Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Patents "Slide To Unlock" Feature, All Android Devices Now In Violation

Xtreme Addict
    Apple is as guilty as it's customers, who support this moronic behaviour with their money.
    It seems that Steve Jobs wasn't the only evil mind at Apple.

Xtreme Member

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Quote Originally Posted by BoredByLife View Post
    It is not Apple's fault, it is the retarded US patent laws that are flawed
    So if some small remote law said that, if committed in the specific case of using a banana at 8:39 in the morning, a killing is not murder... you would actually go on and tell the victim's mother "it's not his fault"?

And by the way I'm going to patent patents. So every company that owns a patent, will have to pay royalties for every patent to me, because I own such patent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    Or Google should just use subsidiary companies to purchase controlling interest in Apple's stock and force Apple to give up all its patents. lol
    Would take a lot of companies to pool enough money to buy half of apple.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trn View Post
    Good for Apple; in my semi-professional opinion sliding to unlock is a patent-able feature. If they invented it and used it first they have the right to patent their invention even though to us at this time it seems like such a everyday thing. And the claims in the patent look pretty rock solid...
    By that logic, maybe Microsoft should get a patent for the "Desktop" and "Software Icons/shortcuts embedded in a digital desktop space" which is present in virtually all modern software from cell phones to PC.

I wonder how nice that would be for apple then...
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme News
    The IOS5 updates have included more and more Android features. I wonder how google feels about that in light of this patent

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    Apple is as guilty as it's customers, who support this moronic behaviour with their money.
    It seems that Steve Jobs wasn't the only evil mind at Apple.
    That's capitalizm. Everything is monetized, if it makes you a buck no one really cares.

Xtreme Mentor
    Opera's mouse gestures have been around for far longer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
    The IOS5 updates have included more and more Android features. I wonder how google feels about that in light of this patent
    Yeah this is what ticks me off the most. Apple whinges about people stealing their ideas but they steal others. You can't have it both ways...

Xtreme Addict
    I'm going to join the 'Occupy Wallstreet' protest and protest against Apple and the US Patent Office. Sure, all those hippy scumbags probably own iPhones, but who cares if their feelings are hurt.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Having a patent is only part of of the process; if Apple decides to try to enforce this one in court we will see how the patent holds up.

If competition can show previous use of a similar slide to unlock the patent can be invalidated (such as the mentioned Windows CE phone.) The USTPO really can't be the expert in everything; they can also only find other patents to invalidate patent applications. If MS never filed and application for the slide to unlock on the CE phone then the USTPO would have no idea that feature existed. The USTPO was right to issue the patent; whether it can be defended in court is another issue...

Mentioning "Apple" in a new thread on any 'net forum immediately forms a lynch mob; they are just running their business and doing it damn well.
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

I would just like to point out that Apple filed this patent in 2005, just because it didn't get approved until doesn't mean that they weren't entitled to it.

Several sites are also mentioning the Neonode N1m/Windows CE, however the gesture was part of a UI addon called Neno that was exclusive to the device. Neonode was a tiny company, and their devices never launched in the United States.

Patents are country specific, so regardless of what you may think, if the patent is valid, Apple likely is entitled to it, the bigger question is just whether or not the gesture itself should be patentable at least in the broad far reaching way of this patent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Amen, if you have problems with stuff like this; there are thousands already out on the streets complaining that you are welcome to join. The reason people are complaining that they lack a message is because it really is that broad an issue. Overreaching patent trolling is one of the many slimy tentacles that has worked to destroy affordable healthcare among many other expensive facets of modern life. Companies like Apple and Rambus have tried to do to IT what pharmas did to perscription meds in the USA.

Banned Movieman...
    can i patent the ability to speak?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by trn View Post
    Good for Apple; in my semi-professional opinion sliding to unlock is a patent-able feature. If they invented it and used it first they have the right to patent their invention even though to us at this time it seems like such a everyday thing. And the claims in the patent look pretty rock solid...
    they didn't invent it

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia87 View Post
    I would just like to point out that Apple filed this patent in 2005, just because it didn't get approved until doesn't mean that they weren't entitled to it.

Several sites are also mentioning the Neonode N1m/Windows CE, however the gesture was part of a UI addon called Neno that was exclusive to the device. Neonode was a tiny company, and their devices never launched in the United States.

Patents are country specific, so regardless of what you may think, if the patent is valid, Apple likely is entitled to it, the bigger question is just whether or not the gesture itself should be patentable at least in the broad far reaching way of this patent.
    Entitlement doesnt make something right.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    A few years from now when solar power tech is at the point where devices, cars, houses, whatnot can be powered by a type of photosynthesis, Apple will patent photosynthesis because of their company logo, an Apple. I mean, they invented their logo and everything related to it, so it's only a right thing to do.

All plants, owner of plants (indoor plants, commercial timber land, even the specks of moss on your roof), states in which plants grow, and all tech related to it will infringe on Apples rightful patent. I think Apple should prepare for this by hiring more patent lawyer. Loads of them. All of them actually, they'll be busy.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme Mentor
    too many violation in this world
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Visitor
    New troll in the making...Ms get ready to pay for your Kinect!

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...g-toolbar.html

Xtreme Addict
    This is a disgrace, I am lost for words still.
    How can Apple be allowed to do this?
    Is the US Patent system really that flawed?
    Or is it riddled with Apple Fanboys that genuinely believe any device with an Apple logo on the back will save the world from the Apocalypse?
    John
    Last edited by JohnZS; 10-29-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Xtreme Addict
    And now we know why people who really know who Apple is as a company, choose to avoid. I'm not talking about all the imedia sheep, but the professionals who have seen Apple shoot themselves in the foot time and time again. It's a vicious loop from the begging era of the company and ultimately will lead to the industry again pushing them to the bottom 8%. History will repeat its self and I'm sticking on Google's side (as I type this up on a chromebook lol).
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia87 View Post

Except for the fact that my Jornada had this function. Look, it's not about Apple inventing. We all know they take ideas and improve them. Still don't believe it? How about this: google Steve Jobs and idea stealing.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    Except for the fact that my Jornada had this function. Look, it's not about Apple inventing. We all know they take ideas and improve them. Still don't believe it? How about this: google Steve Jobs and idea stealing.
    Which is what brings me back to this all over again.

John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Microsoft should simply patent the OS if they have not already done so. Really stick it to Apple... pay M$ for OSX....

While we're at it, patent the GUI. Patent the idea of housing computer components and using screws or latches to secure , boards, ODDs, HDDs,

As much as people complain about the patent system, no one had patented this "concepts" before. What other companies didn't bother. Maybe the concept of sliding to unlock just seems so natural, it would be a crime to do so.

At least genes are not patentable..... god help us if apple tries to patent our genome next.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    Which is what brings me back to this all over again.

John
    I love how he can justify stealing by quoting someone, as if that justifies the fact he doesn't think, just takes other ideas. If you look at other videos, Jobs then bashes M$ for lack of new ideas.....

And all this stuff about hiring zoologists/computer programers? Give me a break.....
    Last edited by [XC] Synthetickiller; 10-29-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast