Thread: Eliminating buzzing noise of AMD Radeon 6970

I am Xtreme

Eliminating buzzing noise of AMD Radeon 6970

Basically, I need to get rid of electric buzzing noise coming from my card. The noise only comes up during 3D, and its frequency increases as FPS goes up.

Buzzing chokes, I guess?

What can I do about that? I read up a bit, I think I need to cover them with epoxy or something?

Here's a huge image of a reference 6970 card: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/H...ages/front.jpg

Would someone be so kind to tell me what to apply and highlight where to apply whatever-it-is on the image? Please make it simple if possible.
    Well, or generally, what to do... And how would it affect my card's temps? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you guys can provide!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    Anyone?
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    Bump...
    Donate to XS forums

I am Xtreme
    I guess I just won't bother, then.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Addict
    Just go crazy with the glue gun around the edges of all chokes etc. Quite impossible to say what component/s is making the sound..
    It'll be messy, but if you are lucky it might help. Doubt it would have any noticeable affect on temps
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF