perks to encourage players to grind away making it addictive like a MMORPG. With its instant health regen and terrible balance I don't see how it can be considered a proper fast paced twitch shooter. Activision deserve credit for being skilled at marketing though.
    hahaha they really should change the name of it to Warfare Shooter 2k12. MW3 will also feature a subscription option for features you get for free from other games. No really it's true

Not to mention the map packs they're going to sell you for $15. How anyone can like this game is beyond me.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Memory: 2x4gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Sapphire 6950 Toxic on BenQ XL2420TE
    Board: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power: Corsair AX850W (70A)

HEATware
    Currently playing: Planetside 2, Dead Space 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Gonna pass this game, you need to use their piss poor matchmaking service to rank up, WTF? And I found Call Of Duty's multiplayer to be quite boring as well.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcover View Post
    MW3 will have ranked p2p matchmaking and unranked dedicated servers.

You can enjoy both games as they cater to different audiences. Yes DICE is saying they are making BF3 with the PC in mind. Yet we have horrible textures and polygonmodels. Yet we don't have tesselation. Yet we don't have any real physics other than predictable destruction (which by all means is still nice). Yet we don't have any way of modding the game(correct me?). Even Black Ops allowed for more modding.
    Unless Activision manages to make a deal with every single ISP that guarantees that p2p traffic doesn't get slowed down on purpose, or blocked, or triggers other restrictions on the internet connection they should not ever use p2p, that applies to all games, regardless if its activision or not.

BF3 made with PC in mind? lol, I doubt even the guys in EA Marketing Department believe that, EA was before Activision the biggest enemy PC Gaming had.

I am Xtreme
    Actually dice was developing it for pc but was forced by ea to switch the lead platform mid development...

I wonder what would happend with BF3 if EA didn't want to put it up against MW3...

Xtreme Addict
    EA bought DICE years ago, they are pretty much the same thing now.

Anyway, perhaps there's still people at DICE who would had preferred the game to be different.
    Last edited by El Mano; 11-03-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    I hope to see BF3 as not 'Twitch or Sandbox FPS of the year' (never actually seen those category's) but as the main FPS of the year.
    it's more like the most realistic camping simulator of the year

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

PI in the face
    Idk, I play BOP's a bit and enjoy it...minus the retarded server kicks and dash quitting. I only play Team Deathmatch though. Pre ordered MW3 because I liked MW2 and BOP's.
    Some people like BF3 some like BOP's and some like Katamari, its stupid to argue which is best. Just buy the one you prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    I own almost all the games from both series, COD 4, BLOPS, BF2, BF3 and soon to be MW3. I don't quite get all the hate for the COD series from fans of the BF series, both are very good games. BUT in my case I thoroughly enjoy the COD series MORE because I find the controls to be more "crisp". Haters are going hate but players are gonna play!
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. By not allowing ranked dedicated servers, they just screwed up they whole game for PC users again. I won't be going through that crappy p2p host lag fest again. It probably will also end up infested with cheaters who have no admin to fear. Not to mention hacked hosts that can potentially completely screw up your rank and the time you put into the game...man what a letdown.
    Agreed 100%, Dedicated servers that can be admined or I don't play it. Cod series has always played well for me and felt "crisp" but I refuse to play agaist cheaters all the time, its just not fun. MW2 was the biggest cheat infested game I have EVER seen, it was crazy how many hacks there was, and I'm not talking your average want to be good guy running a wallhack I'm talking full blown aimbotters being blatent with there bot use.......why? because there wasnt anything anyone on the servers could do about it. No thanks.
    AsRock P67 Extreme4
    2500K@4.8 1.37v 24/7 EK supreme HF
    8Gb G-skill RipjawsX 1866/Cas8
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Creative XFI titanium
    Corsair TX 850 PSU
    G-skill SSD,Boot/games
    W-D Black, storage
    Coolermaster HAF/X
    Acer 27in. 120hz

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I own almost all the games from both series, COD 4, BLOPS, BF2, BF3 and soon to be MW3. I don't quite get all the hate for the COD series from fans of the BF series, both are very good games. BUT in my case I thoroughly enjoy the COD series MORE because I find the controls to be more "crisp". Haters are going hate but players are gonna play!
    Let me just start by saying I loved Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (AKA CoD 4). But since then the game has really gone downhill. The problems first started when they announced for MW2 that there would be no dedicated servers. When you actually got MW2 there were glaring multiplayer imbalances, the ridiculous killstreak bonuses, and the pandering to those of *ahem* lower age. Not to mention how poorly some of the maps are made with the chokepoint "meatgrinders" place near everywhere. After that game $15 map packs. oh and did I mention it was one of the first games to cost $60 at a time when $50 was the norm.

