Thread: i think my ddc died

i think my ddc died

i think my ddc died, it makes a quite sound thats alot like a dead car when the battery is low voltage and the cycloid in the starter dose not engage and the housing feels like a fan that was stopped and then needs to be hand moved to start again or to wait for the system to restart. i opened it up and it had some sticky blue green junk in it (i have lrt pro tubing and used 4 drops of pt nuke clear)

so is it dead or is there a fix for that since it trys to start, whats the best ddc now, and can i reuse my ek g3/8 v1 or do i need to get a new top/35x?

how much performance do u think that i would loose going to a cpx pro 18W (the DD or EK)?

dose any1 know of a shop in the bay area that dose local pickup, microcenter only had a 655 for $100 when i was there a couple weeks ago and i dont think that frys has anything but kits?
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Chasing After Diety
    order the pump NOW...

koolance has about a 3 day shipping time from WA -> CA. and would be your closest retailer next to newegg.

Koolance even allows you to do top modifications on a all their pumps and still hold warrenty.

This is why i shifted all my pump recommendations to koolance.

And this is where guys who are running dual pumps... smile and go, thank god i have redundancy. :P

Zanzabar... remember my nickname for my system... backups on top of backups on top of redundancys.. :P
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 10-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

i got a cpx pro for $50 at svc (local) since i would have needed a new top and ddc i figured that the cpx pro was the best for the money and i could get it local, i just got home from a multi day bender, got it installed and its running good now.

the cpx is almost as big as a d5 and it makes allot of vacuum, so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in performance with my small 2 block 2 rad loop since its a little weaker but has a little less heat dump than a ddc.

i went through the loop and i had algae, so im guessing thats what killed it and since the pump tried to start i might be able to fix it. so the clear pt nuke sucks or it degrades, im sticking to the copper sulfate
    Last edited by zanzabar; 10-30-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

I'm not using any PT nuke anymore (even though I have some left). My loop in my Quad Insanity build has been going for a year without being touched, just distilled and a killcoil, and everything is still crystal clear. So when I cleaned up the disaster that happened in my main rig and recently put my loop back together, it is running the same distilled + killcoil setup.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I'm not using any PT nuke anymore (even though I have some left). My loop in my Quad Insanity build has been going for a year without being touched, just distilled and a killcoil, and everything is still crystal clear. So when I cleaned up the disaster that happened in my main rig and recently put my loop back together, it is running the same distilled + killcoil setup.
    i use a t-line with a fill port rez so silver is not that practical for me, and i still have a bunch of pt nuke i maybe used 10 drops of the copper sulphate, and i had a run of almost 2 years with clean blocks when i was using it.