Thread: Obsidian 800D Switch Mod Help

Obsidian 800D Switch Mod Help

Okay so I want to mod my Corsair Obsidian 800D case to use a different power switch to turn it on. This switch exactly: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=27182

It has a molex plug and I want to use it to power on the computer but I don't know what or how to do it.

Can someone tell me how to wire it to get to use it as aa power switch? Any help is appreciated.

soulEngine
    So, I'm no pro at wiring, so I'll help how I can, but first, you realize the $23 for that is for the bus with only 1 military switch, right? Also, generally military switches are only used to power molex powered elements, but I think you can wire it up to be a power switch. As long as you understand that, you'll need something like this to wire it up: EZ Power Switch cable. Now, I don't know exactly if that'll work, so you'll have to do some more research, but it should function just like any other switch - connect the spades to the proper spades on the switch and plug to 2-pin connector into the POWER port on your motherboard and good to go. I hope that helps!

(I'm in the process of going to replace my obsidian 800d power switch as well, so I'll come to this soon enough!)