If that doesn't sound bad, they release what is essentially the same game a year later at the SAME price point. Newly added features? I can only think of zombie mode. Not only that but it was, at least on PC, rife with bugs and low performance. They have since fixed those issues, but it is evident this is not a game I personally would pay 60 to $120 on (if you take into account the map packs).

Now MW3 is shaping up to be more of the same and it's once again being released a year after it's predecessor. It really has become the sports game that's released yearly without much being changed. That's just my opinion.

tl;dr too much money for unbalanced, forgettable gameplay IMO. This is not hate.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Memory: 2x4gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Sapphire 6950 Toxic on BenQ XL2420TE
    Board: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power: Corsair AX850W (70A)

HEATware
    Currently playing: Planetside 2, Dead Space 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh wow! These seem smaller than ever.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    In my opinion they aren't 2 different genres. Strictly speaking they are both FPS. Then sub-genre wise they are both Warfare based games. I still think BF3 is the clear winner of the 2. COD for one doesn't even have the ability to drive vehicles after all this time. Small maps as per usual. Only evolutionary developments in the graphics. No dedicated servers. BLOPS introduced us all to a game level that one didn't need to fire a single shot off in. What an utter embarrassment. Just because the franchise is popular doesn't mean it's any good. Justin Beiber is uber popular, doesn't mean he's any good either.
    Not everyone wants to play a tank vs Helicopter sim.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Not everyone wants to play a tank vs Helicopter sim.
    You can play BF3 as infantry only. And its quite stunning to say the least, because the weapon handling, modeling, behavior, weapon authenticity, gunplay, etc is pretty jaw dropping.

Im completely in the camp of COD & BF3 being TWO DIFFERENT GAMES. And I enjoy both, but it is blatantly apparent now, that more than ever COD is a straight up ARCADE game. It is not a "military" shooter in much sense, except for the fact it uses real weapons.
    Last edited by TheCarLessDriven; 11-04-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftyman. View Post
    Let me just start by saying I loved Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (AKA CoD 4). But since then the game has really gone downhill. The problems first started when they announced for MW2 that there would be no dedicated servers. When you actually got MW2 there were glaring multiplayer imbalances, the ridiculous killstreak bonuses, and the pandering to those of *ahem* lower age. Not to mention how poorly some of the maps are made with the chokepoint "meatgrinders" place near everywhere. After that game $15 map packs. oh and did I mention it was one of the first games to cost $60 at a time when $50 was the norm.

If that doesn't sound bad, they release what is essentially the same game a year later at the SAME price point. Newly added features? I can only think of zombie mode. Not only that but it was, at least on PC, rife with bugs and low performance. They have since fixed those issues, but it is evident this is not a game I personally would pay 60 to $120 on (if you take into account the map packs).

Now MW3 is shaping up to be more of the same and it's once again being released a year after it's predecessor. It really has become the sports game that's released yearly without much being changed. That's just my opinion.

tl;dr too much money for unbalanced, forgettable gameplay IMO. This is not hate.
    Makes me glad I opted out of CoD, too. I've been playing CoD since it's first release and quite successful (for a fun clan) in 3 vs 3 TDM & 5 vs 5 S&D back in the CoD2 days. MW1 was a huge change, to me it felt like too much depended on chance and speed. It was a lot of fun, but not so much in clan matches anymore (at least S&D).

I did not buy a single CoD developed by Treyarch and chose not to buy MW2 as soon as they mentioned that it would not have dedicated server. Now MW3 looks pretty ridiculous, too. Makes me a sad panda

Well, maybe I'll just stick to playing the hat store aka TF2 and SP games... I played BF2 too for maybe two years or so but I hated being raped by jets and helicopters. BF3 might be a choice for me if and when it is released on Steam (and most of the bugs have been fixed).
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Member

hehe nice vid
    Phenom II x6 1055T | ASRock 880G Ex.3 | 560Ti FrozrII 1GB| Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4GB | Win7 64 | M4 128GB

VR Box - i5 6600 | MSI Mortar | Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 | Viper 16GB DDR4 2400 | 256 SSD | Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch

Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    It probably will also end up infested with cheaters who have no admin to fear. Not to mention hacked hosts that can potentially completely screw up your rank and the time you put into the game...man what a letdown.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...e-3-bloot.html

@fourzerodouche
    Robert Bowling
    1st round of #MW3 bans going out. Any player attempting to play unfairly or boost rank will be banned from leaderboards and from playing.
    Just like in MW2 right?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    You know there were other before COD4?

I still hold to the fact that COD: United Offensive and Desert Combat for BF1942 were some of the best games in their respective histories.

But then again maybe I am showing my age and that this new wave of console kids never had the chance to play them in their prime?

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Quote Originally Posted by n!Cola View Post

hehe nice vid
    That commercial was pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Member
    Nice vid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12