Thread: handbrake dvd rip settings

I am Xtreme

handbrake dvd rip settings

i am trying to rip a bunch of my kids dvd's to mkv x264 and am using handbrake.
    most animation and computer animation.
    i originally had just ripped to iso then played it off my NAS to my Seagate Freeagent Theater+

now i need to save space (like 8TB's isnt enough lol )

But i am not happy with the quality i am getting when i set the file size to 1500mb and play around with a vew other settings.

years ago, im talking year 2001 i was able to rip movies to a 1500mb file and have 95% dvd quality. i used bit rate calc's and other tools and had things down 'pat.
    since then i have forgotten everything i knew back then.

does anyone have any profiles that they have saved or can save that they can share with me?

there is alot of info on handbrake and i am good with reading but video encoding is such a broad spectrum and so many settings.

i have tried alot of things and handbrake has a nasty tendancy to produce huge file sizes when i use settings which i think are ok.
    so as you see i need a little help.

i use 1500mb because its a good filesize to give really good dvd quality. especially on animation. but equally as well with regular movies.

can anyone help out.
    you can email me any handbrake profiles you wish to share to lestat@mchsi.com

thanks!
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    I never used handbrake.. I used fairusewizard iirc, just set target file size to 1500MB (like you), hit go, done - never had an issue

DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/