Thread: HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v3.90 released

HWiNFO Author

HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v3.90 released

HWiNFO32 v3.90 and HWiNFO64 v3.90 available.
    Changes:
    • Improved sensor monitoring on multi-threaded systems.
    • Enhanced support of systems with multiple CPU groups.
    • Enhanced support of Nehalem-EX.
    • Added preliminary support of Ivy Bridge-EP/EX.
    • Extended new clock measurement method to AMD 10h and 15h families.
    • Enhanced NVAPI GPU fan speed monitoring.
    • Minor bugfixes and improvements.
    • Added support of XMP 1.3.
    • Added AMD PITCAIRN XT/PRO, WIMBLEDON XT.
    • Improved reporting of GPU Memory clock on later AMD GPUs (R700 and above).
    • Raised sensor limits.
    • Added reporting of system memory usage in sensors.

Xtreme Member
    "Added preliminary support of Ivy Bridge-EP/EX."

this is new info?

Xtreme Mentor
    wow that big improvement
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

HWiNFO Author
    Ivy Bridge? that's oooold
    I'm currently working on Haswell support

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumak View Post
    Ivy Bridge? that's oooold
    I'm currently working on Haswell support
    He means the EP/EX version, which we haven't heard about before. I guess this confirms its existence.

Can I ask about your job? Because I really have no idea. How do you support things that don't exist? Is there a way to pay Intel to tell you secrets? I don't understand.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I'm curious too, how are you already working on Haswell?

HWiNFO Author
    IVB-EP/EX existence is logical, I thought it's already public..
    Besides HWiNFO, my primary job is low-level software engineering - drivers, firmware, partial BIOS, etc.. Such jobs often involve early access to systems which are under development.
    Of course all preliminary/early access information (and advanced information) is kept under strict NDAs so I cannot give our any further details about such things (I believe that saying that I'm working on next-gen stuff doesn't violate it).
    Things like CPUs for example start development several years before the actual release. First internal-only, later strategic customers and early-access engineers step-in to prepare their platforms to support these components in advance (HW engineers - layout, SW engineers - BIOS/firmware). They have a need-to-know things in advance. So when the first limited samples are available (~1 year before launch; there are several stages like ES0/1/2/QS) they can test their early platforms and hunt bugs; this is a close relationship with hardware vendors. When the public gets access to first samples (illegal leaks), the external development is already several months in progress and many things are finalized. The same goes to documentation and technical details - it's available years before launch (often even before the first samples are ready), which allows to start working on future gens in advance...
    To bring a new CPU to market is a big process, if often starts as a request from biggest partners and the whole development cycle involves participation of several external players. There are relationships between several levels of internal/external people and that implies a big information exchange.
    There's no straight way that you pay those companies (like Intel) to get information in advance. You must have a need-to-know and support from their side. The best need-to-know is to be an early-access engineer or even better - a strategic partner. Sometimes not even a good need-to-know and support is enough to get required approvals.. Everything is driven by $$$ in today's world, there are only few exceptions to this
    Last edited by Mumak; 11-09-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the post Mumak!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumak View Post
    IVB-EP/EX existence is logical, I thought it's already public..
    Yeah, PC Watch mentioned Ivy Bridge-EX-A/-B and I think -EP over a year ago.