Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Patents "Slide To Unlock" Feature, All Android Devices Now In Violation

Xtreme News

Apple Patents "Slide To Unlock" Feature, All Android Devices Now In Violation

it covers complex gestures , not just the basic swipe. Including androids password screen

http://hothardware.com/News/Apple-Pa...-In-Violation/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by sladesurfer; 10-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Heck, my OLD enV touch had slide to unlock. Geez really guys? Apple, STOP being patent trolls!

So many things these days are patented when they clearly shouldn't be. This is ridiculous.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

its always great when apple pattens things from other devices
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme News
    all this stupid patent licenses.

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    It is not Apple's fault, it is the retarded US patent laws that are flawed

Xtreme Addict
    Let me guess the judge delivered his verdict on Facetime?
    What a load of nonsensical madness, surely this CONCEPT cannot be PATENTED. Where do you draw the line?
    My HTC does not have a slide to unlock from left to right (it slides down), but would this also be in violation of some alleged patent?
    This poppy would not happen here (or at least I hope not).

Between you and me, whatever the patent office are smoking, I think it must be some seriously good stuff!
    Either that or Cook is cooking the books at the patent office!
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Quote Originally Posted by BoredByLife View Post
    It is not Apple's fault, it is the retarded US patent laws that are flawed
    What? How can it not be Apple's fault that they did it in the first place? Come on.

YES the laws are flawed, but that doesn't mean Apple is innocent since they obviously pursued such a thing. Geez.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned Movieman...
    someone from the patent office is getting lots of money from apple...

WTF? What retard OK'd this? By this logic shouldn't MS of won the big law case they had when they tried to copyright "Windows"? :/

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Addict
    another case of how Patent Trolling is just used to stifle innovation and competition
    Especially since the Dutch already ruled that the technology existed before the Iphone

Xtreme News
    i wonder if apple is gonna patent page swiping also (when your searching for an app)

I wonder if anyone has patented a system for registering patents. I should patent that and then force the patent office to shut down.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme News
    i should patent making phone calls

Xtreme Mentor
    i shall soon hold the patent to: Things you can hold in your hand and use to do stuff with.

i will be the richest person on this planet. O wait, on MY planet.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Cruncher
    Good for Apple; in my semi-professional opinion sliding to unlock is a patent-able feature. If they invented it and used it first they have the right to patent their invention even though to us at this time it seems like such a everyday thing. And the claims in the patent look pretty rock solid...
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8

Its a mechanism. Hardly anything ground breaking. At the very least whoever is in the patent office needs a large dose of common sence, I fail to see how any product using something that wasn't patented upon its release is suddenly "in violation" when said feature (in this case, not even a feature, MECHANISM) is patented. Existing products should be exempt as they were released before the patent came into effect.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Quote Originally Posted by trn View Post
    Good for Apple; in my semi-professional opinion sliding to unlock is a patent-able feature. If they invented it and used it first they have the right to patent their invention even though to us at this time it seems like such a everyday thing. And the claims in the patent look pretty rock solid...
    I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they did not invent it (like many things they use), nor were they the first to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Its a mechanism. Hardly anything ground breaking. At the very least whoever is in the patent office needs a large dose of common sence, I fail to see how any product using something that wasn't patented upon its release is suddenly "in violation" when said feature (in this case, not even a feature, MECHANISM) is patented. Existing products should be exempt as they were released before the patent came into effect.
    THIS x1000000000.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    Apple doesn't invent anything they steal and patent. And thanks to the Apple drones the feature stolen becomes popular.

http://www.androidcentral.com/apple-...ey-invented-it

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    What? How can it not be Apple's fault that they did it in the first place? Come on.

YES the laws are flawed, but that doesn't mean Apple is innocent since they obviously pursued such a thing. Geez.
    I agree the patent system is flawed. In my current opinion software shouldn't be permitted to be patented. Trade secrets, sure, but not patented. However, Apple is just playing the game and patenting it before someone else patents this concept and then bans their phones in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I wonder if anyone has patented a system for registering patents. I should patent that and then force the patent office to shut down.
    There are a few attempts at stupid stuff like this. I remember reading a case about a patent lawyer attempting this just to make a mockery of the patent system. It was denied

Yup. A shame for everyone else but dems da rules.

Xtreme Addict
    You think these silly little patents are rediculous? Most of you unknowingly had your blood taken at birth and your DNA sequence was patented. Hope you dont need access or need to use your own DNA for anything.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post
    You think these silly little patents are rediculous? Most of you unknowingly had your blood taken at birth and your DNA sequence was patented. Hope you dont need access or need to use your own DNA for anything.
    Evidence of this?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
    i should patent making phone calls
    patent: 02749251 - Making use of something to do something which does something else.

Now apple I am going to sue you for patent infringement.... and if you do something about it, that "something" can also be sued for patent infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by G0ldBr1ck View Post
    I can make wild claims too.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Addict
    This just in: Apple patented the screen. Even CRT monitors from 20 years ago are in direct violation. :P
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast