Thread: [Bundymania User Review] Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir D5 - Clear

Xtreme Addict

Post [Bundymania User Review] Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir D5 - Clear

Hey Guys,

Today i want to show you a new reservoir from Primochill.
    Itīs a Bay Reservoir and fits in 2x 5,25" Drive Bays. The Name of the Reservoir is "Myriad" and itīs available in different versions. My Version is the clear version, there are also Variants with uv reactive faceplates.
    The good thing is: you can install a Laing D5 Pump (and derivates) directly at the back from this Reservoir.

Technical specifications:

Material: Plexi
    Colour: Black front, transparent Plexi
    Dimensions (LxWxH): 140 x 68 x 80mm
    Filling threads: 2xG1/4"
    Connection threads: 4x G1/4"

Extent of delivery:

1x Primochill Myriad Dual Bay D5 Reservoir (not assembled)
    4x silver Screw plugs
    1x Funnel
    24Pin ATX bridging plug
    English illustrated mounting manual
    Mounting material

Price: 123 $ at Aquatuning.us

As you can see at the pics, there are many single parts in the package. The Myriad is not ready to use, like similar Reservoirs from other companies. You have to build it completly by yourself, like a big puzzle ! I sometimes felt like a IKEA Customer, when installing all those little pieces to a whole Reservoir !
    Well, you have to be a patient person, to bring all those parts together, because itīs a bit tricky at all !

The Reservoir comes in one big package, which includes 3 smaller packages. The manual is in english, but there is missing a part, so this fact makes it more tricky to build ! But hey, youīre a watercooling enthusiast and should love it, or not ?
    You should expect an hour to bring all parts together, or maybe longer..who knows ?!

Just check the pics to see, how the build process goes on:

At the beginning, you have to put an O-Ring in the Back Part from the Myriad Reservoir but watch out, when doing this, because the screws can damage the Plastic Inlay! And yes, no worry, there will be a bunch of more O-Rings which you have to install by yourself ! I guess those Guys at Primochill over there must have a good sense of humor or whatever !

At this picture, you can see the acylic frontplate which needs to be mounted with 8 ! screws by yourself. When you think, this could be a bit dangerous, because of the plexi material, youīre absolutly right ! So watch out and tighten the screws smoothly. The funnel comes with the Res. to make the fill process a bit easier. The Alu Frontplate is fixed via 3M Tape.

Ok now, here you can see the middle part, the reservoir body itself, where the coolant is in later on. On both sides, long O-Rings must find their way in.
    Please donīt ask, how often those Rings slips out during the build process !

When you finally masterered this part, the Reservoir is still not ready to use !

Finally, it follows the installation of the pump:

Since you have 4x G 1/4" Threads available, you can go for 1 or 2 Loops.

The Case Mounting Mechanism has to be installed by the customer aswell:

Using the Myriad Reservoir and Final Conclusion:

At first, i was wondering why the customer has to install all parts by himself. Itīs not a 30 $ Reservoir, nope...it costs 120 $ ! The Build process should be done by a person, which has experience in such things. It can happen that you destroy the Frontplate easily with those 8 screws, or at the very beginning, when mounting the inlay plate. Short: Itīs not user friendly !

Well, when the build process is finally done and all parts came together properly, the Reservoir looks ok and has no problem with a high Flow Setup (more than 250 liters/h.)
    But let me tell you something: There are several Reservoirs, which i would recommend more than this one here, from Koolance, Tecnofront or EK for example !

This Reservoir is available at Aquatuning:

http://www.aquatuning.us/product_inf...5---Clear.html

Thanks to Primochill, Aquatuning, Phobya and Alphacool for their friendly support !

Xtreme Addict
    that is mental. $120 for a do it your self kit ... starts to cringe at the thought of it. mind you that's primoshill for you.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Primoshill must be dreaming. You can get the RX452 from KL for $9 more, allows you to use 2x d5's and doesnt require self assembly....
    CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 | Gigabyte P45-UD3P | Q9550 @ 4GHz 1.30v | 2x2GB G.Skill 8500 | Gigabyte 6950 Flashed to 6970 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Seasonic x-750

Loop 1:Laning DDC3.2 XSPC Res Top, Swiftech GTZ & MCR 320

PetrasTech.com R.I.P.
    Team Group Ram

How long did the assembly take?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Primoshill must be dreaming. You can get the RX452 from KL for $9 more, allows you to use 2x d5's and doesnt require self assembly....
    Agree!
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Addict
    Over here I've seen it as low as $68 dollars from Xoxide, and I happen to have one-for $68 dollars I'll recommend it, even if it's a bit of a pain to assemble, because it works and it works really well.

Never go full retard
    Just be glad you didn't have to deal with it before the formed o-ring.

Xtreme Member
    that is an insane price point for a non-assembled res.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Thanks for reviewing. I am curious about the double volute design and how performance relates. Ive only seen double in large industrial pumps, supposedly good for reducing bearing forces/wear but not necessarily more efficient.

I can see the desire for modularity, but that is a number of small pieces..almost a DIY project at that level.

Banned
    So, it is ok to bash Primochill for producing a questionable product, but as soon as you bash EK or any other active vendors on this site for producing a questionable product your inbox is flooded with mod'd PMs.

I wanted to add my experience to this. I have this res except that the front plexi plate has no grooves. It came pre-assembled from Frozen CPU for $70.00.

It developed a slow leak from behind the plexiglass after about a month (I had it for 2 months before installing). Tightening the screws ALOT seems to resolve this, but only for about a day or two. Then, it has to be repeated. The pump doesn't vibrate any more than expected, and should not be causing this.

The pump is a variable, but even dialed down a bit it still tends to draw any air at all in the res back into the loop.

I think it's just a bad design. I'm just going to walk away from it as I doubt I'll get anything out of Primochill but another one with the same problem.
    Caselabs M8, i7 2600K W/ Apogee GTZ, 8GB Gskill Sniper 1600Mhz, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, Intel 310 160GB, WD Caviar black 640GB, Powercolor 5870 W/Ek block, Seasonic X650.

I am Xtreme
    avoid Primochill

/end thread
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the review, but as many says is better to go with KL one

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yikes, normally shipping flatpack is to minimize size and therefore shipping costs, but that's really just trying to put the onus of construction on the customer!